Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 8/2/14 - 8/9/14

:banana: Great, DCL gives good prizes for the winners, we won a hat, key chains and the best one was a mickey mouse head with the DCL logo that has a red ribbon for around your neck that says "Winner" on it. I am thinking I should wear it everyday along with my mickey ears!!! :rotfl2:

I am looking forward to seeing your crazy outfits everyday! :rotfl2:

Hi everyone!

AliceIn, I voted on Facebook. 2:00 is a great time for us as we have an 11am Palo brunch scheduled. It is also our 11th anniversary, so it will be nice to have some grown-up time. I say absolutely use your PINS to stay at both places, you will NOT be disappointed in either choice as someone who is a little obsessed with Disney hotels. We are staying at Riverside the week before thanks to a PIN code. I'm hoping to see Teri while we are there that week!

We've had a week. My computer completely died, my husband is sick with a horrible cough and my daughter has a pretty nasty allergic reaction with a side of bacterial infection in her eyelid, so I'm home for a couple of days taking care of my crew. I just want them to get this over with now so we can be well by July! Since my computer was down, my mom actually stayed up until midnight and signed all of us up for our activities and brunch. We are doing the catamaran/snorkel/beach party in Cozumel, submarine in Grand Cayman, the Hope Estate and high tea in Jamaica and snorkeling in Castaway. All our first choices as of right now, so we are excited. 12 school days until I'm free to obsess about Disney Cruises!

I'm leaning towards the WDW stay, but I have about a month to think it all through.

So sorry to hear about the computer and health issues. Eyelid infections are awful, my son just got over one. They seem to last forever, don't they? It must have been really hard dealing with that AND an allergic reaction. Sending good thoughts your way so that it's all good from here out.

We have had to cancel our August 2 cruise. I have to forfeit $1000 deposit on our DVC rental at Grand Floridian 7/30-8/2. They said I could transfer it to someone else....does anyone want it? If so, I'll give you the res for a deal.

Really looking forward to the long holiday weekend. I will get a chance to get busy making my FE gifts!! My guest bedroom has become the staging area for what all we are packing. After our 1 week roadtrip to visit family in VA and NC we will be on the cruise for another week. Then back to family for overnight stops. Leaving the kids at Nana's for two weeks! Did I mention we are bring our dog? Talk about logistics for what we are taking and where we need it!!! Its all good though, just glad we are driving in a minivan with stops in between! It will also be great to see our family again. :drive:

Wishing everyone a safe and warm Memorial Day. Be sure to take a moment during all your weekend festivites to remember those that have sacrificed so that we have the freedom we have. Anyone that's a veteran or a family of one...you have my undying gratitude! :love:

We have had to cancel our August 2 cruise. I have to forfeit $1000 deposit on our DVC rental at Grand Floridian 7/30-8/2. They said I could transfer it to someone else....does anyone want it? If so, I'll give you the res for a deal.

Sorry you won't be able to make it!! Keeping my fingers crossed that someone can use your DVC stay!!

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from Chicago! I had a great time and ate a lot.

I am sorry to hear about cancellations. I hope things work out.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from Chicago! I had a great time and ate a lot.

I am sorry to hear about cancellations. I hope things work out.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Glad you had a great time in Chicago. You picked a good week to be here (except for Monday, I think), as the weather has been glorious!

Glad you had a great time in Chicago. You picked a good week to be here (except for Monday, I think), as the weather has been glorious!

Tuesday night's storm was crazy:scared1:

After the Cubs game, we went to Weber's Grill Restaurant for dinner just on a whim. It was awesome:thumbsup2 I had the surf and turf:)

Next business trip coming up is Dallas, TX in early July. My wife doesn't want to go with me since the cruise is coming soon.:sad:

I think that she is affraid that she will spend too much at the malls:rotfl:

Tuesday night's storm was crazy:scared1:

After the Cubs game, we went to Weber's Grill Restaurant for dinner just on a whim. It was awesome:thumbsup2 I had the surf and turf:)

Next business trip coming up is Dallas, TX in early July. My wife doesn't want to go with me since the cruise is coming soon.:sad:

I think that she is affraid that she will spend too much at the malls:rotfl:

Yes, the storms on Tuesday were a doozy. We lost power for a while that night. The Weber Grill is one of my favorite restaurants!

I've got some business travel coming up in June and July. I'm heading out to a trade show in Las Vegas in June, and then I'll be in Irvine, California for about 3 days in July. I don't care for Vegas all that much, as I don't gamble, and this is the second time I've had to go there for work this year. Irvine, though, I adore. It's close to the beach, and it's got some of the best Asian restaurants I've ever been to.

We have made our fastpass+ selections for our pre-cruise stay. We are excited. My mom and I finished our semesters and grading, so we just write for the summer. Waiting for my daughter to be done with finals

For those still needing to do passports if your county clerk has an office to do it it goes by so much quicker than the post office. My daughter changed her name and we could not get through to the post office. Did the county clerk and were in and out in in less than 20 minutes. Only hold up was a call to the state department. We got hers back a few weeks later.

If you still have questions about transfers, let me know. We are driving so we will have our car but we have done a variety of combos with transfers

My new computer is HERE and my daughter and husband are all better...all is right with the world again. :thumbsup2

We'll miss you, sorry to hear about the cancellation!

I just signed my family up for the FE! This is our first time on a cruise. We are so excited!!!!!

Welcome!

I, too, stayed up until midnight to get my FP+ done for our WDW days before the trip. We have 3 trips on the Mine Train and 1 very special meet and greet with Anna and Elsa. I am so excited. We going to tell the kiddos at the end of June during their birthdays about the WDW trip and the cruise...they might actually explode with excitement. :p

Hi - Quick question - looking at the FE list - it says Group one - but I was on group one and signed up months ago. last month I printed it out - but the one listed is totally different and I'm not on it? I just wanted to make sure I got everyone in my group before I place an order...can anyone help me locate it. thanks

Hi - Quick question - looking at the FE list - it says Group one - but I was on group one and signed up months ago. last month I printed it out - but the one listed is totally different and I'm not on it? I just wanted to make sure I got everyone in my group before I place an order...can anyone help me locate it. thanks

:banana: First off, YAY I am in your group!! Here is the link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
Are you on facebook??? I got it off of there.

:cool1:Hi Everyone,
I need help from my WDW peeps. The last time I was at WDW was in 1989, yes, that dates me a bit. Anyways, I need Fast Pass help. I got an email saying we could pick our fast pass stuff. SO, what do I pick. Are there any "must do" rides?? We will be going to MK, AK and Epcot. The only thing that "I think" I have read is the tram for AK is a must do fast pass item. Anything else??? :confused3
If you ever need Disneyland help, I am your go to girl, but for WDW, I am a NEWBIE!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! :worship:

:cool1:Hi Everyone,
I need help from my WDW peeps. The last time I was at WDW was in 1989, yes, that dates me a bit. Anyways, I need Fast Pass help. I got an email saying we could pick our fast pass stuff. SO, what do I pick. Are there any "must do" rides?? We will be going to MK, AK and Epcot. The only thing that "I think" I have read is the tram for AK is a must do fast pass item. Anything else??? :confused3
If you ever need Disneyland help, I am your go to girl, but for WDW, I am a NEWBIE!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! :worship:

I may take you up on that in the next few years! As for FP+, it depends a little on whether you like thrill rides, classics, or ease of entrance and minimal waiting for shows and fireworks. And for you, I'd make sure you do the rides that aren't in CA that interest you. We do not do the BIG coasters, but I'll give you my humble opinions of what we use it for. I've found this thread here on the DIS that is helpful...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143281

MK - 7 dwarves mine train is a must and get it soon, they are hard to get even 60 days out. Anna & Elsa if you are into characters, also need to get asap. Then Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (we are obsessed), and you may want to do Enchanted Tales with Belle since it isn't out west. We also used one to view the Festival of Fantasy parade and it was so nice to just walk up and have a great seat in the middle of a hot day. Here is a link to FP+ for Be Our Guest for lunch, which I highly recommend. It doesn't count as one of your 3 FP+ as of right now. We used it in April with no problems!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159118&highlight=bog+fp+

Epcot: Ahhh, this one is hard because of tiering. If you can do 2 days, then one day choose Soarin' and the other day Test Track. Of course, you have Soarin' in CA so you may choose to skip that one. We are using it for Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land this time around. We don't do that Mission Space one yet, but that is an option. I highly recommend Turtle Talk...it is one of my favorite things at Epcot.

AK - We are using it for Kilimanjaro Safari, Dinosaur and Kali River Rapids this time. If you do coasters, then use it for Expedition Everest. I hear the new Festival of the Lion king in its new theater will be a must see as is the bird show.

Did I confuse you? Feel free to ask me specific questions here on message me. With 3 trips in just over a year, I've certainly done a ton of research on the subject.

I don't know exactly what happened to the FE lists, but both seem to indicate group 1.

The real Group 1 says "Copy of Fantasy Western Caribbean Fish Extender List 1 Aug 2-9, 2014" and is at this link => https://docs.google.com/a/kohne.org...EyV2xMMTNfNEV0ajh3VDdYR2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0
You are still on this list.

The second group says "Fantasy Western Caribbean FE Group 1 Aug 2-9, 2014" and is at this link => https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aut7ZpyujxgudEd5cEZrWnFjSmpHdWkyUng4UHNOaEE#gid=0.

It is quite confusing so maybe someone with access to do so can fix the list titles.

:cool1:Hi Everyone, I need help from my WDW peeps. The last time I was at WDW was in 1989, yes, that dates me a bit. Anyways, I need Fast Pass help. I got an email saying we could pick our fast pass stuff. SO, what do I pick. Are there any "must do" rides?? We will be going to MK, AK and Epcot. The only thing that "I think" I have read is the tram for AK is a must do fast pass item. Anything else??? :confused3 If you ever need Disneyland help, I am your go to girl, but for WDW, I am a NEWBIE!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!! :worship:

Are you staying on property?
For your Epcot day try to get the earliest times possible, so you can get additional FP +. I think that is going to be key.
MK day you might want the early times too
If you are staying on property do the parks on extra manic hours as the timing gets better.

AK I would add Nemo as a possibility.

MK you can't really go wrong. I would probably pick some things that you do not have in DL or if you have them the attractions are different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter