Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

Obstacle location for the last one looks like is placed different this year . I remember the cargo net being next to the finish line last year .

Thanks for posting the map! We I ran we ran out to the animal areas by Rafiki not behind Everest.

I emailed Raw Threads today. They will not be at the expo I love their stuff! But their showroom in Celebration will be open on Saturday.

Hi! For anyone who has been to the packet pickup.....I left my waiver at home, is there a place to print at packet pickup like other races? Wasn't sure since it is in a parking lot!
Thanks!!

Hi! For anyone who has been to the packet pickup.....I left my waiver at home, is there a place to print at packet pickup like other races? Wasn't sure since it is in a parking lot!
Thanks!!

I have looked and looked through this thread, I could have sworn someone posted a link with some of the questions from last year... But trying to relocate it has been unsuccessful!
Could someone please repost it for this technically, and apparently visual challenges runner!
Thanks!!

Hope everyone participating this weekend has fun! This event looks really cool, and I wish it wasn't ending because I would love to do it someday. So based on that map that was posted, how does the whole thing work? Do you do the 5K first, and then get the first clue for the scavenger hunt at the end and then do that part? Or do you do the scavenger hunt while running the 5K?

Yes you can print waivers. The expo was 2 tents and rundisney has a shirt. Not very exciting. But the area to take photos is really cool!!!

Hope everyone participating this weekend has fun! This event looks really cool, and I wish it wasn't ending because I would love to do it someday. So based on that map that was posted, how does the whole thing work? Do you do the 5K first, and then get the first clue for the scavenger hunt at the end and then do that part? Or do you do the scavenger hunt while running the 5K?

You run the 5k first with the 3 obstacles. At the end of the 5k you are handed your 1st of I think 5 clues. Then you run from clue spot to clue spot. Then you Finish and get your medal. I thought it was a little tricky last year on the clues to solve, but was a blast. I'm so glad I got to do it before it ends as the this is the final run of it sadly.

Did anyone else have trouble with the sample clue or am I just having at dumb moment? And yes I know the answer is posted at the bottom of the clue. Maybe I'm just too tired....
(Sorry, tried to upload the photo but it's not working)

The finish line is in the parking lot, right? So if I have my car there I can grab my after run stuff from the car rather than doing bag check? I typically check a bag, but was looking at the course picture and now I'm Thinking it would be easier leaving everyone's stuff in the car rather than trying to pack it in the bag. Can anyone share their thoughts that have done this race previously?
Thanks!!!

The finish line is in the parking lot, right? So if I have my car there I can grab my after run stuff from the car rather than doing bag check? I typically check a bag, but was looking at the course picture and now I'm Thinking it would be easier leaving everyone's stuff in the car rather than trying to pack it in the bag. Can anyone share their thoughts that have done this race previously?
Thanks!!!
You finish in a closer parking lot to the park entrance then the one you'll park in, but you could go back to your car easily to get your stuff then go into Animal Kingdom for the after party. I didn't check a bag or need anything for after last year so not sure how quick bag check was. The ride lines did get long last year (well not Kali) as more and more people finish, so going back to the car could eat into more ride time than just getting from bag check, just a thought.

You finish in a closer parking lot to the park entrance then the one you'll park in, but you could go back to your car easily to get your stuff then go into Animal Kingdom for the after party. I didn't check a bag or need anything for after last year so not sure how quick bag check was. The ride lines did get long last year (well not Kali) as more and more people finish, so going back to the car could eat into more ride time than just getting from bag check, just a thought.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. We will probably stick with bag check. I have never had an issue with it before! Hope to see everyone tonight!

Anybody know if DH will be able to drive our rental car over to the after party if he wants to arrive at 11pm? Not sure if the whole AK parking lot will be closed or just part of it.

We had such a great time! Sad they won't have this race anymore. I know they kept saying FINAL but I am secretly still hoping they bring it back once the construction is all done, someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter