Family wants to give money for stay

FSUSammy

DIS Veteran
We are going in November...have a 2 bedroom at BLT. There will be 8 of us, my immediate family (myself, hubby, and two kids), and my mom is bringing my sister-in-law along with my niece and nephew. My mom INSISTS on giving me some money since I'm using up points for this trip. She will continue insisting so I need to come up with some kind of number to give her before our trip. She is the kind of person that will NOT take no for an answer.

Has anyone else had family insist on paying them something for a stay and if so how did you go about figuring out what they should give you.

Where is your mother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew sleeping? Maybe $1000? $2000? Cost of the points (not rental cost, but maintenance fees cost) difference between 1 br and 2 br?

Are you ordering food for the room? Drinks, snacks, breakfast stuff? Maybe mom can pay for that.

Has mom been to disney, does she know prices? Paying for a dinner for 8 people might be more than she had in mind.

Where is your mother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew sleeping? Maybe $1000? $2000? Cost of the points (not rental cost, but maintenance fees cost) difference between 1 br and 2 br?
Since it's a 2 bedroom they will have one of the bedrooms for the 4 of them

Are you ordering food for the room? Drinks, snacks, breakfast stuff? Maybe mom can pay for that.

Has mom been to disney, does she know prices? Paying for a dinner for 8 people might be more than she had in mind.
It's been YEARS since she's been but I think she knows it's not cheap lol

We are going in November...have a 2 bedroom at BLT. There will be 8 of us, my immediate family (myself, hubby, and two kids), and my mom is bringing my sister-in-law along with my niece and nephew. My mom INSISTS on giving me some money since I'm using up points for this trip. She will continue insisting so I need to come up with some kind of number to give her before our trip. She is the kind of person that will NOT take no for an answer.

Has anyone else had family insist on paying them something for a stay and if so how did you go about figuring out what they should give you.

Half of the annual dues on the total points used for the reservation, and treat your family to one dinner.

Maybe one nice family treat like the Minnie Holiday Dine at HS or Chef Art Smith Himecomin at Disney Springs Brunch

Our family usually buys a portion of our park tickets (similar to what they’d pay for lodging otherwise) or contributes towards our AP renewal if we use our points for them too....

I’m going through the same thing with my family. We have a 2 bedroom at Riviera for 5 nights through my points – me, my mother, aunt, cousin and her husband.

Originally my cousin’s husband wasn’t coming and my aunt was insisting on giving me some money for the two of them. I don’t really want/need them to give me anything, but they will force it on me LOL.

I arbitrarily decided on $500 ($100/night). I figured $50/night per person was a reasonable amount. It’s almost half of my maintenance fees.

Now they can only stay for three nights and we’re adding cousin’s hubby. I’m still ok with $100/night for three nights out of five. But they still want to give me $500. They are relentless about stuff like that, so I’ll end up just taking it. For me, it’s a weird, but good “problem” to have. Better than the opposite!

Last edited:
"I should only be so lucky to have my family members offer to pay!"

No Kidding...Right !

BWV3.png

Since it's a 2 bedroom they will have one of the bedrooms for the 4 of them
I just got home from 2 nights at BLT in a 2 bedroom dedicated. (Got upgraded...wow, just wow). Don't know if you will have a dedicated or lockoff, but the one bedroom (Master) is a King bed. The dedicated other bedroom was 2 queens. I hear the lockoff would be a queen and pull out.
Of course there's a pull out in the living room but just wanted you to know that the Master Bedroom "for the 4 of them" would be 4 sleeping in the King bed in that room. (unless they utilize the pullout in the living room of course).

I go a lot with my grown daughter. I pay for every single thing including room, meals, AP, souvenirs. She doesn't want me to and rebels. I insist and won't take no for an answer. I'd rather see the enjoyment of my money while I'm still alive. I'm thrilled to be at Disney with her.

I understand where your mom is coming from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter