FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, and sorry in advance if this had already been asked, but I didn't see an answer to this on the first info page

We have a resort reservation (at YC) for May. We have not bought our tickets yet though. Do the tickets need to be linked up to MDE in order to make the FP+ advance reservations? Or can you make the reservations without having the tickets linked until later? Thanks :thumbsup2

Tickets must be linked. They are what triggers the FP window to open when you have a room-only stay.

My last WDW vacation was 2008 so even with reading the Fast Past + 101 I have a few questions. When I went there was Fast Pass for rides and none for character meet and greets. So as I understand it there is less flexibility of which park u visit each day if u want to use Fast Pass +. I see u have to choose your 3 choices before entering park is this correct? So once 3 choices are used that day u can earn a new Fast Past + one at a time? Im 32 and going on my second solo trip to WDW. Are Fast Passes for meet and greet and shows worth it? Can u earn them after using your 3 Fast Passes? One last question. If u are in one park and use up your Fast Passes but plan on spending time in another park later than day can u get Fast Passes? I do remember some single rider lines were short while others were long. Hope someone can answer my questions. Thank you for your time.

my last wdw vacation was 2008 so even with reading the fast past + 101 i have a few questions. When i went there was fast pass for rides and none for character meet and greets. So as i understand it there is less flexibility of which park u visit each day if u want to use fast pass +.

1. I see u have to choose your 3 choices before entering park is this correct?

2. So once 3 choices are used that day u can earn a new fast past + one at a time?

Im 32 and going on my second solo trip to wdw.

3. Are fast passes for meet and greet and shows worth it?

4. Can u earn them after using your 3 fast passes?

5. One last question. If u are in one park and use up your fast passes but plan on spending time in another park later than day can u get fast passes?

I do remember some single rider lines were short while others were long. Hope someone can answer my questions. Thank you for your time.

1. You don't "have to". It is an option. If you don't exercise that option, you may be waiting longer for attractions you want to ride.

2. Yes, as mentioned in the OP.

3. Some are, in my opinion. I am not commenting on whether meeting characters or seeing shows is "worth it" or not, only that if you decide you want to meet a character or see a show, some FPs are "worth it" in that they can save you a significant amount of time.

4. Yes, as mentioned in the OP.

5. Yes, as mentioned in the OP.

What's the process like for using the kiosks for your rolling 4th+ fp? Specifically, if I'm in a party, will it be easy to find a time with enough openings for everyone and assign fastpasses all at once? Can I just use my band and grab a fourth for everyone in my group, assuming we're linked in mde and everyone has used their 3?

Just got A&E m&g, 7DMT and Enchanted Tales with Belle at MK for 3/24
and Frozen sing along, Star Tours and Great Movie Ride at HS for 3/25
thanks!!!

What's the process like for using the kiosks for your rolling 4th+ fp? Specifically, if I'm in a party, will it be easy to find a time with enough openings for everyone and assign fastpasses all at once? Can I just use my band and grab a fourth for everyone in my group, assuming we're linked in mde and everyone has used their 3?

Availability depends upon the park, day, and time. In late July, we got additional FP+ for 3 in MK for Buzz and JC just after lunch. Tier 1/group A will probably not be available, but tier 2/groups B & C might be. Only 1 person needs to go to the kiosk, as long as everyone is linked in MDX.

Availability depends upon the park, day, and time. In late July, we got additional FP+ for 3 in MK for Buzz and JC just after lunch. Tier 1/group A will probably not be available, but tier 2/groups B & C might be. Only 1 person needs to go to the kiosk, as long as everyone is linked in MDX.

I want to clarify something here, and this post is a good example of a trend I have noticed lately with fusing the A/B/C categories with the Tier groupings--even from the DIS Podcast team (not picking on you specifically, soniam! :goodvibes)

The A/B/C indications in the first post are NOT related to tiering. They are meant to group all attractions into "best" use of FPs in terms of saving time, and is the system I came up with, not Disney.

Tiering is Disney's way of separating attractions into groups (Tier/Group 1 or Tier/Group 2) for purposes of spreading guests among different popular attractions. Those can be seen by noting which attractions are listed in purple bolding and which are not.

There are Tier 1 options that I think are in Category C (Beauty and the Beast at DHS), and there are Tier 2 options that I think are in Category A (Tower of Terror also at DHS). There is no direct correlation between the two concepts.

Would this expectation that Group A might not be available also apply to a less visited park such as AK?

Would this expectation that Group A might not be available also apply to a less visited park such as AK?

The so-called 'group a/b/c' isn't official. It's just a category that mesaboy created to section rides by popularity level. You're asking if group a (very popular) attractions would have low/no availability of same-day fastpasses. Just by checking the FP+ availability provided by Touringplans, it looks like there are some attractions with no availability at AK today, so it certainly is possible.

The so-called 'group a/b/c' isn't official. It's just a category that mesaboy created to section rides by popularity level. You're asking if group a (very popular) attractions would have low/no availability of same-day fastpasses. Just by checking the FP+ availability provided by Touringplans, it looks like there are some attractions with no availability at AK today, so it certainly is possible.
I'll keep an eye on Touringplans.

I realize that these categories are made up. They are very useful though.

Not quite--"by time saved" would be more accurate. There are very popular attractions that getting a FP for doesn't generally save much time--the MK parades, Wishes, and Fantasmic are a few examples.

Here's another one: where are FP+ kisoks located in MK? The Disney site shows only four: Philharmagic, Diamond horseshoe, stitch, and Jungle cruise. Touringplans guide to FP+ has many more:
Code:
At Guest Relations at City Hall on Main Street
In the Town Square Theater on Main Street
In Heritage House, outside the Hall of Presidents exit in Liberty Square
In the walkway between Adventureland and Liberty Square, near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square and Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland
At the entrance to Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
Outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
At the Storybook Circus tent, across from The Barnstormer in Fantasyland
Near Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland
Near Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland

Which one is accurate? I want to know where to be looking when I arrive and if there are only a few points, I'll try and work my way in those directions when I'm out of FPs.

Here's another one: where are FP+ kisoks located in MK? The Disney site shows only four: Philharmagic, Diamond horseshoe, stitch, and Jungle cruise. Touringplans guide to FP+ has many more:

Which one is accurate? I want to know where to be looking when I arrive and if there are only a few points, I'll try and work my way in those directions when I'm out of FPs.

Hard to say. Kiosk locations have been appearing and disappearing it seems for months. I would ask again closer to your trip, and even then approach any list with the expectation it may not be completely correct.

Ah, I didn't know they weren't permanent structures. That'll add some challenge. Good to know, thanks.

They are, kinda. They can be covered or uncovered easily, though. This is surprisingly one of the tougher things of FP+ to get a good handle on in my opinion. Where are the dang kiosks this week?

I am sure this has been asked before BUT, let's say we use a ticket to go the MK on a MNNSHP day and then we attend the party that same day. Does that mean we could ultimately have 6 fastpass+ that day? (3 before 4:00 and then 3 between 4:00 and 7:00?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter