expedia - meals and tickets included offer

Thank-you all. Lisa I will send a PM for the telephone number. When I rang they told me they can't transfer calls and they had notes on my file that they had sent the emails to Roisin, I also included my phone numbers for her to ring me back. I have been doing this since October it's like bashing your head against a brick wall.
I have checked my dates and everything is full so this may be the reason they havnt contacted me. Lisa, did you end up paying more for the accommodation move? I don't mind if they need to move us but it will take 2 rooms so a lot more expensive, I need to be prepared if I receive :worship: a phone call from them. I think they would prefer me to cancel my booking as the cost of the food for 6 would be as much as the holiday itself.
I will let you know how I get on.

Thank-you all for your help and advice. :flower3:

shellyd

I can confirm as per a note added to your booking we have contacted the hotel who have confirmed that Free Disney Dining is included in your booking and this will be discussed upon check-in.

If you need any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us further. We are available 24 hours on 0871 226 0808 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute BT rate. Charges may vary from other networks) or from outside the UK on +44 203 0248211 (usual costs apply).

Thank you for using Expedia.co.uk

Well this is the reply I got!, I obviously need to take it further as it's not acceptable but I was wondering if those of you that have the number for the Irish office for Roisin would be kind enough to PM me with it, I'm presuming the number above is the standard number?

By the way I did put FAO of Roisin on the top of my email and got a reply from a Jessica??????

Thanks

I received a reply too.

Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk regarding your vouchers for the free meal. I have looked into this and can advise that Maria had contacted the hotel and they have advised that your vouchers will be issued upon check-in at the hotel. Thank you for using Expedia.co.uk Yours sincerely AntoinetteExpedia.co.uk

We will have to keep pluging away :confused3 So So tired.

Shellyd

Two different replies to the same problem, so they still haven't got their act together then. Shelly are you going to ring next? We should do this together - safety in numbers and all that:rotfl2: When are you going?

Hi MummyMinnie, I didn’t have a number for Belfast but just rang
020 7019 2000 and was put to an office in India. I must say this is the most helpful person I have had so far, his name is Raeburn.
He is going to see if he can do anything to help and if he can’t he will give me the number for Belfast. He said it maybe tomorrow when he rings back. I will keep you informed.

Shellyd

I have had a call from John in Belfast although not sorted yet he said he will ring Disney tomorrow and ask how much the vouchers would have cost, he then said this amount would be credited to my account and any difference could be claimed when I get back home.
I said I would still prefer to have the vouchers so he said he would check with the hotel tomorrow and see what could be done.
I am worried because as already mentioned the cost of the vouchers for 6 will be more than the cost holiday so I don’t think this will be honoured.
My holiday is for 5 nights and when Ralph booked it he split it as 2 nights and 3 nights because this was how the Free dining plan showed. I have screen shots of this. I really did think the free dinning plan was included as it didn’t show on the booking for 5 nights altogether. Do you think I could insist on the vouchers on the bases of this or would I be rocking the already sinking boat?

I know they can’t rebook the package like they have done for some of the others because DCR is full.
I shall just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.
I will keep you informed.

Shellyd

Shelly Expedia can refund you more than the amount you booked with them - thats what they did with me. Granted there were only 2 of us, and only for 2 nights, but I booked at a cost of £111, and I got £127 back from them.
I worked out that Expedia actually gave me more than the face value of the free dining, once they had checked with Disney (they gave me 140 euros back, I had worked out the face value of the vouchers was around 91 euros). So for me, it was definitely a better deal to get the refund from Expedia, rather than the vouchers. I didn't spend 140 euros on meals for those 2 days, even eating in the same restaurants I would have with the vouchers. (Santa Fe dinner, Cafe Mickey dinner, Blockbuster Cafe lunch and Restaurant des Stars lunch).

Thanks for the reply Elaine, I have just read your posts. It's so helpful when you get an idea of what Expedia have done for others. Thank-you everyone for keeping this thread updated it has been very helpful.
I done a quick sum on the very basic 10euro lunch and 20euro dinner and it could be nearly £280 more than the cost of the holiday (and I don't think you would get a drink included with those menus like you do when using a voucher.) Thats a lot of money expedia to lose.

We shall see tomorrow.

Thank-you

shellyd

Thats sounding positive for you Shelly, thanks for the number I'm going to call tomorrow as the children were on inset today and want to do it in peace:rotfl2: so will call once they're back at school in the morning.

Look forward to hearing what your result is and will let you know what happens with me too.

Surprise! Surprise! No call for me today :headache:
Looks like I am back to square one tomorrow unless I happen to hit the Belfast or Indian call centre.

Will keep you informed.
Shellyd

Sorry Shelly, i only managed to get online today, i've PM'd you the number.

I wouldn't take any of the crappy emails about we've looked into it and guarantee your getting the vouchers, they get trying to fob me off with this too.

It got down to the Friday and we were early Sunday morning before I got it all sorted and of course by then all the availability had gone for the full three days.

Nope didn't pay extra to be upgraded to the Cheyenne for the two nights, we also got 2 3 day hopper tickets, but didn't need them as we had annual passes. We did think about trying to sell them at the gate for reduced prices, but thought we'd probably get arrested, hahahaha!!!

They refunded me £80 for the Sunday, which was £30 for lunch and £50 for dinner, this was for two adults. They did this before I went, so it came through on the Monday which was handy. I held strong and told them we couldn't afford to pay upfront for meals and claim it back.

Just an update, I am sorted at last. I managed to speak to Roisin and she has credited my card with £15 for lunch vouchers and £25 for Dinner vouchers (per adult and half for children).

I am happy with this and can at last look forward to the holiday.
I would like to thank everyone for the help and support and also hope that MummyMinnie managed to sort her holiday aswell.

Thank-you :flower3::

Shellyd

Thats great news Shelly - as you say, now you can relax and the money will be available to you for your food before you go :goodvibes .

Really pleased you have got a good result Shelly, that's brilliant.

As for me I'm still playing the ringing / email game and have been assured several times that my emails have been passed onto Roisin and she is going to call me - the last email I had was 1/1/10! so I doubt it.

Please can somebody let me have the Dublin office number, everytime I call they say they can't put me through it's driving me insane.

We leave home a week on Thursday now so I'm getting a little nervous this won't be resolved by then.

Really pleased you have got a good result Shelly, that's brilliant.

As for me I'm still playing the ringing / email game and have been assured several times that my emails have been passed onto Roisin and she is going to call me - the last email I had was 1/1/10! so I doubt it.

Please can somebody let me have the Dublin office number, everytime I call they say they can't put me through it's driving me insane.

We leave home a week on Thursday now so I'm getting a little nervous this won't be resolved by then.

PM sent

:dance3::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::

This is me as at last, as of half an hour ago, we have finally got our result, it's taken many emails and phone calls but at last we have been given a refund in replacement for the meal vouchers, the amount of refund is almost double the cost of the hotel amount we originally paid so we're more than happy with that and we can also choose where to eat without voucher restrictions. Also been told to keep any receipts if the cost of our food goes above our refund :thumbsup2

Must be costing Expedia a tidy sum but they did make the mistake and eventually are sorting it out.

Are we all sorted on this saga now? think I maybe the last one?

That's great news. They really messed up big time didn't they?!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::

This is me as at last, as of half an hour ago, we have finally got our result, it's taken many emails and phone calls but at last we have been given a refund in replacement for the meal vouchers, the amount of refund is almost double the cost of the hotel amount we originally paid so we're more than happy with that and we can also choose where to eat without voucher restrictions. Also been told to keep any receipts if the cost of our food goes above our refund :thumbsup2

Must be costing Expedia a tidy sum but they did make the mistake and eventually are sorting it out.

Are we all sorted on this saga now? think I maybe the last one?

Glad to hear it's all sorted. :yay: You can look forward to it now. Hope you have a wonderful time.

shellyd

I have a tale to tell about my experience with Expedia and Disney this week (all good, nothing to worry about) - but thought I'd read through the recent posts here, see how folk were getting on. Yey Disneyfoo and Princesskins - thank goodness you've got something sorted out :cool1:.

Despite Expedia being told by Disney last week that there was just no way I could have the meals vouchers added to a room-only booking - ahem Disney can definitely do this. It happened to me, at Disney's decision, when I arrived at the hotel.

Long story shorter -
After pushing and pushing for a resolution, I got 140 euros refunded by Expedia to my visa debit, just before I left for DLP on Sunday. This was about 50 euros more than the face value of the vouchers we should have had included in the free Disney Dining Plan, so I was more than happy with this.

We checked in at the Santa Fe on Monday evening (stayed offsite on Sunday night), and by that time, Disney had printed me our full quota of Disney Dining Plan vouchers, and also apologised profusely for the problems between Disney and Expedia on this issue. We got VIP breakfast, plushes in our room, kettle and coffee basket, and DD got her choice of a pin from the hotel gift shop. I was truly gobsmacked.

This morning, on my return to work, I got a call from David at Expedia head office in Ireland. He was phoning as I'd sent a letter to the CEO at DLP, which had been forwarded to him. The letter I sent detailed my issue, and my wider concern that Expedia had taken all these bookings, but were not contacting customers, now that they were aware that the free Disney Dining should only have been offered on ticket inclusive packages. David stated that Expedia and Disney were negotiating the whole issue, and hoped that once some kind of middle ground could be reached, that Expedia would be proactively contacting customers to make them aware of the situation, and offer some recompense. It didn't sound like Expedia were at the stage of doing this yet, but I did appreciate the phone call.

can you give me the name and address off who you wrote to ?

I have an issue myself as sata-fe point blank refused to hounor the dinning plan despite showing them a print out of expdias email reply confirming all my meals were included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter