• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust - That's What Solo Trips Are Made Of - Update 7/21 P17

Crying and texting on the elliptical, if I fall off I'll tell you.,.,after you get back. While the folks at the y look at me like I'm nuts I want to thank you. For a much needed message of hope and moving on, forward, no matter what. You'll never know how much I needed that. thank you. Thank you, thank you.

Have a blessed trip, full of magic, pixie dust, tears, laughter and sleep.

And a side of Jack.

Crying and texting on the elliptical, if I fall off I'll tell you.,.,after you get back. While the folks at the y look at me like I'm nuts I want to thank you. For a much needed message of hope and moving on, forward, no matter what. You'll never know how much I needed that. thank you. Thank you, thank you.

Have a blessed trip, full of magic, pixie dust, tears, laughter and sleep.

And a side of Jack.

Cynthia has said it all perfectly in response to your perfect post!

I am so lucky to know you, TK! :goodvibes

Have an absolutely magical trip!

Found you!!

Hope you are having a great time & can't wait to read all about it when you get back. :goodvibes

Look who's showing up late to the party...

Since I TOTALLY enabled this trip in a way which should not be legal, I'm going back now to read.

Also, for what it's worth (and my opinion is worth at least one Dole Whip float, maybe two), I vote trip report. I figure it will inspire me to PTR and TR my Feb. trip and by the time I leave for said trip it'll probably be, what, the afternoon of day 2 the way we right TR's? ;)

And as a wise friend recently pointed out to me, I'll never know unless I try. :goodvibes

Wait a tic.

Was that me?

Because if so, I'd like to point out a GLARING ommission. Let me rephrase:

And as a wise friend with more shoes than she knows what to do with recently pointed out to me, I'll never know unless I try.

If that wasn't me...

This isn't the DISpost you're looking for. :yoda:

I. Am. So. MAD.

I spent my lunch reading and quoting and when I went to preview my post...it only held onto the first and last quote missing EVERYTHING in between.

And I was witty.

At least twice.

I'm too mad to repeat at the moment.

Maybe later.

:badpc:

Tink, you showed!

Fashionably late. ;)

Thanks to everyone who commented!

I went on my solo trip and I had an AMAZING time. It was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. I learned some things about myself, and what I love about the World, and well...I just really can't describe it all in one post.

So I'm thinking eventually, there will have to be a trip report. :thumbsup2

I just noticed your PTR in your signature on Camille's thread... subbing and I'll be back later to catch up. :goodvibes

DOH!

I guess this report has ended... I knew you went solo, but I didn't know this PTR was for that trip. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DOH!

I guess this report has ended... I knew you went solo, but I didn't know this PTR was for that trip. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Aw!

Sadly, this did come to a close. :lmao:

It is possible I will trip report. I will be sure to tell you if I do! :thumbsup2

You should definitely do a trip report!! You seem like such a kind and interesting person. I really enjoyed reading your pre-trip story. I'm about to plan my own :) I would really like to experience Disney alone... my dad passed away in September and I was blessed to have grown up right next to Disneyland. It was our stomping grounds for a long time and even the Florida parks remind me of him. It would be nice to get away and experience some time alone with the memories and of course, the magic. <3

You should definitely do a trip report!! You seem like such a kind and interesting person. I really enjoyed reading your pre-trip story. I'm about to plan my own :) I would really like to experience Disney alone... my dad passed away in September and I was blessed to have grown up right next to Disneyland. It was our stomping grounds for a long time and even the Florida parks remind me of him. It would be nice to get away and experience some time alone with the memories and of course, the magic. <3

Thank you so much! Thank you for reading and for your kind words. Let me know when you start your pre-trip, I'd love to read it. :goodvibes

And I am sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to take comfort in all your happy Disney memories. :hug:

Thank you so much! Thank you for reading and for your kind words. Let me know when you start your pre-trip, I'd love to read it. :goodvibes

And I am sorry for your loss. I hope you will be able to take comfort in all your happy Disney memories. :hug:

:hug: Thank you!! <3 I appreciate it. :)

I plan on getting a Disney annual pass and having several solo days and moments taking in the magic, wonder, and peace.

It looks like it won't be just me at Disneyworld after all... I was on the phone last night with my best girl friend from home and she hasn't been to DW since she was 14! We're thinking of a girls trip for either the end of summer, end of the year, or next January (SO far away!!) We both really need this escape. I am absolutely thrilled!

:hug: Thank you!! <3 I appreciate it. :)

I plan on getting a Disney annual pass and having several solo days and moments taking in the magic, wonder, and peace.

It looks like it won't be just me at Disneyworld after all... I was on the phone last night with my best girl friend from home and she hasn't been to DW since she was 14! We're thinking of a girls trip for either the end of summer, end of the year, or next January (SO far away!!) We both really need this escape. I am absolutely thrilled!

That sounds lovely! :goodvibes

Well, except the far away part. :lmao:

So.....

Who wants to turn this little shindig into a full fledged trip report?

I've spent several weeks (whenever I had time) getting all my photos uploaded, edited, and resized.

Photobucket.

We have a love / hate relationship. :lmao:

Anyhoo, I've got pictures, I've got trip notes, and if I've got readers, I'm a-willing to give it ago.

Who's up for some faith, trust, and pixie dust? pixiedust:

A little introduction - For those of you who don't know me or didn't read this pre trip report, Hi! :wave2: I'm TarzansKat, or TK, or Kat to my DIS friends. I love Captain Jack Sparrow, have been a Disney fan since before I was born (ask my dad, my first trip was in utero), and was dying to taking a solo trip to the World. I've got an amazing husband, two lovely sons, and an awesome family. My mother passed about three years ago and it was very unexpected. After that, I decided to become a stay at home mom, and have pretty much devoted myself to hearth, home, and family. Natural for me to do so, and it's where I'm happiest.

But we all need a little break every now and then. And where better to take a break than Walt Disney World?

And so it begins...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had an early flight.

Really early.

What I like to refer to as "stupid early." Pardon the expression. It's not a nice one, but it pretty much describes the fact that as I showered, gathered up my last minute items, and left my house, it was still dark out.

Dark. And the moon was showing! Just a little sliver. And it was cold, oh so cold.

But I didn't care. Know why? Know why? :hyper:

Because I was going to Disney World! For four blissful days! ALONE!!!!! :thumbsup2

I was beyond excited. I decided to ride in the car with no music in, have a peaceful start to my journey.

I arrived at Nana's house in a timely fashion, and she had a cup of hot tea waiting for me. It was a lovely way to start my morning. I was so excited to get to the airport on time, that I must have had just a few sips before we left, but I appreciated the gesture so much.

Nana brought me to the airport and we said our farewells. My mother and Nana used to go to Disney World together all the time. Since my mother passed, Nana had gone a few times by herself, and she knew that even though I was excited, this trip would be hard. I don't remember exactly what she said to me, but it was just the right thing. I love yous and goodbyes exchanged, I headed inside to check in.

It was smooth sailing from there on.

And all my nervousness and preparedness? You know what that equals?

An hour wait for your flight. :lmao:

I knew I was going alone. And I've been on girlfriend trips to the World before. But for some reason it didn't occur to me that I would move a lot faster by virtue of the fact that it was just me. :rotfl2:

Silly TK.

So I waited, and then boarded, and had a lovely flight. Reading on my Nook, listening to music. I was really just reveling in the newness of the whole experience and how lovely it was.

And could NOT contain my excitement.

The World!

Alone!

For four days!!!!!

I think for now we'll leave it there. A little tempting tidbit to start the trip report.

Next Chapter

Up next - Would my room be ready?

Burning questions - What item was I so glad I threw into my suitcase at the last minute?

How many characters did I meet?

Which park did I discover I love above all, spending 75% of the trip there?

This and more in my happy little trip report! Thanks for reading, and come along for the ride!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter