Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

What do you do at the Hyatt for breakfast the morning of the cruise? I've heard the buffet is good, but is expensive and service is slow? I know there's a ton of places in the food court in the terminal, but I really don't like fast food for breakfast.

We typically eat light for breakfast because we know we will be eating as soon as we board the ship around 11:30 am. So we may go to Starbucks in the food court and get tea and a bagel.

I saw the buffet at the Hyatt but I thought that I might still be full to enjoy the ship's buffet. I personally go up to Cabanas because they have a greater variety of foods. The earlier that you eat helps you not to be caught in the crowds that come when the Resort buses start arriving.

One more plug for anyone interested in a private mixology class with the meet group. We need one more couple, or two more single folks to join in order to schedule a class. If you are interested, the Fish Extender link on the first page of this thread has the mixology sign-up on the second tab in the spreadsheet. If we get a few more to join, I can get it all set up on board. I'll need reservation number, plus full names to give to shoreside concierge to book it in advance. Instead of putting those on the spreadsheet, you can PM the info to me if you'd rather your information not be on the public sheet.

One more plug for anyone interested in a private mixology class with the meet group. We need one more couple, or two more single folks to join in order to schedule a class. If you are interested, the Fish Extender link on the first page of this thread has the mixology sign-up on the second tab in the spreadsheet. If we get a few more to join, I can get it all set up on board. I'll need reservation number, plus full names to give to shoreside concierge to book it in advance. Instead of putting those on the spreadsheet, you can PM the info to me if you'd rather your information not be on the public sheet.
Just added Renee and Tanya and our DHs. I thought we were already on the list but I think I missed getting us on the spreadsheet. We do have Palo brunch on the 3rd at 10:30 and Remy dessert on the 7th at 3;30.

Just added Renee and Tanya and our DHs. I thought we were already on the list but I think I missed getting us on the spreadsheet. We do have Palo brunch on the 3rd at 10:30 and Remy dessert on the 7th at 3;30.

I put a poll up on the Facebook page. I'm trying to figure out how to do it on here without opening it to everyone on the site. I can't do it from within this thread, and if I open up one on the Meets board, other people could vote and mess up the counts.

I put a poll up on the Facebook page. I'm trying to figure out how to do it on here without opening it to everyone on the site. I can't do it from within this thread, and if I open up one on the Meets board, other people could vote and mess up the counts.

Do we know how many of our DISers aren't on FB? If it's just a few, maybe have them state on here or pm you and then add their votes on FB if there is a way for you to do so as admin?? Thanks for all your work on this, Alison!

Do we know how many of our DISers aren't on FB? If it's just a few, maybe have them state on here or pm you and then add their votes on FB if there is a way for you to do so as admin?? Thanks for all your work on this, Alison!

I wouldn't be able to add their votes to the FB poll so that it's visible to all, but they could post their availability here and I can do it manually.

The options and current runnings are:

8/3 - 2 pm (16 votes)
8/3 - 3 pm (7 votes) (I realized after I put this time up that our family is already booked for an activity that is sold out, not sure if I can book it if I'm not attending)
8/3 - 4 pm (8 votes)
8/7 - 2 pm (10 votes)
8/7 - 3 pm (10 votes)
8/7 - 4 pm (1 vote)

We have to have a minimum of 20 people to book a class, so we need to have an option were we get 20 together. If you voted on FB, please post in the comments if you are voting for one person, or more than one so I can see how many are in each slot.

:cool1:I posted on FB the 4 of us for 2pm on the 3rd. We are flexible, no activities scheduled, so ultimately we will just go with the group!!!!

My husband and I can do any time on the 3rd, although I'd prefer later rather than earlier as we have Palo brunch. We can only do 2 pm on the 7th due to Remy desert. (I know someone else here said they were doing that. . .)

Joy

Ok, so I missed the voting on FB - and now I can't find it - We (2 of us) would like the 2pm on the 3rd. Thanks

Hi all,
Its been crazy at work, but I just turned in my grades for the semester so things will be slowing down a little (but not a lot!). I just booked our activities and Palo dinner today - no problem getting what I wanted. We are doing the private beach - Nachi Cocom (sp?) at Cozumel and then the Fury Catamaran at Grand Cayman, Sting Rays at Castaway. I think we're staying on the ship in Jamaica. I didn't see a special dessert for Palo - is that only for certain days?
I voted for the Mixology time, but we are pretty open so I'm sure we can make it work. I started to get worried we would find enough to do on the ship - I'm being ridiculous, right?

It's looking like 2 pm on the first sea day is our best bet. Shoreside concierge has reached out to the ship to see if the times we are looking for are available. It may take a few days for the ship to get back to them to confirm times. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. In the mean time, please fill out the mixology sheet if you are in for the private class.

It's getting close!

So I went a little crazy lately and made a bunch of changes to our plans for the week we are in Orlando. Right now I've got two sets of hotels booked. Originally I'd planned to stay at the Hyatt MCO both the night before, and the night and day after we get back from the cruise.

First - I got a PIN that got us a great deal for a stay at the Beach Club with Epcot tickets. We'll go there after the cruise and spend the day at the pool, and the evening in Epcot. We'll swim a bit in the morning, then take the ME back to the airport to head home.

Then we managed to get an upgrade to concierge for the cruise, which I wasn't expecting. We'd planned to get up early and head to the port on the first bus because we figured as first time cruisers, we'd end up trying to make our Palo brunch and other reservations at Guest Services the day of the cruise. Now that all of our activities are booked, there's no need to be there first thing in the morning.

I called WDW and was able to use another PIN to get a nice discount on a room at the Grand Floridian on the club level. It's more than what we were paying for two rooms at the Hyatt, but the resort includes some meals and drinks that we'd have to pay extra for at the Hyatt. We can have dinner at O'Hana, then watch the fireworks from the Grand Flo dock. We can have breakfast and so some swimming in the morning before the bus comes to pick us up around 11 am to go to the port.

I always feel panicky after I make reservations because I start second guessing myself. As of right now, I can keep or cancel any of the reservations with no penalty. I'm so conflicted! I need a few days to process everything.

Anybody care to give me advice?

Hi all,
Its been crazy at work, but I just turned in my grades for the semester so things will be slowing down a little (but not a lot!). I just booked our activities and Palo dinner today - no problem getting what I wanted. We are doing the private beach - Nachi Cocom (sp?) at Cozumel and then the Fury Catamaran at Grand Cayman, Sting Rays at Castaway. I think we're staying on the ship in Jamaica. I didn't see a special dessert for Palo - is that only for certain days?
I voted for the Mixology time, but we are pretty open so I'm sure we can make it work. I started to get worried we would find enough to do on the ship - I'm being ridiculous, right?

:rotfl2: I am sorry, cant help myself not laughing at your cute statement about not enough to do on the ship. My dear, you will be so busy that you are going to go to bed at night and say "I am tired". On ALL of my cruises (22 and counting) the times that I have nothing to do, I find myself just sitting popcorn:: and watching the sea go by, AWWWW, the memories, love those days. If you don't find enough to occupy your time, well, I don't know what to say. Just scheduling all of your meals takes a lot of the day, :rotfl2: Of course, you can always track me down and play trivia with me. :banana:

So I went a little crazy lately and made a bunch of changes to our plans for the week we are in Orlando. Right now I've got two sets of hotels booked. Originally I'd planned to stay at the Hyatt MCO both the night before, and the night and day after we get back from the cruise.

First - I got a PIN that got us a great deal for a stay at the Beach Club with Epcot tickets. We'll go there after the cruise and spend the day at the pool, and the evening in Epcot. We'll swim a bit in the morning, then take the ME back to the airport to head home.

Then we managed to get an upgrade to concierge for the cruise, which I wasn't expecting. We'd planned to get up early and head to the port on the first bus because we figured as first time cruisers, we'd end up trying to make our Palo brunch and other reservations at Guest Services the day of the cruise. Now that all of our activities are booked, there's no need to be there first thing in the morning.

I called WDW and was able to use another PIN to get a nice discount on a room at the Grand Floridian on the club level. It's more than what we were paying for two rooms at the Hyatt, but the resort includes some meals and drinks that we'd have to pay extra for at the Hyatt. We can have dinner at O'Hana, then watch the fireworks from the Grand Flo dock. We can have breakfast and so some swimming in the morning before the bus comes to pick us up around 11 am to go to the port.

I always feel panicky after I make reservations because I start second guessing myself. As of right now, I can keep or cancel any of the reservations with no penalty. I'm so conflicted! I need a few days to process everything.

:confused3 I wish that I could help you, but I am useless at WDW. The last time I was there was in 1989 and we stayed off site. All I can offer to you is....BREATHE IN.....BREATHE OUT....REPEAT OFTEN. I am not much into spending bigger bucks for a hotel that I won't be in much, I would rather spend the money elsewhere, but if I had the opportunity to frequent there more often I might have a different want or need. You still have a few weeks, your decision will come to you!!! :yay:

I'd rather stay at WDW myself - if you can afford it, and got a good deal, why not? I love the Beach club and Epcot. I've never been to the Floridian, but it sounds wonderful. Then you get Disney transfers and no worries!

Ok, Teri, that's what I thought! I'm pretty good at Trivia too.

:banana: Great, DCL gives good prizes for the winners, we won a hat, key chains and the best one was a mickey mouse head with the DCL logo that has a red ribbon for around your neck that says "Winner" on it. I am thinking I should wear it everyday along with my mickey ears!!! :rotfl2:

Hi everyone!

AliceIn, I voted on Facebook. 2:00 is a great time for us as we have an 11am Palo brunch scheduled. It is also our 11th anniversary, so it will be nice to have some grown-up time. I say absolutely use your PINS to stay at both places, you will NOT be disappointed in either choice as someone who is a little obsessed with Disney hotels. We are staying at Riverside the week before thanks to a PIN code. I'm hoping to see Teri while we are there that week!

We've had a week. My computer completely died, my husband is sick with a horrible cough and my daughter has a pretty nasty allergic reaction with a side of bacterial infection in her eyelid, so I'm home for a couple of days taking care of my crew. I just want them to get this over with now so we can be well by July! Since my computer was down, my mom actually stayed up until midnight and signed all of us up for our activities and brunch. We are doing the catamaran/snorkel/beach party in Cozumel, submarine in Grand Cayman, the Hope Estate and high tea in Jamaica and snorkeling in Castaway. All our first choices as of right now, so we are excited. 12 school days until I'm free to obsess about Disney Cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter