Experience with checking in after midnight at Disney Resorts?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had any issues with a real late check in (say 1-2am). For instance lack of rooms and / or upgrades etc. Never arrived so late before.

Honestly, only happened to us once. We notified the resort of the crazy schedule. It was eerily quiet and we went straight to he room and sleep. No issues and as far as upgrades, that’s just luck. We’ve actually been quite lucky in that regard, but Not for that one super late check in.
Enjoy ur stay!

The room will have been sitting there for you, really. We were actually upgraded to a royal room at POR (when they were new) for that stay. But it was a decision that had already made.

The only issue was that there was just one bell services guy and we had to wait for him since we had many bags. And then he talked REALLY loud as we walked with him to our room, and I felt bad for all the people trying to sleep.

Has anyone had any issues with a real late check in (say 1-2am). For instance lack of rooms and / or upgrades etc. Never arrived so late before.

We regularly check-in after midnight taking an evening flight from San Diego to Orlando. This last trip April 2019 we had our room ready text by 0900 local time (1200 in Florida). We didn't arrive until 13 hours later, went straight to the room with zero issues.

Our previous trip in December 2017, we never received the text and had to stop at the resort check-in counter. It was almost 3am and it was a ghost town. Check-in was simple.

We've never asked for an upgrade when we arrive late, and our last few redeye arrivals were at Pop Century.

we had arrived at POR after 1am and We weren’t alone on the ME. I did online check in so I receivedour room number even before we arrived at the resort. once we were dropped off we just found our way to the room. Our MB worked to open the door so we were good to go.

My only issues have been a not so great room location, and bell services not wanting to deliver my grocery order.

One disadvantage to the late night check in is that none of the food locations are open, except at the Grand Floridian.

If you've booked a room, you will get a room as they will have reserved it for you, so I wouldn't worry about a lack of rooms. I arrived at 1 am at POR one night with a RR reservation and had no issues getting my room.

We recently arrived after midnight due to a very delayed flight and then waiting a very long time (over an hour) for our bags at MCO. We were staying at BC. I never received a room ready text, only one that our room wasn’t ready yet so had to go to check in.

There was literally no one else in the lobby area, and check in was a breeze. No line to speak of, lol. We received a small upgrade from standard to garden view.

We arrived at 1 AM last year. We did on-line checkin and actually got our room assignment before we got on the plane. I was not happy with our room as it was basically opposite what I requested, so DH called and they were able to get us exactly what we wanted. When we arrived, we headed straight to the room and it was great!

We arrived at WL in Feb about 2:30 am. Flight was originally due in at 11:30 pm but we didn't land until after 1 am. It was kind of neat to be in the lobby with absolutely no one other than the front desk clerk there. We got some nice unimpeded pictures of the lobby. Check in took just a couple of minutes. No problem with getting our room. Our next three trips we're due to arrive at MCO at 11:30 pm so we'll see what it's like there (three different resorts). I don't expect any issues with getting the room we've booked but I'm interested to see what the lobbies will be like and if we can get similarly good photos.

When flying in late enough that I’ll get to resorts late, I bring food/eat at the originating or connecting airport/eat food purchased on the plane (doesn’t work for southwest though)/see if there’s anything open at MCO ahead of time, and make plans accordingly.

This has not happened to us - YET :). But would LOVE to know who is open at the GF, really late? It's a cheap cab ride from the WL :).

Gasparilla.

Last month we didn’t land until after 3:00AM. We were the only ones on ME. When we arrived at CBR they had us wait for Bell Services to take us to our rooms as we had our luggage and a grocery order plus an ECV waiting for us at Bell Services. Since there was only one person on duty we ended up not getting into our rooms until 6:00 AM. We ended up with one room on the first floor and one on the second.

The only time I ever had a problem was one time when something was wrong with the SSR computers. I got sent to two rooms that had not been cleaned before I finally got to one where I could go to sleep. But that could have happened at any hour.

They may give your room assignment away even if you tell them that you're coming late. Happened to us on a 10pm arrival. We got the room we requested about 5pm, told them we were checking in late, but did not specify to them to hold that exact room. They gave it way about 7pm and assigned us a different one. We called when we got there as I didn't see the update while driving. They did offer to move us the next day, but we travel heavy and didn't want to move after unpacking. So if you get a room assignment you like before you get there via MDE call the front desk and make sure they know if you want to keep it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter