• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall dining plan e-mail: Where do you live?

I called and I honestly don't think it's a great deal - I guess the value resort is good..but we wanted another resort and I don't see how it's any better than buying the tickets & room separately - except the dining plan is included. Can someone help me understand...I was really disappointed. My first email code and I don't like it. :-(

My zip code is 27028 - NC.

PamNC

PamNC said:
I called and I honestly don't think it's a great deal - I guess the value resort is good..but we wanted another resort and I don't see how it's any better than buying the tickets & room separately - except the dining plan is included. Can someone help me understand...I was really disappointed. My first email code and I don't like it. :-( PamNC

I WOULD BE PSYCHED TO GET THE DINING PLAN INCLUDED!!! THAT'S EATING FOR FREE, AND FOOD IS EXPENSIVE AT WDW!

NOT SURE I UNDERSTAND YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT...

PamNC said:
I called and I honestly don't think it's a great deal - I guess the value resort is good..but we wanted another resort and I don't see how it's any better than buying the tickets & room separately - except the dining plan is included. Can someone help me understand...I was really disappointed. My first email code and I don't like it. :-(

PamNC

Pam, what's not to like, it is discount. There are NO general room only codes out right now so unless you have an AP this is the only discount around. Lots of people will get no discount at all.

The code is worth $35 per adult and $10 per child per night, so a family of four saves $90 a day with this code. That is an increadible discount even if you are booking at a deluxe resort $90 is a pretty good discount. Sure it is a larger % off if you are at a value, but it is still about as good as most room only codes- I think I have seen $100 off a night at deluxe resorts as a room only code the last few times there was a code and I am not sure but I think that is what the AP code is right now (anyone know for sure, I don't use AP's).

You must be on a serious diet if you don't appreciate this pin code. My husband always does a breakdown on how much $ we spend on food on each vacation (Disney or other vaca). Believe me, it really adds up and we eat mostly counter service/fast food meals and two real sit down meals for an entire week. Add up what you spend on drinks alone when you're in the sun all day! It's huge! I absolutely can't wait to eat my way through Disney on this dining plan. Yummmmmmm!

PamNC said:

PamNC

Sure wish Disney would "disappoint" me with this code.. I have been keeping my fingers crossed that I would get it. We are booked Sept. 11-17 at CR. Family of 5...dining included would be a real treat!!!

My daughter received, we're in NYC :cheer2: 10009, family friend received one which we are using she's in Hackensack, NJ. What is your theory?

I called to see if I had a pin next to my name and I did (dining package) for August/September. I live in VA 20147.

HaleyB said:
Pam, what's not to like, it is discount. There are NO general room only codes out right now so unless you have an AP this is the only discount around. Lots of people will get no discount at all.

Aren't AAA discounts still available for the fall? If so, buying a basic AAA membership could easily pay for itself with just a couple of nights' stay -- so I'd say that's a discount easily available for those who know aobut the AAA discounts.
I'm not sure that the AAA rates would be better than this e-mail, but I wouldn't say that this is the only discount around, either. I'd say that buying a basic AAA membership and getting discounted tix and rooms is often an option (until their rates sell out).
Just my 2c...

I called Disney about a pin to my name -there isn't one but the CM I spoke to said that another batch of e-mails might be coming out early next month for the fall.(Of course,he couldn't gaurantee this but it is what he was told)

Tell me more about these pin codes...how are you all getting them...Did you sign up for something? AP holders? Already booked your vactaion? How do I get one? Help...

I did not have a trip planned. I am keeping my eyes open for a pin code because we are thinking about going in October. I called last week and asked if there was a pin code next to my name (I have been to Disney quite a bit in the past so my name is in their system) and the first time I called I got a very rude person on the line. I hung up and called again and this time the lady was very nice and willing to look to see if I had a pin code. She asked me my name, address, and e-mail. I didn't have a pin code. I then called back yesterday (one week later) to find out I did have a pin code next to my name. I had the dining package and I was really looking for the room discount code. So I didn't book anything at this point. My name is all over the disney system because I send away for mailings and call in and because i've been there so many times so I am going to have my fiance call in since his name wouldn't be in there for anything and we'll see how that works.

Didn't recieve the email so I worked up the nerve and called to see if there was a pin attached to my name. There was!! :banana: I was sooooo excited. We booked for Sept. We are from Louisiana 70394. We are returning visitors.

scrapperjill said:
Tell me more about these pin codes...how are you all getting them...Did you sign up for something? AP holders? Already booked your vactaion? How do I get one? Help...

You need to be getting e-mails from Disney, so if you are not getting any ever you need to sign up on the Disney website for the newsletter. Register on the site too. I got a PIN this spring (but it was not really much of a deal at all), so I know I am on the right lists, but I want the fall deal...

I should call and see if they will give it to me, I know some people are finding they have a PIN code in the Disney system even though they didn't get (or see) the e-mail.

RedRuby said:
Aren't AAA discounts still available for the fall? If so, buying a basic AAA membership could easily pay for itself with just a couple of nights' stay -- so I'd say that's a discount easily available for those who know aobut the AAA discounts.
I'm not sure that the AAA rates would be better than this e-mail, but I wouldn't say that this is the only discount around, either. I'd say that buying a basic AAA membership and getting discounted tix and rooms is often an option (until their rates sell out).
Just my 2c...

That is not what I said, I said there were no general room only codes out (there are AP holder codes out, but there have been no general codes for a long time now), which is true. Perhaps you are not yet up to speed on the lingo around here. It is also true that lots of people will get no discount on their trips, as you said yourself, the AAA discount packages sell out.

AAA does offer some discounts, but nothing like what the codes give us when we get them. Still you are correct, AAA is better than nothing :earsboy: The code we are talking about here will save a family of 4 $90 a night.

Missouri, couldn't use the code. Had a trip in the works (have now just returned). Been to WDW many times, only the second time I've received a code and couldn't use either one.

Well I see a pattern....No one on the west coast gets an email :rotfl: Seems like NY and NJ are the place to live for a WDW code. Have a great trip everyone who is going :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter