FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've split our group up in the past when booking FPs as there are some rides my 5-year-old son wouldn't do. It was fairly straight-forward, you can just select which members of your group you're booking a FP for.

I have an account and my DD has an account, our reservations are linked (trying to get our rooms near each other) Our info is showing up on both our accounts.

My question is, will I be able to my all of our FPs (3 on my account & 2 on hers) while on my account or will I need to go on her account to make hers?

Second question, is it easy to make a different FP for people in our group? Like 3 do one attraction & the other 2 do something else?

Do the 1st 3 FPS have to be in the same park?

We've split our group up in the past when booking FPs as there are some rides my 5-year-old son wouldn't do. It was fairly straight-forward, you can just select which members of your group you're booking a FP for.

Don't forget to utilize child swap for rides the little ones won't go on. If you have 4 people who want to ride then just us 2 FP+ for it and have them get a child swap. Then the other 2 can use the FP line with the Child swap. You will get more usage out of your FP+ and minimize the wait the little ones have to wait for others. Remember the Child Swaps don't expire that day either. Ours didn't expire until the end of the month.

When "refreshing" to search for a different fast pass,(using a web browser, not mobile) does it make a difference if you actually refresh your webpage or click one of the other buttons like Morning, Afternoon or Evening?

When "refreshing" to search for a different fast pass,(using a web browser, not mobile) does it make a difference if you actually refresh your webpage or click one of the other buttons like Morning, Afternoon or Evening?
Just click another time...it loads faster that way than it does to refresh the entire page.

Don't forget to utilize child swap for rides the little ones won't go on. If you have 4 people who want to ride then just us 2 FP+ for it and have them get a child swap. Then the other 2 can use the FP line with the Child swap. You will get more usage out of your FP+ and minimize the wait the little ones have to wait for others. Remember the Child Swaps don't expire that day either. Ours didn't expire until the end of the month.
We will have a 1 year old & it’s our 1st time using rider swap, so I hope I don’t have any trouble.

We will have a 1 year old & it’s our 1st time using rider swap, so I hope I don’t have any trouble.

We just did it in December for the first time with a 2 year old. It helped so much. There was 5 of us plus the little one. Most times I opted to stay with him as I wanted to spend time with him but we would just do 3 FP or 2 FP and then switch. Most times the teenager got to ride twice on most rides. She loved it. For example at MK we did 2 FP for Seven Dwarf, then 3 for Big Thunder with in 30 minutes of each other, then 2 for Space and 3 for Dumbo (take the little guy on) with in 30 mins, and then all of us for Pirates since the little one can go on. It worked out so well for us. Just remember to not waste 2 FP if only one person can go on. Just get the child swap and that way you have double FP and this will help the little one not have to wait so long for everyone. Have a great time.

Is there a maximum length of stay for which fast passes can be booked within? For instance, I have 2 week onsite stay (3 resorts, booked back to back to back). For the time being, I only have a 7 day ticket. When my 60 day window opens for the first stay, may I book FP for any 7 days within the 2 weeks? I thought I remembered hearing that the maximum stay was 10 days?? Thanks for clarifying!

Sorry for this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. It's not exactly a FP+ question, but: I have some magic bands (I think) from 2014. Will they work this year? Is there an advantage to the newer technology? Also, can I switch one of them to a different person?

TIA

Sorry for this, but I didn't want to start a new thread. It's not exactly a FP+ question, but: I have some magic bands (I think) from 2014. Will they work this year? Is there an advantage to the newer technology? Also, can I switch one of them to a different person?

TIA

Pretty sure they are not active. To check any magic bands and/or tickets, sign into your MDE account and look at magic bands issued and it will list all the magic bands issued to you and which ones are active and can be used.

Pretty sure they are not active. To check any magic bands and/or tickets, sign into your MDE account and look at magic bands issued and it will list all the magic bands issued to you and which ones are active and can be used.

Well, they are still active, but I can't transfer to another person. So it looks like I should only need the new on for my friend, and I should be able to use my old (narrow) one. So that's the second part of my question. Do I want to? Has the technology changed that I need the newer one?

I have some very old Magic Bands (don't know how old, but before 2015) that the website says are still active. I always get new ones, unless I have back to back trips, "just in case" as you never know when the old ones will quite working.

Well, they are still active, but I can't transfer to another person. So it looks like I should only need the new on for my friend, and I should be able to use my old (narrow) one. So that's the second part of my question. Do I want to? Has the technology changed that I need the newer one?

I have some very old Magic Bands (don't know how old, but before 2015) that the website says are still active. I always get new ones, unless I have back to back trips, "just in case" as you never know when the old ones will quite working.

I agree with @jlundeen in getting new bands

I read somewhere, probably much earlier in this thread, that the old magic bands may not pick up at a distance. So while you can still use them to enter the parks and to tap at the fp+ return spots, etc, it may not pick up ride photos or videos.

Bands cannot be transferred once assigned to a person. And as others have said, I’d probably pick up a new band for yourself to be safe. Have a great trip!

Ap question - we have a 3 day stay on property at the end of May and a 5 day stay on property for July 4th. Since they are all on site, will I be able to have 8 days of FP reserved instead of the normal 7? And does this mean if I do any day trips once those are booked that I won't be able to do any FP at all?

Special Events / Refurbishments / New Attractions

- FPs cannot be scheduled during hard-ticket events such as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, or Night of Joy. In the past, party tickets could be used for scheduling FPs during the party’s 3-hour grace period from 4:00p to 7:00p.

If I try to schedule FPs for MNSSHP from 4pm-7pm in Oct and I'm NOT planning to use a day from my multi-day tickets, will MDE allow me to schedule the FPs for this without it counting against my 7 day ticket?

I tried to search for this... but could not locate it. Is it possible to add a person to a fast pass? Situation, 3 people book fast passes 60 days ahead, last minute 2 more people join.. can those people be added to the groups fast passes so they can all ride together?

I tried to search for this... but could not locate it. Is it possible to add a person to a fast pass? Situation, 3 people book fast passes 60 days ahead, last minute 2 more people join.. can those people be added to the groups fast passes so they can all ride together?
Open the FP and there is an option called Change Party. Click that and you can add the others but only if there are FP's still available for the time.

Hello everyone. I booked a stay at the DS DoubleTree directly via the Hilton website for our upcoming WDW trip in October. My brother & his family are vacationing w/us, and they booked a stay at the same hotel, but via a WDW travel agent. I've been following the DS Hotels thread closely, but am still a little nervous about the 60-day FP availability when booking directly through Hilton, since it's such a new feature.

If at our 60-day mark (mid-August), my 60 days doesn't open up, can my brother book our FPs for all of us in a worst case scenario? We are linked in MDX via Family and Friends, and our hotel reservations have been loaded in.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance!

If at our 60-day mark (mid-August), my 60 days doesn't open up, can my brother book our FPs for all of us in a worst case scenario? We are linked in MDX via Family and Friends, and our hotel reservations have been loaded in.
No one is having problems with their window opening. As soon as the DSprings Hotel reservation links to your MDX account, it ensures that your 60-day FP booking window opens.

Any onsite person who is a member of the FP booking group opens the 60-day window for everyone else in the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter