Extra Magic Hours removed at AK?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
I just got a note from Touringplans that the Extra Magic Hours on Nov 28th was removed at Animal Kingdom. I checked the Disney site and sure enough it got removed.

Is this normal that they make these changes like this? I had planed our park days based off this. All our dining plans/FPs are already completed.

I'm a bit aggravated by this.

Normally, nope. But they also just changed AK from 60 min to 45 min for EMH, and changed the operating hours for some attractions to be shorter. (Some of these may have not yet come into affect) Sounds like they are cutting back at AK to help make budget.

I just got a note from Touringplans that the Extra Magic Hours on Nov 28th was removed at Animal Kingdom. I checked the Disney site and sure enough it got removed.

Is this normal that they make these changes like this? I had planed our park days based off this. All our dining plans/FPs are already completed.

Normal to remove EMHs once on the calendar? Not really. Possible? Yes, it can happen (as you are experiencing). Looks like they moved it to Monday 11/26 (Saturday and Monday are the 'normal' AK EMH days of the week) vs that Wednesday.

I'm sorry it's disrupting your schedule - definitely frustrating.

I also got this notification, but they also added EMH on the 26th. So it looks like they just moved it from Wednesday to Monday. Not sure why, but I was just expressing the same frustration to my wife. It's not like people can just change their plans last minute. At this point, you're basically stuck with the plans you have. Very frustrating for a type A planner like myself :-)

Normally, nope. But they also just changed AK from 60 min to 45 min for EMH, and changed the operating hours for some attractions to be shorter. (Some of these may have not yet come into affect) Sounds like they are cutting back at AK to help make budget.
I agree. I suspect it may have something to do with not taking away Raifiki's Planet watch permanently like they were going to do. Because not only did they change EMH they also changed the ride times at three of the rides. KRR, KS and Dino. Just a theory so take it for what it is worth.

Are you serious?!

I had specifically made plans (and ADRs) based on the EMH. I am NOT happy.

Is there a specific number I need to call about this?

Seriously... they make us plan our ADRs and fastpasses months in advance and then have the nerve to make a change like that well after our ADR/ fastpass dates?

I can’t just rearrange my ADR. There is nothing left to change it to.

Seriously... they make us plan our ADRs and fastpasses months in advance and then have the nerve to make a change like that well after our ADR/ fastpass dates?

I would say to write an email to Guest Services. I know that seems like a cop-out but last year I made plans based on the Express Bus transport and then they cancelled it. I emailed about it and they ended up giving me extra FPs every day I was there.

And at Universal they changed hours, after I complained via email they gave us complimentary unlimited express passes.

I would say to write an email to Guest Services. I know that seems like a cop-out but last year I made plans based on the Express Bus transport and then they cancelled it. I emailed about it and they ended up giving me extra FPs every day I was there.

And at Universal they changed hours, after I complained via email they gave us complimentary unlimited express passes.

Thanks.

Speaking of changes... are my eyes deceiving me that they added a DAH event on Monday 11/26 at MK?!!

What’s the email for guest services?

I got an email that they changed HS morning EMH for 11/5 (removed) and added night EMH for 11/4. I thought of all the people who had planned their day based on the EMH, and this is pretty last minute. Luckily I had not planned that for my HS day.

Last edited:

I started saying this from the beginning of fp+
You get screwed on "water park days" too if it rains and you have to rearrange.
The old fp system was so much better for this stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter