Fast pass/baby swap

Disneylovingmomof2

DIS Veteran
hi all, I know these types of questions have been posted before but I feel like there’s always conflicting information.
We’re planning on an end of Jan trip in 2019 and my toddler will still be too small to ride everything. We’ve used rider swap for our past two trips—I’ve always booked a FP for everyone in our party and then my six year old will go on with either myself or DH. Is it necessary for me to book a FP for all three of us, though? For example, if I book a Peter Pan FP for DD and DH, can they ride, get the swap ticket and then I go on with DD? Or is it necessary that I have the FP under my name as well?

hi all, I know these types of questions have been posted before but I feel like there’s always conflicting information.
We’re planning on an end of Jan trip in 2019 and my toddler will still be too small to ride everything. We’ve used rider swap for our past two trips—I’ve always booked a FP for everyone in our party and then my six year old will go on with either myself or DH. Is it necessary for me to book a FP for all three of us, though? For example, if I book a Peter Pan FP for DD and DH, can they ride, get the swap ticket and then I go on with DD? Or is it necessary that I have the FP under my name as well?
Rider swap is only available for rides with height restrictions so Peter Pan would not have that option and all would need a FP. If you are doing 7DMT then you and your 6YO would need a FP and then the 6YO can ride again with DH as rider swap.

Rider swap is only available for rides with height restrictions so Peter Pan would not have that option and all would need a FP. If you are doing 7DMT then you and your 6YO would need a FP and then the 6YO can ride again with DH as rider swap.
My bad on picking Peter Pan as an example because I def knew the height rule! But thank you, I never knew what the definitive answer was to this before.

I have not done it since they switched to digital. However when we were there in April over spring break the person waiting behind did not need a fastpass. There are reports of that this has not changed with the new system. It seems sometimes Mine Train and FOP are asking for everyone to have a FP. However I heard this before it went digital as well and we did not need them for everyone in April.

I have now had 5 conversations with 5 different CM’s and was told consistently by all of them that both me and DH would need a fast pass if we planned to combine fast pass and rider swap.

I know that in some cases people are reporting that was not being enforced BUT the people who are at the parks now made FP choices before the switch to digital and the parks may be doing this as a grace period/ phase-in process, or it could be a training issue. I’m not taking any chances- if DH and I both want to fast pass Space Mountain then we both have a FP. One of us will add rider switch and that means 2 our 2 older kids can ride twice (once with me, once with DH).

I have not done it since they switched to digital. However when we were there in April over spring break the person waiting behind did not need a fastpass. There are reports of that this has not changed with the new system. It seems sometimes Mine Train and FOP are asking for everyone to have a FP. However I heard this before it went digital as well and we did not need them for everyone in April.

Based on the thread I was just reading about an hour ago on the new system you do not have to have FP for FOP and 7DMT to do ride swap for the whole party under the new system, but this also sometimes seems dependent on the CM...

It really seems like all remains the same as the old system except it is loaded onto your MB and you have an hour window from when it is estimated the other group will be off the ride.

Based on the thread I was just reading about an hour ago on the new system you do not have to have FP for FOP and 7DMT to do ride swap for the whole party under the new system, but this also sometimes seems dependent on the CM...

It really seems like all remains the same as the old system except it is loaded onto your MB and you have an hour window from when it is estimated the other group will be off the ride.

That is how it seems to be going right now but the official policy is “Fast Pass for all” and at any time they could start enforcing that.

That is how it seems to be going right now but the official policy is “Fast Pass for all” and at any time they could start enforcing that.

No one can say if there is an official policy on it. You may have been told that everyone needs FP, but there have been plenty of others who have been told that FP is not required. The problem is that the representatives that you talk to on the phone, by chat feature, and through email are notorious for giving conflicting or incorrect info. The simple fact that so many people have been given different info about this question proves it.

Really the only thing we can go on is what actually happens at the rides, which also can be inconsistent... But to say that the official policy is for everyone to have a FP... There's no way for you or anyone else to know what their official policy is or if they even have one.

No one can say if there is an official policy on it. You may have been told that everyone needs FP, but there have been plenty of others who have been told that FP is not required. The problem is that the representatives that you talk to on the phone, by chat feature, and through email are notorious for giving conflicting or incorrect info. The simple fact that so many people have been given different info about this question proves it.

Really the only thing we can go on is what actually happens at the rides, which also can be inconsistent... But to say that the official policy is for everyone to have a FP... There's no way for you or anyone else to know what their official policy is or if they even have one.

5 Different CM's read me the same script. I'm sure there is an official policy.

5 Different CM's read me the same script. I'm sure there is an official policy.

I agree that it seems, based on reports, that the new policy will be everyone requires a FP, but at which point I don't totally understand the need for child swap for FP's beyond buying extra time.

I agree that it seems, based on reports, that the new policy will be everyone requires a FP, but at which point I don't totally understand the need for child swap for FP's beyond buying extra time.

Don't forget the swap was put in place before such a thing as a Fast Pass existed. So yes, it is pretty redundant now.

Our experience during 7/3-7/13 was that the second riding party did not need a FP. There was only one ride where we didn’t (Space Mt) all have them but the way they load the rider swap onto the second party’s bands doesn’t check if you have a FP. After receiving our rider swaps we noticed that we still had a FP on our accounts.

I don’t know what official policy is but I even heard a cm telling a mom and dad with a baby that only the mom needed the FP. He would load a rider swap onto her husband’s band for him. Turns out he had a FP already anyway. This was at FOP, too.

That said, in addition to a larger return window the rider swap allows people to re-ride so the person waiting with the too small child doesn’t ride alone. So when DH took our two older DDs on Space Mt they received a rider swap to then ride it again with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter