Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

I guess we'll be in corral Z since our bibs are over 5,000 I don't understand why we're so far back. I'm usually around corral D when I run the half and marathon. My son ran another 5k at Disney so he should have a good time registered too. Anyone know how late the party goes till?

Gosh - 500 per corral would put my daughter and I in corral G :worried: - our bib numbers are in the 3700's. But I guess if there are 5000 runners we aren't in the very last corral which is always my worry - I need to buy as much time as I can - but I'm sure she was hoping for something closer. My husband - who registered as an individual - got a number in the 100's I think. Not sure how that happened - I was thinking maybe all the individuals got lower numbers and get to go first? (Although, he is a bit faster than we plan to be.)

We're super excited - my daughter and I are wrapping up the costume prep!

Glad to see you are in the 3000s. We are too! I was beginning to wonder what was going on with the numbers since several people on this thread noted they had double or triple digits. Looking forward to a fun time!!!!

For pictures, do you use your cell phone or does anyone run carrying a small point and shoot?

Thank you

For pictures, do you use your cell phone or does anyone run carrying a small point and shoot?

Thank you

I think most of the latest cellphone cameras are more than adequate for the races.

The iPhone 6+ takes pretty good pictures, this isn't even full resolution due to the file size restrictions on this forum:

carlsland.jpg

I know that there is not an actual "expo", but will there be a venue of some sort to buy race-related merchandise? Specifically, I would love to get some sort of "I did it!" shirts.

While I am super-excited to be doing this race, I feel a little "left out" because we will not be dressing up in any sort of costumes:sad1:. I love looking at everyone else's creations and I am so jealous of their creativity. My family is just not that into dressing up...even Halloween is boring at our house:rolleyes1. The only other RD event I did was the W&D and that was about 50/50 in regards to those in costume and those in plain running clothes. Since this is a totally different kind of race, I am worried that there will be a lot more people IN costumes than in regular running apparel. We are all wearing our standard running garb, bought from Target:snooty:...probably on sale...and with a coupon:rotfl2: so I guess we will stand out in our own special way:goodvibes.

Only 4 more days and we will be checking in to AKV to tackle our first race as a family.....WE ARE YETI!!:earsboy:

I know that there is not an actual "expo", but will there be a venue of some sort to buy race-related merchandise? Specifically, I would love to get some sort of "I did it!" shirts.

While I am super-excited to be doing this race, I feel a little "left out" because we will not be dressing up in any sort of costumes:sad1:. I love looking at everyone else's creations and I am so jealous of their creativity. My family is just not that into dressing up...even Halloween is boring at our house:rolleyes1. The only other RD event I did was the W&D and that was about 50/50 in regards to those in costume and those in plain running clothes. Since this is a totally different kind of race, I am worried that there will be a lot more people IN costumes than in regular running apparel. We are all wearing our standard running garb, bought from Target:snooty:...probably on sale...and with a coupon:rotfl2: so I guess we will stand out in our own special way:goodvibes.

Only 4 more days and we will be checking in to AKV to tackle our first race as a family.....WE ARE YETI!!:earsboy:
This year is so different, because of packet pick up being at the parking lot, but I'm sure they'll have runDisney garb there. I can't imagine them not wanting to make more $$ off of us.

Last year, probably about 40-50% of ppl were in costumes, so you'll fit right in. I never wear costumes, because I'm not comfortable with all that extra on me when I run.

I'm so excited for the EEC! We leave Thursday morning. DH and I are registered as a team and our bibs are in the 1800s. We are Disney Bounding our race attire as Dory and Nemo! Yeti to get this magical weekend underway!

Hi Everyone!

The weather forecast for this weekend looks much better than last year's, thank goodness! My teeth were chattering after I rode Kali River Rapids at midnight last year.

Has anyone gotten any info on the race course this year? I found the map pasted below at WDWInfo, but I'm not sure if it is accurate. It definitely isn't the course we ran last year, as it shows the end of the scavenger hunt near Kali River Rapids. The end of the scavenger hunt last year was in the parking lot.

upload_2015-4-27_9-2-8.png

I'm hoping this IS the race course, because that would let us ride Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest right after finishing the race. That would be a great cooldown! Does anyone else have any info about the race course?

Hi Everyone!

The weather forecast for this weekend looks much better than last year's, thank goodness! My teeth were chattering after I rode Kali River Rapids at midnight last year.

Has anyone gotten any info on the race course this year? I found the map pasted below at WDWInfo, but I'm not sure if it is accurate. It definitely isn't the course we ran last year, as it shows the end of the scavenger hunt near Kali River Rapids. The end of the scavenger hunt last year was in the parking lot.

I'm hoping this IS the race course, because that would let us ride Kali River Rapids and Expedition Everest right after finishing the race. That would be a great cooldown! Does anyone else have any info about the race course?

That is the old course from a few years ago. While it was great for the exact reasons you mention - i.e. being able to ride Kali River Rapids basically as soon as you're done, which was a great cooldown! - it was an absolute packed mess in the finish line area and trying navigate around. 2-3 years ago they changed the finish to the parking lot near the start of the race. The Final Race Instructions posted on the site state "The scavenger hunt course will close at 1:00 a.m. at which point all teams still participating in the Scavenger Hunt must proceed to the Finish Line in the Butterfly Lot." This exactly matches what was stated in last year's instructions, so it will be the same as last year.

I usually dress up for all our runD events. I love dressing up for the runs, but 2 of the 3 kids did not want to go full costumes with the obstacles. :( Those 2 are putting sparkly Mickey's on their shirts (iron on fabric with Heat 'n bond... super easy) My son and I are going to do decorated shirts too, just not sure exactly what, yet :headache:... thinking Yeti themed.

My son and I are going to do decorated shirts too, just not sure exactly what, yet :headache:... thinking Yeti themed.
Depending on your heights, you could always be a Yeti themed outfit to be "chasing" them through the course for both the run and any pictures. That was to be our backup costume if the rest of the family hadn't wanted to do a costume theme -- my wife would have been either Mickey or Minney and I'd wear white with some light face paint and either a white hat or some temporary white hair spray to chase her around and pose as such for pictures.

Now i'm curious on what they will have for sale in the parking lot, since there is no expo this year. Don't get me wrong i'm excited to be doing this race as this is my third year doing it. Just disappointed with the lack of hype about it .

Last year was a "Bazaar" rather than an expo, and from what I gathered from others who had run the race in the years before, even that was more than what they'd had previously. So even though there was a lack of attention until recently, the smaller "non-expo" isn't necessarily much of a difference from what they'd done before; it's just relocated to the AK parking lot instead of a small segment of WWOS.

We leave Thursday night and can't wait! My friend is turning 40 and since this was her first race ever, it seemed fitting to do the last one. The year we ran it poured so we rode Everest and left. Was Kali open on previous years?

I have done the W&D for the past 3 years and have only stayed at the after party 1x. Looking forward to experiencing it.

Our costume is an aqua top "Every fairy tale needs a princess" and a black tutu. Not very AK, we have no desire to run the Princess Half in a tutu, but wanted to wear something fun for this run. If you see us say hi! We are in the low 2000's.

2656 and 2657 for bib numbers, I think we are doing this for a fun run since it's the last year and going to do the photo ops when they have characters. Can't wait to get there Friday!!

Depending on your heights, you could always be a Yeti themed outfit to be "chasing" them through the course for both the run and any pictures. That was to be our backup costume if the rest of the family hadn't wanted to do a costume theme -- my wife would have been either Mickey or Minney and I'd wear white with some light face paint and either a white hat or some temporary white hair spray to chase her around and pose as such for pictures.
Cute idea... we are the shorter 2 of the 4, we wouldn't make very scary yeti's! lol I think we agreed to do a mickey head or a running yeti on our tops.
We are very excited to get this party started. DS (12 year old) and I are low 1600's and the 2 DD's (19 and 13) are low 2000's. If we aren't in the same corral, DS and I will pull back to start together... DS and I have gray shirts w/ neon green accents and the DS's are in pink...please say hi if you happen to see us. Safe travels everyone... see you in a few days! :-)

We leave after school today. We are running as a family (2 teams), my dd and I are in the 1900s and hubby and ds are 2100s. We are called Still Running (our last name is Still). Hopefully dd will be okay, she has been on crutches for 2 weeks (runners knee). She is very active, plays field hockey (club ball so she plays all year) and was in a running club at school called Girl on the Run which helped her train for a 5k. She didn't compete in that 5k as she wanted to save herself for her first runDisney race. This will be my 3rd, I did a trail run a few years ago and then the Princess Half. Looking forward to mixing it up with the obstacles!!! Oh yeah, dd and I are wearing our Cheshire outfits, I got shirts from Raw Threads and SparkleSkirts, the boys did not want to dress up. My ds is wearing his typical 5k Batman shirt (he runs CC and Track).

I'll try to keep an eye out! Our plan is to be four hungry, hungry hippos with two people being the "marbles" in the white EEC event shirt (cost savings, yeah!). Costumes aren't complete, but I'm hoping it will be fairly easy since we're not going for anything too fancy -- colored running clothing for each hippo with visors decorated to match with eyes and ears (hopefully).

I'll try to keep an eye out! Our plan is to be four hungry, hungry hippos with two people being the "marbles" in the white EEC event shirt (cost savings, yeah!). Costumes aren't complete, but I'm hoping it will be fairly easy since we're not going for anything too fancy -- colored running clothing for each hippo with visors decorated to match with eyes and ears (hopefully).
Very cute idea! Hope we get to see you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter