• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! dining packages for January?

I just got Feb 2 HBD at 12:45 for lunch!!! So happy :teeth: My first choice would have been dinner at HBD on Jan 30 but lunch on Feb 2 was my second choice.

There were lots of choices on Feb 2 for others still looking.....

Scratch that.....I realized I had a 5pm ressie at HBD on Feb 2 so I cancelled that and it then showed up in F! dining pkg so I grabbed that instead and cancelled the lunch dining package. I wanted a dinner package at 5pm given the show is at 8pm so it worked out great :flower1:

Has anyone gotten 1/28-1/31? I have looked every few hrs and nada….

I can make a regular reservation but no F! Dining -prefer Mama Melrose.

Don’t cancel your ADRs. Someone is saying that they cancelled a restaurant ADR and it turned into Fantsamic. I don’t believe it because it didn’t work for me and another person with a lunch ADR (mine was dinner). It was probably a coincidence

Don’t cancel your ADRs. Someone is saying that they cancelled a restaurant ADR and it turned into Fantsamic. I don’t believe it because it didn’t work for me and another person with a lunch ADR (mine was dinner). It was probably a coincidence

I tried again twice today to cancel ADRs with different reservation times - I tried AM and PM reservations, all before 5:30PM at Hollywood & Vine and 50's Prime Time Cafe. (Still not risking Sci-Fi!)
Unfortunately, it did not work for either of them.

That's great that it seems to have worked for a few people, but it is a big gamble, folks!

I tried again twice today to cancel ADRs with different reservation times - I tried AM and PM reservations, all before 5:30PM at Hollywood & Vine and 50's Prime Time Cafe. (Still not risking Sci-Fi!)
Unfortunately, it did not work for either of them.

That's great that it seems to have worked for a few people, but it is a big gamble, folks!
Like I said it was likely a coincidence and maybe low crowd day

These dining reservations are making me CRAZY. How is it that I can get Cinderella's table or Be Our Guest 1/16 for lunch but not Tusker House? And how is it that almost every single day in Jan is available for Tusker House except Jan 15, 16 and 17? And Fantasmic? Another mystery - I got several alerts yesterday and all the ones released for 1/15 were gone in less than 10 min. So how many did they release 3? UGHHHH. Thank goodness for this board or I would think I was going crazy. :)

Definitely thinking they screwed up January dinners by not setting aside times. I still haven’t seen one dinner pop up for Jan 31, yet feb 2 was wide open. It’s not ideal for me to change plans but at least I got one

Definitely thinking they screwed up January dinners by not setting aside times. I still haven’t seen one dinner pop up for Jan 31, yet feb 2 was wide open. It’s not ideal for me to change plans but at least I got one
Our dates were January 23 to February 2, so we were able to get a F! H&V on February 1. Not ideal but it was one of our HS days and we were glad to get it. Dates in January may still come up but it's looking less and less likely. Doesn't look hopeful for those only at DW the latter days of January.

There is plenty of availability in all the restaurants (except for Sci-Fi) for my date (Jan 19), but no F! packages, so not sure why they don't convert some of those times over :confused:

And here is an extra data point on alert services. I got an immediate notification when they dropped using the free Stakeout. I just couldn’t grab it that quickly.C1B2C59D-5C14-4448-A69B-5AA13717E6F0.png

There is plenty of availability in all the restaurants (except for Sci-Fi) for my date (Jan 19), but no F! packages, so not sure why they don't convert some of those times over :confused:

I don’t think it’s about availability at the restaurant, but how much space is available in the designated dining package section. If space is limited there, they can’t really offer more packages.

And thanks for those explaining & posting screen shots on how they booked. I also had been looking on the Fantasmic dining package page & searching by individual restaurant. Could be why I never saw anything Thursday morning. I’ll make sure I check from the restaurant booking page from now on.

I don’t think it’s about availability at the restaurant, but how much space is available in the designated dining package section. If space is limited there, they can’t really offer more packages.

And thanks for those explaining & posting screen shots on how they booked. I also had been looking on the Fantasmic dining package page & searching by individual restaurant. Could be why I never saw anything Thursday morning. I’ll make sure I check from the restaurant booking page from now on.

If you book on the restaurant booking page, I'm not sure you can get the Fantasmic package.

I think you & @LisaMc are right. They couldn’t have released much inventory for these packages. I mean, I just took that screen shot above a few minutes ago, still so many spots open at 4 pm. But the whole month of January gone, every day, every spot for 5 restaurants with in minutes? Bizarre.

In fact, there are still many lunch spots available for every day in February & dinner times at H & V even now. But when I move to even January 31st, not even 1 spot. So it’s apparent they have more spots open for February than they did for January.

Last edited:
I can get Be OUr Guest but can’t get a mama melrose F! Dining package for 1/28,1/29,1/30,1/31…

I have been trying since
They release 1/1-1/8. (A couple
Of days ago). I see plenty of availability 2/1,2/2 etc but none from 1/9-1/31. Who knows what’s up…

This is a short 5 day trip and we will be back in May, but I would love to get a dining package to semi guarantee a seat.

I only saw 2 opening on 1/1 for 5 people and they booked fast (1 min or so). When I checked for dinner there was nothing.

Our dates were January 23 to February 2, so we were able to get a F! H&V on February 1. Not ideal but it was one of our HS days and we were glad to get it. Dates in January may still come up but it's looking less and less likely. Doesn't look hopeful for those only at DW the latter days of January.
It’s frustrating. The 2nd was up in the air- we were going to sleep late after MK evening hours and then head to DS for some shopping and Gideons, and it was the only day I could get space for lunch. Was going to have a relaxing romantic night at Yachtsman and actually dress up for once in Disney lol. Now it’s the only feasible day for HBD fantasmic. Which would mean completely changing my other HBD day so we don’t go twice and rearranging plans. I don’t know why they can’t get it together.

I think you & @LisaMc are right. They couldn’t have released much inventory for these packages. I mean, I just took that screen shot above a few minutes ago, still so many spots open at 4 pm. But the whole month of January gone, every day, every spot for 5 restaurants with in minutes? Bizarre.

In fact, there are still many lunch spots available for every day in February & dinner times at H & V even now. But when I move to even January 31st, not even 1 spot. So it’s apparent they have more spots open for February than they did for January.
I've noticed that up until and including January 8 there are two shows a night, and from January 9 onwards there is only 1 show a night. Maybe Disney is holding off from opening January 10-31 until they decide for sure that they are doing only 1 and not 2 shows a night. If they have already decided that February 1 onwards is only one show that would explain why they are not scheduling any shows between January 10 - 31 in case they decide to have two shows. Would explain why these dates have not yet been scheduled.

It’s frustrating. The 2nd was up in the air- we were going to sleep late after MK evening hours and then head to DS for some shopping and Gideons, and it was the only day I could get space for lunch. Was going to have a relaxing romantic night at Yachtsman and actually dress up for once in Disney lol. Now it’s the only feasible day for HBD fantasmic. Which would mean completely changing my other HBD day so we don’t go twice and rearranging plans. I don’t know why they can’t get it together.
This is why I booked one day Topolinos and one day HS and we would do a quick service if we got a lunch Fantamic package (which we did for HBD). It’s not ideal and it sucks because we normally don’t have a heavy lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter