FastPass not tall enough?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
What happens if you make a FP+ and your kid ends up not being tall enough? Do they give everyone a FP of your choice for everyone in your group? We may be on the edge of the 38" in September. I want to be ready but at the same time I don't want to completely waste a FP+ booking that would go to waste.

You'd just modify the FP+ selection to something else.
They are not going to give you a freebie just because the child didn't meet the height requirement.
You could always opt to do child swap if othes in your party still want to do that ride with that FP+ selection.

Thanks for the feedback. Will make a measurement leading up to the 60 day mark and plan based on where we think she will be.

We made a game out of measuring at least once a month leading up to the trip, so I would know where the kids were and to practice hitting the bar with the head and not sucking under it.
It could have been a complete coincidence, but making sure my boys took vitamins every day vs the usual 3-4 times a week when I remembered seemed to help.

Oh man..I never even thought of that! It's tough because you never know when they're suddenly going to shoot up an inch in no time flat.

I had a situation where one of my three just missed FoP by a hair. The CM who gave me a RS also gave us FPs to ride NRJ while Hubby rode FoP with the other two. I'm not sure if that was just a kind CM or standard procedure when kids are really close.

This was us when I booked 6 months out for our April trip. I ended up just FP slinky dog, mine train, & kali river rapids, just in case. She ended up making the height requirement and we were able to go on all 3! (Mine train we went on 3 times)! So I’d book and just hope.

Shoes do help though. She was 39 with the shoes so an inch over but they definitely made it so she wasn’t border line. We had See Kai Run sandals.

I had a situation where one of my three just missed FoP by a hair. The CM who gave me a RS also gave us FPs to ride NRJ while Hubby rode FoP with the other two. I'm not sure if that was just a kind CM or standard procedure when kids are really close.

I don't believe that is common at all. We were just there last week with our 3 year old who is not 40 inches but I had her on the FP anyway because I didn't know if she'd have a growth spurt (and to be honest I actually wasn't sure of her height) but she was not 40 inches and the only thing we were ever offered on the 40 inch rides was a rider swap.

I'd say, get the fastpasses for everyone. Kid might make the height requirement, might not. But this way, at least you've got it. I'm presuming you're trying for 7DMT? I can't think of any other 38" ride that you'd need to worry about. So get this FP. If kid makes the height, great! If not , you can either do ride swap or easily modify the fastpass to get another ride if your party doesn't want to ride.

I'd say, get the fastpasses for everyone. Kid might make the height requirement, might not. But this way, at least you've got it. I'm presuming you're trying for 7DMT? I can't think of any other 38" ride that you'd need to worry about. So get this FP. If kid makes the height, great! If not , you can either do ride swap or easily modify the fastpass to get another ride if your party doesn't want to ride.
Slinky Dog is 38 inches!

As others have mentioned, get the FP for everyone and modify it if the child isn’t tall enough. That is what we have done when my daughter was close to 38” and 40”.

7DMT, Slinky, and Kali

She is a little dare devil already climbing a ladder on a playset when she was just 21 months and asking for people to catch her so she could jump off a 5 foot platform.

I am going to plan on her getting to the height to be on the safe side and plan accordingly.

We can always adjust leading up to the trip if it doesn't look like she will make it.

7DMT, Slinky, and Kali

She is a little dare devil already climbing a ladder on a playset when she was just 21 months and asking for people to catch her so she could jump off a 5 foot platform.

I am going to plan on her getting to the height to be on the safe side and plan accordingly.

We can always adjust leading up to the trip if it doesn't look like she will make it.
Hopefully she is! My daughter just made it last trip and had a blast. Slinky dog was her favorite.

I just booked FPs for my son who will be too short for a few of them. I'll just let the FPs expire and keep on booking for the 4th and 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter