Favorite Disney Restaurant not in a Park?

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
Thoughts on good places on site?
That are not in a Park.
We will be at Swan and then Poly.
Just be me and DW no kids.
not looking for Victoria and Albertrs or CaliGrill level.

Il Mulino, Flying Fish (at least in the past, have not tried since reopening), Jiko (get there early and you can watch the savannah as well).

Trattoria al Forno (BWI)--fabulous Italian food.

Beaches and Cream (BC)--soda fountain goodies and burger joint food. Pretty good ice cream. Definitely make an ADR, tho. Crazy popular.

We have enjoyed a few nice dinners at Il Mulino when staying in the Boardwalk area. Last Sept we made a day-of ressie while staying at the Swan. We like the Fountain at the Dolphin for a casual sandwich meal.

I like the Grand Floridian Cafe also.

Maybe just me, but I thought Il Mulino prices pretty close to Cali Grill's. OP says not at Cali Grill level. (Maybe that means fancy food, though?)

Been a few years, and we didn't have a great experience at IM. My recollection may be flawed.

Boma at AKL for either breakfast or dinner.
Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast. They also have lunch and dinner but we have never been for those meals.
Ale and Compass at YC for breakfast.
The Boathouse at Disney Springs.

Last edited:

bluezoo - Dolphin
Kimonos - Swan
Ale & Compass - YC
Steakhouse 71 - CR
Whispering Canyon - WL
Citricos - GF (if you are willing to go a little fancier)
also enjoy the app options at Trader Sam's at Poly

Boma. Sanaa. Whispering Canyon breakfast. Sebastian's Bistro dinner. 1900 Park Fare if they ever reopen. Polite Pig quick service.

Thoughts on good places on site?
That are not in a Park.
We will be at Swan and then Poly.
Just be me and DW no kids.
not looking for Victoria and Albertrs or CaliGrill level.
Steakhouse 71 when you’re on the monorail loop and then I’d pick il mulino when at the swan.

Our faves not in the parks:
Il Mulino
Boathouse
Trattoria al Forno breakfast
California Grill

Maybe just me, but I thought Il Mulino prices pretty close to Cali Grill's. OP says not at Cali Grill level. (Maybe that means fancy food, though?)

Been a few years, and we didn't have a great experience at IM. My recollection may be flawed.
Never eaten at CG, but my pizza at Il Mulino was $18. Pasta looks to be in the $20-$30 range. Fish & meat in the $30's. Looks pretty comparable to Trattoria Al Fourno. Actually the margherita pizza at Trattoria is $1 more. We did get an expensive bottle of wine, but that is not required.

It has been a few years but last time we ate a at IM it was not good.

Boathouse is our favorite overall restaurant as it's unique to WDW. We have great steakhouses in our city. We have great fried chicken, Southern style restaurants, Italian food and every other kind of food in our city. We have some great seafood restaurants, but we don't have a Boathouse. Boma is unusual and great, but it's a buffet and doesn't have any semblance of romance. Ha We've had two lovely evenings out on the patio overlooking the lake while dining.
Don't sleep on Toledo or even Three Bridges Bar and Grill at CSR is a great venue with really good food and fun time.

Our favorite non-park Disney dining experience was dinner at Raglan Road (almost seven years ago!). The price was quite reasonable, the food was good, and the performances were unforgettable.

Edited to add: We had a late breakfast (reservation at 10:45) at Boma last week because my teenage cousin requested a buffet, and it was a great experience, especially since we were a few minutes late and we were still able to take our time, and the kitchen was still putting out fresh food.

Last edited:
Our favorite non-park Disney dining experience was dinner at Raglan Road (almost seven years ago!). The price was quite reasonable, the food was good, and the performances were unforgettable.
We went for to RR for the first time last year and it was a great dinner and a show! Totally forgot about it earlier. Great experience!

Yet another vote for Boma for me, it is my absolute favorite restaurant at WDW, breakfast or dinner. Whispering Canyon Cafe and Ohana are also up there, although Ohana has slipped in quality in recent trips. At this point it's more the ambiance and family history that keeps us coming back.

My under the radar pick is Sebastian's Bistro at CBR. The new family style meal is amazing in both variety and taste, and you can't beat the value. It's turned into a must-visit on every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter