• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excel Packing List - Download available

God Bless the person who created this list. Discovered it tonight and it will save me so much time.

I was getting the same error message -
try going back to page 5 and look at 2disneycruzrs post - there is a link to her website, and I was able to open it from her website!

Fantastic list! I'm cruising the Med in July, so ignoring the Castaway Cay info, it will be really helpful. Now to get a list of stuff off to my mom in IL to send to me pre-cruise - stuff like Downy wrinkle release isn't avail in the UK!

I was getting the same error message -
try going back to page 5 and look at 2disneycruzrs post - there is a link to her website, and I was able to open it from her website!

Fantastic list! I'm cruising the Med in July, so ignoring the Castaway Cay info, it will be really helpful. Now to get a list of stuff off to my mom in IL to send to me pre-cruise - stuff like Downy wrinkle release isn't avail in the UK!

Thanks!! I was able to get to the list after going to the website

Could someone repost the link for the packing list? Everytime I try and access it, it says website not available.

Thanks,

Peg

Thanks, I had to download the exel viewer to be able to see it, but I finally got it.

Have a great Thansgiving everyone !!

Peg

Make sure you scroll to the bottom of your screen to see the tabs. Click on the tab to get to the different lists. (Make sure you also have Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 or the free viewer for it.) I added a "Scrapbookers" tab at the end from suggestions posted by DIS scrapbookers. Access via my site below (I added it this summer so it's not on the original list that we posted on the boards).

Jen
www.stlsheldons.us
Click the link above that will direct you to the Excel file of cruise tips and packing list provided by fellow DISers and stateroom report link. Click on the Cruise & Travel Tips Tab to get to the file.

I don't know why the excel file isn't there to share..I will try to check the page tomorrow..I know .mac changed to .me so maybe that is the reason..

I would love to be able to open it but, it just won't on my Mac laptop.

Any suggestions?? Can it be e-mailed?

Thanks!

I would love to be able to open it but, it just won't on my Mac laptop.

Any suggestions?? Can it be e-mailed?

Thanks!

Here you go, I copied/pasted it.

DISNEY TIPS
Disney: Castaway Cay - Bahama Mamas are 2 for 1
Disney: Castaway Cay - Buy CC cards at Mickey's Mates, fill them out in advance so you only have to mail them at the post office
Disney: Castaway Cay - Find the seating farthest away at Cookie's BBQ - it's usually the least crowded
Disney: Castaway Cay - Go to the far side of the Family Beach
Disney: Castaway Cay - Go to the food line at the far right at Cookie's BBQ - it's usually empty or short.
Disney: Castaway Cay - Send a postcard to yourself from there
Disney: Castaway Cay - Snorkel early before it gets crowded and cloudy
Disney: Castaway Cay - Wait till mid-day and you may be able to get a free float by unclaimed owners.
Disney: Embarkation - Check-in opens at 10:30 a.m.; boarding begins at Noon.
Disney: Embarkation - Do your Palo/Spa reservations, then swim, then eat. It's the slowest the pool will be all cruise (except while at port).
Disney: Embarkation - Don't miss the sail-away celebration!
Disney: Embarkation - Go to Animal Kingdom on departure day and take the transfer to the port from there
Disney: Embarkation - Stay at the Radisson at the port
Disney: Entertainment - Call 888-325-2500, choose reservations, and find out what movies are showing during your cruise
Disney: Entertainment - Check the info board by guest services for the character schedule or call the hotline. Be early for the Princesses.
Disney: Entertainment - For "Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer?", sit near empty rows or seats to have more chances of being picked.
Disney: Entertainment - See all the shows and don't leave early.
Disney: Future Booking - Be sure they charge your credit card for the deposit before you leave the ship or it may create problems upon return.
Disney: Future Booking - Be sure to book onboard for a future cruise. You can always transfer it to your agent and you get great credits only available on board.
Disney: Future Booking - Book an inside room in secret deck 7 aft verandah ie 7627 and 7629
Disney: Future Booking - Decide before you leave on a date and check the quotes for other sites and they may be lower or match.
Disney: Future Booking - If you book onboard for future cruise, do so early. It backs up toward the end of the cruise.
Disney: Kids - Allow kids to participate in kids program at the end of the cruise - they usually get free t-shirts.
Disney: Kids - Book Flounders Reef on your own rather than relying on concierge or someone else
Disney: Kids - Do-si-do with Snow White is at 6:45 p.m. in kids club; ask your server to bring dinner first so you get there in time
Disney: Kids - Take a t-shirt or pillowcases with sharpies in a ziploc bag to guest services with the kids' names, ages, and stateroom; you'll get it all signed at end
Disney: Laundry - Do laundry on port days or very early on sea days.
Disney: Laundry - Dryers will require two cycles. Plan quarters accordingly.
Disney: Laundry - The laundry on Deck 7 provides more time than on 6
Disney: Meals - Be early at Palo for better seating location
Disney: Meals - Bring your own water on board - as long as you can contain it in a closed the cooler or luggage
Disney: Meals - DCL is a Coke provider; bring your own if you're Pepsi drinker or other brands
Disney: Meals - Eat at least one lunch in Triton's/Lumiere's.
Disney: Meals - Fruit and cookies are available at Scoops throughout the day
Disney: Meals - Order the "All Hands on Deck" cheese platter at least once
Disney: Meals - Order the lemon meringue pie at the Palo brunch
Disney: Meals - Order the room service cake of the day
Disney: Meals - Order the water service ($29 for 24 bottles); you get all the water delivered on the first day
Disney: Meals - Room service has Mickey ice cream bars, though it isn't listed on the menu.
Disney: Meals - Rosa Regale wine goes well with the Palo souffle
Disney: Meals - Take a large mug on board and make one soda fill-up trip then keep it in your refrigerator throughout the day.
Disney: Meals - There is a window on Deck 4 where you can see from the outside into the AP galley
Disney: Meals - When bringing food back to the stateroom, use a kids tray rather than the full size - it's much lighter than all the plates
Disney: Meals - You can get nachos at Pluto's even though it's not on the menu
Disney: Misc. - Deck 4 chairs are comfortable and quiet
Disney: Misc. - Disney Dollars can be used at Guest Services toward your account but nowhere else on ship.
Disney: Misc. - Red anchors point toward the back/aft (red/aft have three letters); blue points toward the front.
Disney: Photo - Stack the daily photos you are considering together so you don't have to search for them.
Disney: Photo - You can wait till end of the cruise to buy the photo package. Special photos are not included in these packages.
Disney: Photo: The lifestyle portrait backgrounds are white, so plan clothing accordingly
Disney: Precruise - Buy a Passporter's guide for DCL
Disney: Precruise - Buy pirate supplies at Party City or other party supply stores
Disney: Precruise - Post on the Disboards Cruise Meets page for your trip and meet up with the others
Disney: Precruise - Visit www.***************** for useful info and other links
Disney: Precruise: Order a gift basket made by Shirley at The Perfect Gift (www.theperfectgift.cc)
Disney: Spa - Be sure to book your Castaway Cay cabana massage ASAP online or once on board.
Disney: Spa - Go for a Rainforest session - it's economical and well worth it
Disney: Stateroom - Be sure to get a wake-up call every day.
Disney: Stateroom - The blue hardbound book on your desk is the directory of services and has the room service menu
Disney: Stateroom - The portholes are 4' in diameter. Hang Christmas lights around the inside of the window.
Disney: Stateroom: Ask your cabin steward for mattress liners for the little ones

what a fantastic list you have put together!! For me, who likes to somewhat know what's going to happen, this is gold!!
Thank you!!!

Make sure you scroll to the bottom of your screen to see the tabs. Click on the tab to get to the different lists. (Make sure you also have Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 or the free viewer for it.) I added a "Scrapbookers" tab at the end from suggestions posted by DIS scrapbookers. Access via my site below (I added it this summer so it's not on the original list that we posted on the boards).

I am very excited to finally have found an Excel list!! Thank you so much for the extensive list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter