FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure this has been asked before BUT, let's say we use a ticket to go the MK on a MNNSHP day and then we attend the party that same day. Does that mean we could ultimately have 6 fastpass+ that day? (3 before 4:00 and then 3 between 4:00 and 7:00?)

No. The limit is three per day per person, not per ticket. The tickets just dictate how many _days_ you can book.

From the OP:

11. FP+ cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket party events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Night of Joy, or Villains Unleashed. However, party tickets can be used for scheduling FP+ during the typical 3-hour "grace period" from 4:00p to 7:00p usually associated with these events. These FPs are not "extra" and on top of 3 other prebooked FPs that a guest may already have scheduled that day using a regular park ticket--the maximum of 3 FPs in any one day still applies.

Would this expectation that Group A might not be available also apply to a less visited park such as AK?

In late July, we got to AK about 1pm. Didn't ask about EE or Kali, but Safari only had availability for 3 until late, like 5:30pm. It wasn't an AM EMH day for AK either.

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I can't find the answer to my question. I booked room only reservations and I have tickets I purchased from Undercover Tourist. There is a 50/50 chance that I will have to cancel this trip, which is why I booked a room only... If I link my tickets so that I can get my FP+ choices and THEN I have to cancel, are my tickets still usable later???

Sorry if this has already been addressed. I can't find the answer to my question. I booked room only reservations and I have tickets I purchased from Undercover Tourist. There is a 50/50 chance that I will have to cancel this trip, which is why I booked a room only... If I link my tickets so that I can get my FP+ choices and THEN I have to cancel, are my tickets still usable later???

Yes, the tickets remain valid. They'll just stay in your MDE account where they are linked. They are not directly linked to your resort reservation.

Hi all. So I had the same question regarding kiosk locations at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for clearing up why there are different lists of locations. Was also wondering three other things:

1. Where are the kiosks located at in HS, Epcot and AK? Is there a post somewhere in this thread that shows a master list for kiosks at all four parks?

2. Suppose you use your three FP at MK in the AM and are going to Epcot for dinner. I know you can't mix locations with your first three FP. But can you use a 4th FP at Epcot once you've utilized the original three at MK or do you need to book bonus FP at the same park where you started?

3. Once you use the three original FP do you have to book 4th, 5th etc at on site kiosks or can you book through web/app? Both in the scenario I gave in question 2 and if you are just spending the day at one park.

Thanks for any help!!

we have morning fp for Space and Buzz, and a 7p for 7DMT. Have been checking daily for an earlier time, but so far no luck.

Once we use the morning ones, we can book 2more anything (available) for later in the day?

Hi all. So I had the same question regarding kiosk locations at Magic Kingdom. Thanks for clearing up why there are different lists of locations. Was also wondering three other things:

1. Where are the kiosks located at in HS, Epcot and AK? Is there a post somewhere in this thread that shows a master list for kiosks at all four parks?

2. Suppose you use your three FP at MK in the AM and are going to Epcot for dinner. I know you can't mix locations with your first three FP. But can you use a 4th FP at Epcot once you've utilized the original three at MK or do you need to book bonus FP at the same park where you started?

3. Once you use the three original FP do you have to book 4th, 5th etc at on site kiosks or can you book through web/app? Both in the scenario I gave in question 2 and if you are just spending the day at one park.

Thanks for any help!!

we have morning fp for Space and Buzz, and a 7p for 7DMT. Have been checking daily for an earlier time, but so far no luck.

Once we use the morning ones, we can book 2more anything (available) for later in the day?

This section is from the first post and should answer most of your questions:

One additional FP+ can be selected per guest, subject to availability, at an in-park kiosk once the 3 prebooked ones are used or expire. When that FP+ is used, another FP+ can be scheduled and used (and so on).

The kiosks access a guest’s account by recognizing either a guest’s MagicBand or any recently-issued, valid ticket media that includes an RFID chip.

***The kiosks only allow FP+ for attractions in the current park. If park-hopping, you must wait to schedule additional FP+ until you arrive at a kiosk in the other park. To schedule FP+ in a different park, all 3 prebooked FP+s must be used or expire once the first is used. It may be possible to convince certain CMs to do this for you from another park or from an onsite resort’s concierge desk.
At this time, additional FP+ can only be selected at a kiosk and not via the MDX website or app. This functionality is expected once the MDX system is updated--no projected date has been released.

Only one person in a party is necessary at the kiosk to schedule additional FP+.
Once an additional FP+ has been added at a kiosk, the MDX system can be used to modify the FP+.

Additional day-of FP+s are not subject to tiering limitations.

Additional day-of FP+s can be chosen to repeat FP+ attractions.

If an FP+ return window has passed without being used, that FP+ can be rescheduled to later in the day (subject to availability).
All scheduled FP+s can be modified on either the MDX system or at a kiosk.

This section is from the first post and should answer most of your questions:

One additional FP+ can be selected per guest, subject to availability, at an in-park kiosk once the 3 prebooked ones are used or expire. When that FP+ is used, another FP+ can be scheduled and used (and so on).

The kiosks access a guest’s account by recognizing either a guest’s MagicBand or any recently-issued, valid ticket media that includes an RFID chip.

***The kiosks only allow FP+ for attractions in the current park. If park-hopping, you must wait to schedule additional FP+ until you arrive at a kiosk in the other park. To schedule FP+ in a different park, all 3 prebooked FP+s must be used or expire once the first is used. It may be possible to convince certain CMs to do this for you from another park or from an onsite resort’s concierge desk.
At this time, additional FP+ can only be selected at a kiosk and not via the MDX website or app. This functionality is expected once the MDX system is updated--no projected date has been released.

Only one person in a party is necessary at the kiosk to schedule additional FP+.
Once an additional FP+ has been added at a kiosk, the MDX system can be used to modify the FP+.

Additional day-of FP+s are not subject to tiering limitations.

Additional day-of FP+s can be chosen to repeat FP+ attractions.

If an FP+ return window has passed without being used, that FP+ can be rescheduled to later in the day (subject to availability).
All scheduled FP+s can be modified on either the MDX system or at a kiosk.

Thanks Hiro (and MEsa)! Should have known Mesa would have it buttoned up for me right on page 1:)

The Anna/Elsa M&G in Magic Kingdom is by far the most difficult FP+ to get. Onsite guests with longer stays have the best chance of acquiring them, but even then can still be shut out. For those onsite guests who want them, the best chance of getting them is by booking them as soon as your window opens at 12:00a ET and starting your FP+ selections immediately for the days at the end of your trip, working backwards. They disappear very quickly. All other guests are advised to check as soon as possible (at the 30-day mark) and as often as possible, and consider splitting your group into smaller parties to maximize chances of finding an available FP+.

A followup question...our "planned" A&E visit is on Day 2 (of a 7 Day-ticket). Three members in my party want to do A&E while the other three are going to do Space Mountain, then all six of us want to do the 7DMT ride afterwards.

When my 60-day FP window opens would you recommend getting the FPs in this order:

1) 3 FPs for A&E Day 2 (MK)

2) 6 FPs for 7DMT Day 2 (MK)

3) All FPs for Day 7 (MK)

4) All FPs for Day 6 (MK)

5) All FPs for Day 5 (EP)

6) All FPs for Day 4 (AK FPs in AM for 3 party members & DHS FPs in PM for other 3 members)

7) All FPs for Day 3 (DHS)

8) Space Mountain FPs for Day 2 (MK) - same time as A&E

9) Last of three FPs for Day 2 (MK)

10) All FPs for Day 1 (EP)

A followup question...our "planned" A&E visit is on Day 2 (of a 7 Day-ticket). Three members in my party want to do A&E while the other three are going to do Space Mountain, then all six of us want to do the 7DMT ride afterwards. When my 60-day FP window opens would you recommend getting the FPs in this order: 1) 3 FPs for A&E Day 2 (MK) 2) 6 FPs for 7DMT Day 2 (MK) 3) All FPs for Day 7 (MK) 4) All FPs for Day 6 (MK) 5) All FPs for Day 5 (EP) 6) All FPs for Day 4 (AK FPs in AM for 3 party members & DHS FPs in PM for other 3 members) 7) All FPs for Day 3 (DHS) 8) Space Mountain FPs for Day 2 (MK) - same time as A&E 9) Last of three FPs for Day 2 (MK) 10) All FPs for Day 1 (EP)
You have to schedule by day (all 3 at once). So yes, I would definitely recommend scheduling your A&E day first, and since you have other MK days planned, you may need to be flexible on the day (day 2 may have no availability. When I went in October, day 6 of my trip was the earliest I found any openings for A&E at my 60 day mark.) Since the other FPs will be the same, I'd recommend trying to schedule them together, then move those members of your party that do not want to meet A&E to something else. Only break up your party if you cannot find A&E for everyone, as it will make scheduling the rest of your FPs much easier. Also, do not give up hope if you cannot find A&E immediately. Keep searching, and search for overlapping singles if you are unsuccessful finding them in a group. Good luck!!

A followup question...our "planned" A&E visit is on Day 2 (of a 7 Day-ticket). Three members in my party want to do A&E while the other three are going to do Space Mountain, then all six of us want to do the 7DMT ride afterwards.

When my 60-day FP window opens would you recommend getting the FPs in this order:

1) 3 FPs for A&E Day 2 (MK)

2) 6 FPs for 7DMT Day 2 (MK)

3) All FPs for Day 7 (MK)

4) All FPs for Day 6 (MK)

5) All FPs for Day 5 (EP)

6) All FPs for Day 4 (AK FPs in AM for 3 party members & DHS FPs in PM for other 3 members)

7) All FPs for Day 3 (DHS)

8) Space Mountain FPs for Day 2 (MK) - same time as A&E

9) Last of three FPs for Day 2 (MK)

10) All FPs for Day 1 (EP)

You will need to select and confirm for a Full Day (Day 2) before you move on to another day.

A followup question...our "planned" A&E visit is on Day 2 (of a 7 Day-ticket). Three members in my party want to do A&E while the other three are going to do Space Mountain, then all six of us want to do the 7DMT ride afterwards. When my 60-day FP window opens would you recommend getting the FPs in this order: 1) 3 FPs for A&E Day 2 (MK) 2) 6 FPs for 7DMT Day 2 (MK) 3) All FPs for Day 7 (MK) 4) All FPs for Day 6 (MK) 5) All FPs for Day 5 (EP) 6) All FPs for Day 4 (AK FPs in AM for 3 party members & DHS FPs in PM for other 3 members) 7) All FPs for Day 3 (DHS) 8) Space Mountain FPs for Day 2 (MK) - same time as A&E 9) Last of three FPs for Day 2 (MK) 10) All FPs for Day 1 (EP)
PS - the order of your other days shouldn't matter if you are doing everything as soon as your window opens - you will find plenty of availability for most everything else that early.

I've read mesaboy2's informational post (thank you SO much, it is extremely helpful) in the first post, but last time I was at Disney, FP+ wasn't there yet. I'm still a bit confused about something when booking 60 days out online. In another post linked on here recently, there were screen shots walking you through the booking process. Am I correct that you have to select all 3 attractions you want for that day at one time? And it shows to just accept the times you are given and then go back and alter them to the times you want....is that really what I am supposed to do? So for example if I want A&E, 7DMT, and SpaceM, I just check all 3 for the day I want for the whole party, then accept whatever times they give me, then go back in and re-edit the times right away before moving on to my next day to book? Will the time that takes to do cause me to lose FP+ on other days of my trip? But if I wait to do the time switching, will I be stuck with whatever times they give me? I'm really quite confused and would appreciate any clarification on exactly how to handle this stuff. Thanks in advance.

I've read mesaboy2's informational post (thank you SO much, it is extremely helpful) in the first post, but last time I was at Disney, FP+ wasn't there yet. I'm still a bit confused about something when booking 60 days out online. In another post linked on here recently, there were screen shots walking you through the booking process. Am I correct that you have to select all 3 attractions you want for that day at one time? And it shows to just accept the times you are given and then go back and alter them to the times you want....is that really what I am supposed to do? So for example if I want A&E, 7DMT, and SpaceM, I just check all 3 for the day I want for the whole party, then accept whatever times they give me, then go back in and re-edit the times right away before moving on to my next day to book? Will the time that takes to do cause me to lose FP+ on other days of my trip? But if I wait to do the time switching, will I be stuck with whatever times they give me? I'm really quite confused and would appreciate any clarification on exactly how to handle this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Yes. If you don't pick 3, Disney will. You get 4 options for times. I like to get all of my FP+ for the entire trip, as insurance that I've at least got a time. Then I go back right after all selections are made and mess around with individual FP+ times. This is also where I change attractions if not everyone is doing the same thing at all times.

I have found that there are times available doing it after. However, you may still not get exactly what you want. For instance, I got 11:25am for Spaceship Earth. My previous FP+ ends at 11am. I want to switch SE to 11am, but I haven't found an available time. It's not a big deal. The time is probably close enough.

Thank you soniam. So are you able to see the four times to choose from on one screen? Appreciate the insight.
No, there will be 4 "tabs" on the screen. You can see each one without changing screens, but cannot see the options side-by-side.

Thanks Cluelyss. Do you know what happens if one of the 3 you select is not available (ex: A&E)?

You won't even be able to select an attraction that does not have an available time. It will say something to the effect that it is not available. Look at 7DMT or Anna & Elsa to see an example at 30 days or less out. If it's only available at certain times, then your options will be chosen from those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter