• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! dining packages for January?

Some additional January packages have been popping up today. I was only watching Jan 10 and several came up throughout the day.

Around 7:30 Eastern tonight I was able to book Sci-Fi for 1/26 lunch, party of 2, after seeing posts that those late January dates had dropped (and trying several times a day for the last couple of weeks, too). Thanks, y’all!

I finally scored a reservation for the phantasmic dining plan for January 19. I checked all day and it wasn’t available. I happen to check tonight to after dinner and lo and behold there was times for when I was going to be there. Hallelujah I can stop checking now. I hope everyone gets a reservation that they want.

I just checked this thread for the first time all day & saw the news about late January opening up. I was able to get a HBD lunch package on the day I wanted. Now, like @vinotinto I just have to decide if we’ll really want to keep it.

Thanks to everyone who has kept us up to date on these elusive packages!

And BTW, there are still plenty of times available at all restaurants for Jan24th.

Last edited:
What is the cancellation policy on the Fantasmic package? Is it the new 2 hours?

I have a 12:30 HBD F! lunch and a 5:45 Storybook Dining dinner (that I booked a while back and it was the only time available). Fantasmic is at 8pm and there is only one show. Assuming I have to be at the theater around 7:30, it doesn't sound like I have enough time to do Storybook Dining, right?

What is the cancellation policy on the Fantasmic package? Is it the new 2 hours?

I have a 12:30 HBD F! lunch and a 5:45 Storybook Dining dinner (that I booked a while back and it was the only time available). Fantasmic is at 8pm and there is only one show. Assuming I have to be at the theater around 7:30, it doesn't sound like I have enough time to do Storybook Dining, right?
I don't think so. You'd be rushing through an amazing meal just to book it out of there. And if like me, I'd be staring at my watch the entire time rather than enjoying the food and characters. They say to get to the Fantasmic dining line no later than 25 mins before the show. Say you get out of dinner at 7pm, you still have to worry about transportation to DHS. IT's just way too tight in my opinion.

Where exactly are the reserved seats located in the Fantasmic amphitheater?
The very center! Not like in the past, when the reserved seating was off to the side. I did the package at MM on 12/9 and enjoyed both my meal and the show so much I am doing it again on 1/16! I had the flatbread app and steak for entree, so it actually saves me $$ over paying for the meal OOP. Not having to wait in the long lines to get into the show is an added bonus.

The very center! Not like in the past, when the reserved seating was off to the side. I did the package at MM on 12/9 and enjoyed both my meal and the show so much I am doing it again on 1/16! I had the flatbread app and steak for entree, so it actually saves me $$ over paying for the meal OOP. Not having to wait in the long lines to get into the show is an added bonus.
Oh good to know! Are the reserved seats within certain rows too? I've heard you don't want to sit too close since you could get wet. Is that still true?

Oh good to know! Are the reserved seats within certain rows too? I've heard you don't want to sit too close since you could get wet. Is that still true?
It was the whole section. You could choose any row. But be advised that at a certain point before the show they no longer reserve it just for package guests. I think it is maybe 25-30 minutes before show time. So you want to make sure you are in and seated by then.

It was the whole section. You could choose any row. But be advised that at a certain point before the show they no longer reserve it just for package guests. I think it is maybe 25-30 minutes before show time. So you want to make sure you are in and seated by then.
Ok also good to know! Thank you! Do you suggest arriving to the show more than 30 minutes prior or is getting there at that 25-30 minute mark likely fine?

It is definitely worth spending the time to set up a free stakeout alert - I’ve had a couple today for 1/4. While they aren’t where and when I had originally been hoping for , at least I was able to get something. You have to be able to act quickly when you see the alert notification pop up, but it has worked for me. I’m hopeful other cancellations will pop up that work a little better for us, but at least I finally have a dining package after a month and a half of trying!
10 more sleeps!

Ok also good to know! Thank you! Do you suggest arriving to the show more than 30 minutes prior or is getting there at that 25-30 minute mark likely fine?
I think we got there about 45 minutes before showtime. I recommend that to avoid any stress. After you are seated you can just relax, grab some refreshments, use the rest rooms, whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter