expedia - meals and tickets included offer

That is an amazing result!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
At last it seems Expedia may be finally admitting they are at fault and hopefully all the poor souls who are not on these boards may at least get their vouchers when they arrive at resort. Lets hope everybody gets a good result

Elaine now that's a result! Who did you email at Disney, because I think the more complaints they receive about this the more likely they are to do something about it and stop people who don't visit this forum turning up and not having vouchers. Hope you had a great time!

We had a fantastic time - the parks were the quietest I have ever seen them, the rain mostly stayed away, and everything was so pretty :love:.

I didn't email anyone at Disney, I posted a letter to the CEO - I think I have the address in a PM on another forum, which I can't get hold of until I get home later.
I also handed in a copy of the same letter to City Hall on Monday morning after we'd had breakfast at Salon Mickey :).

We had a fantastic time - the parks were the quietest I have ever seen them, the rain mostly stayed away, and everything was so pretty :love:.

I didn't email anyone at Disney, I posted a letter to the CEO - I think I have the address in a PM on another forum, which I can't get hold of until I get home later.
I also handed in a copy of the same letter to City Hall on Monday morning after we'd had breakfast at Salon Mickey :).

I see. Presumably they'd already acted on your letter as you got those things in your room.....and Disney is not exactly known for its fast response to these things either! Obviously going straight to the top worked.

I don't think Disney had done anything by Monday morning - as we did check in at the Santa Fe at around 8am, to get our hotel Easypass to be able to use EMH. Thats all we got then, no vouchers etc.

When we returned to the hotel in the evening, thats when we got the news about the vouchers, and all the other special touches (we had to hand in our original easypass and get another one with the VIP status on it).

I don't think Disney had done anything by Monday morning - as we did check in at the Santa Fe at around 8am, to get our hotel Easypass to be able to use EMH. Thats all we got then, no vouchers etc.

When we returned to the hotel in the evening, thats when we got the news about the vouchers, and all the other special touches (we had to hand in our original easypass and get another one with the VIP status on it).

Oh OK, it was City Hall that actually did something then. So much for the super-charged CEO response, LOL!

:goodvibes yep, I think it was someone at City Hall who arranged those lovely surprises for us.
It was a bit embarrassing to be honest - all I wanted was for Disney to be aware that their hotel receptionists could be the ones having the problems when folk arrived to check in, expecting meal vouches they weren't going to get. Every morning we showed our easypass to the lady in the restaurant for breakfast, she kept saying "ooooooh VIP - anything you want, anything we can do to help, just you come and ask me, ask anyone" :).

I am so concerned about this, we go on Sunday.

My hubby has just rung the hotel who has no knowledge of our booking whatsoever, so put my hubby through to Central Reservations who are saying that all it says is room only, no vouchers.

I've just spoken to someone at Expedia who is still giving me the same answer, yes its included, it wont show on the central reservation but it will be with the hotel.

I just know that when we check in on Sunday there wont be any vouchers, we just can't afford to go if we have to pay for food as well :(

Going to write a snotty letter now am so annoyed and pee'd off with it all.

I know exactly how you feel Lisa - its like deja vu :confused3!!
You have a name of a CM at Disney though, don't you, who has agreed your meals vouchers? If I were you, I'd try to get hold of that person on the phone, today. If that person is telling you you don't have the meal vouchers, get on the phone to Expedia, and try to get hold of Roisin or David at the Belfast office. They know about this issue, and they are the ones who are more likely to be able to resolve it for you before you go. Don't take no for an answer from Expedia - I had to ring them almost every single day for 10 days before I went, just to get any kind of resolution from them. Every time I phoned them, I made a log of what was discussed, who I spoke to, and what time the call took place.

If it helps, I can pm you my Expedia booking itinerary number - my file with them should still be full of notes etc about what was done in my case.

Yes I'll be happy to send you my itinerary number too Lisa, it worked with DisneyFoo. I'd say get back on the phone to Expedia and demand to be put through to Roisin in the Belfast office.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Expedia are telling me that it is included but that the reservations system at Disney will only show the room only details, no vouchers, but Expedia are reassuring me that the vouchers will be there when we check in, YEAH RIGHT!!

I've just sent a snotty email to Expedia, telling that a written email from them is not enough. Will see what I get back.

I'll let you know if I need your reservation details, thanks again :)

I put FAO Roisin in the title of my email and it worked because eventually it was her who contacted me rather than the other way round. But not sure you've got enough time for that to work.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Expedia are telling me that it is included but that the reservations system at Disney will only show the room only details, no vouchers, but Expedia are reassuring me that the vouchers will be there when we check in, YEAH RIGHT!!

I've just sent a snotty email to Expedia, telling that a written email from them is not enough. Will see what I get back.

I'll let you know if I need your reservation details, thanks again :)

Hi Lisa1976, Hope you had a good time, just wondering if you had any problems with the vouchers.

Shelly

Hi Shelly

We had a fab time, although very VERY cold. It was a good job I did email again and hassle them as the hotel still had no knowledge of us and if we had just turned up on the information I was orignally give (hand over the emails from Expedia) then we would have had nothing.

I got a call from Gerrard at the Dublin Expedia Office on the Friday (we went on the sunday) and he dealt with it all, he said he should have been passed the details a long time ago.

Because of the short notice he couldn't get us into a hotel which included the dining plan for the full three nights, so we had one night at Santa Fe (Sun) and two nights at Cheyenne (Mon & Tues)

For the one night at Santa Fe, Expedia credited my account by £80 (£30 for lunch and £50 for dinner) that was for two adults and then when we moved to Cheyenne we had the dining vouchers waiting for us, so all in all we didn't miss out, we did have to pay for lunch on the Monday as the vouchers are for dinner on the day you check in to lunch on the day you check out, but that was only around 20 euros so nothing to get excited about.

It took a lot to get there and wish I had gone to the Dublin office in the first place. I am very loathed to ever book with Expedia again due to this, but you never know.

I hope that helps.

Lisa

Hi Lisa1976, Hope you had a good time, just wondering if you had any problems with the vouchers.

Shelly

I'd been hoping you'd managed to get it sorted before you went, so pleased to hear you did, and had a great time :goodvibes.

Hi Lisa, thank-you for the reply, glad to hear you had a good time and got sorted in the end.
I go in Feb and lost count of the number of emails I've sent. I rang yesterday only to be told my emails had been sent to Rosin, but Becky didn't sound very convincing . I later checked my emails to find they had just sent me another copy of my booking. I will ring again on Monday.
I am worried as we are in DCR at half term so accommodation for 6 will be limited, also if given the option I would rather have the vouchers than to pay for food and have to claim it back as we would not have the funds to do this.
I am not sure but I think I may be the last one with the expedia saga so I will keep you informed of how I get on.

Thanks again

Shellyd

Shelly, make sure your contact details are correct on your Expedia account, because Roisin tried to call me and my number was about 8 yrs out of date! If she hasn't called you first, when you call insist on speaking to her and they should put you through because it will be on your file that the docs were sent to her. Even say you had a message to call her. That worked for me. Once she was involved, it took about 10 minutes to sort out.

Shelly I have the Ireland office number if you would like it, drop me a PM and i'll send it over.

Well we are going the end of this month, have confirmation in our notes that the free dining is including but now realise this won't be enough to get our vouchers so am going to start with the same process as you all have to get them. I've just sat and read through all this thread again and think I will try and get my email through to Roisin as she seems to be the one in the know.

I'm dreading it!

Wish me luck:hug:

Good luck MummyMinnie - and keep perservering with them ;), you'll get there in the end.

I had the same MummyMinnie and DLP wouldn't have accept this, so do keep on at Expedia. Ask to be put through to the Ireland office and ask for Gerrard, Roisin or Katrina, these are the people who helped us and we got the result in the end.

Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter