Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

My children's school was closed today. Middle DD missed her midterms:woohoo: I guess she will get a few more days to study:thumbsup2

Me and DW slid home from work down snow covered roads. The fridge is full so we are good:thumbsup2

Enjoy your time with your family:goodvibes

Joe

We had a half day and got our mid-terms in. BUT, it took me 2 hours for a (usually) 45 min. drive. That was No fun. Glad that the whole family is safely ensconced for the moment. Not looking forward to the shoveling part, especially in these temps!

(And imagine, if what I keep reading is true, we'll be complaining about the heat in Cozumel!)

We had a half day and got our mid-terms in. BUT, it took me 2 hours for a (usually) 45 min. drive. That was No fun. Glad that the whole family is safely ensconced for the moment. Not looking forward to the shoveling part, especially in these temps!

(And imagine, if what I keep reading is true, we'll be complaining about the heat in Cozumel!)

I'm glad you made it safely:)

It's a good thing that we have internet. Everyone is on doing something. Philadelphia public schools have closed for tomorrow. Usually our school follows them for closings, so we will see.

I will do some cruise research tonight since I can't go anywhere.

By the way Disney Cruise Line tv special will be on the Destination America Channel at 6:00 p.m.:thumbsup2

I will do some cruise research tonight since I can't go anywhere.

By the way Disney Cruise Line tv special will be on the Destination America Channel at 6:00 p.m.:thumbsup2

Let us know if you find out anything good! Everyone stay safe and warm. We got the cold in Kansas City, but no snow this time.

By the way - is anyone doing an WDW days before the cruise? I'm thinking of a short visit.

I checked on my rental car website today and bingo!! I was able to save over $20.00 for my one day rental before the cruise:yay:

So you are renting a car for a one-way trip and dropping at the port? Is that a cheaper deal than doing a car service? :confused3

No. We are renting a car for the day before the cruise. We are looking to get to Orlando on Friday morning and then we will check in to the airport Hyatt. We will be using DCL transportation both ways.

On our last cruise we used the rental car to pick up drinks and last minute items for the cruise. We also went to Downtown Disney and ate dinner at the Rain Forest. By the time we got back, it was time to go to bed and we slept well until it was time to wake up for the cruise.

Some people like to rent a car and by pass DCL transportation. We have done that in the past. By the time you drive to the port, pay tolls, gas up the car, return the car, tip the porters and go through security, I feel that DCL transportation is less stressful. And when you consider that they handle your luggage both ways and print out your boarding passes for your return home, it is worth every penny to us:thumbsup2

Joe

DCL2012Professional008_zpsf87cdb0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On our last family cruise we have a group of 14 people so we decided to make our own shirts and the DCL crew rememered us for the rest of the cruise:thumbsup2

Those shirts are great! Love the saying you guys came up with. You will definitely see us in shirts, I did several shirts for our May trip last year (if you really want to see, there are pictures in my trip report linked in my siggy)...and they were such a hit with other guests and CMs. It gave us just a little extra magic on the trip. My son still wears his all the time. Shoot, if he doesn't grow too much we may still be sporting them in August. LOL.

That is a good point! I have a friend who lives right by the Cape, so if they are in town, we'll just see them and have them drop us off. But, being Floridans, they often leave in August. We've talked about doing a day at WDW before hand, but can't decide.

Those shirts are great! Love the saying you guys came up with. You will definitely see us in shirts, I did several shirts for our May trip last year (if you really want to see, there are pictures in my trip report linked in my siggy)...and they were such a hit with other guests and CMs. It gave us just a little extra magic on the trip. My son still wears his all the time. Shoot, if he doesn't grow too much we may still be sporting them in August. LOL.

I just read your entire trip report...awesome. I know that it must have an exhausting week:confused3

You put a lot of work into the shirts:thumbsup2

We had a family meeting regarding the shirts and a family member designed them:rotfl:

Yikes! Woke up to a frigid day today. The real temperature right now is -6, with wind gusting at 35 mph, it feels like -20 out there. Snow coming tomorrow and again on Monday. No wonder we are all looking at cruise videos :) I spent about an hour last night looking at the videos Joe told us about.

glad everyone made it home safely - a 45 min drive from Center City Phila to Mullica Hill Nj -took 4 hours in the snow - thank goodness i had a box of girls scouts cookies in the car to munch on.:banana:

My children's school was closed today. Middle DD missed her midterms:woohoo: I guess she will get a few more days to study:thumbsup2

Me and DW slid home from work down snow covered roads. The fridge is full so we are good:thumbsup2

Enjoy your time with your family:goodvibes

Joe

a 45 min drive from Center City Phila to Mullica Hill Nj -took 4 hours in the snow - thank goodness i had a box of girls scouts cookies in the car to munch on.:banana:

Glad you made it home safe! We got the below-zero temps but no snow.
I'm looking at the cruise videos tonight!

:yay: Hello from California
It is time to add some West Coast to the festivities, my family and I will be joining you on this vacation!! We consist of Me (Teri), my Aunt, her fiancé, her son and her grandkids, girl 10 and boy 13 (a month away from 14). My poor hubbee has to stay at home because the two of us have a 14 day cruise planned in October and there is only so much vacation time available. I have been on 20+ cruises but this is my 2nd Disney. (Unless, I do the reposition in May, mmmmm) My DH and I did a reposition last year from Vancouver to Los Angeles on the Wonder, and OMGeeee, WE LOVED it. We don't have kids, but we turn into big ones ourselves. It is the first cruise for the rest of the family (except Aunt, she went twice to Alaska with us)

I am really excited about the FE, sounds fun. I will add our information when I get the colors and characters from my Aunt. :cool1:

:yay: Hello from California
It is time to add some West Coast to the festivities, my family and I will be joining you on this vacation!! We consist of Me (Teri), my Aunt, her fiancé, her son and her grandkids, girl 10 and boy 13 (a month away from 14). My poor hubbee has to stay at home because the two of us have a 14 day cruise planned in October and there is only so much vacation time available. I have been on 20+ cruises but this is my 2nd Disney. (Unless, I do the reposition in May, mmmmm) My DH and I did a reposition last year from Vancouver to Los Angeles on the Wonder, and OMGeeee, WE LOVED it. We don't have kids, but we turn into big ones ourselves. It is the first cruise for the rest of the family (except Aunt, she went twice to Alaska with us)

I am really excited about the FE, sounds fun. I will add our information when I get the colors and characters from my Aunt. :cool1:

The Wonder is my first love, but I'm really looking forward to livin' the Fantasy. The kids will be in such good company with many other dis-er kids in the same age range. Here's to August! (Where it BETTER not be 9 degrees F in the Caribbean!)

Teri, PLEASE feel free to start adding information now. You can add colors later. I'm speaking purely personally, now, but I haven't actually started _doing_ anything for my FE other than mental planning. I may start crafting during spring break in April, but since people can sign up until either 20 cabins/or June 30th, it's great just to get you "in the system."

(I have the feeling we may well end up with 2 FE groups - we'll have to see.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter