Favorite Hawaiian Music/Aulani Loop

Psymonds

Mouseketeer
  1. What's your favorite Hawaiian Music? Artist/Song?
  2. Does anyone have a list of the Aulani Ambient songs/loop?

Favorite song is Jerry Santos - Ku'u Home O Kahalu'u. Wonderful. Absolutely haunting.

We had an Aulani OV room in January and he was the entertainment that was live and piped into the main pool area our balcony overlooked. Mesmerizing music. I kept leaning over the balcony to hear it better. I made several calls to the Front Desk to find out who was singing and they said it was Jerry Santos. He sings at Aulani and other Hawaiian resorts. You can find it numerous places on YouTube.

Brother Iz is great. My favorite group is Hapa (seen them many times), Nathan Aweau, Keali'i Reichel, many more. I listen to Hawaiian 108. You can stream it online. Cecilo and Kapono, Brothers Kazimero, (my spelling is off I'm sure). Many amazing musicians play in Waikiki, and some in Kapolei from time to time too (and at Aulani). It amazed me to be at the Moana and hear someone I listened to on the radio.

I'll have to add on to my collection. I've been preparing with my playlist for a few weeks.

I like Raiatea Helm for some nice relaxing music as well.

Keali'i Reichel is amazing. On my second trip to Aulani I asked the front desk about the music playing, found out about the CD with his music and bought it. After a few weeks, I looked on Amazon and YouTube for his best selling songs, and bought most of those too. I have since purchased a few more albums. There was a time when I listened to a playlist I made of his music every day. My family thought I was nuts. Now, I listen to it once a month or so.

We purchased the CD in the gift shop. The Disney songs sung in Hawaiian. It's really neat.
My favorite local musician is Willie K. He's based out of Maui. Fantastic.
Another favorite is Jake Shimabukuro from Seattle. He plays ukulele and is world class.

I know it’s an old thread, but I am listening to the CD right now....bought it on our last visit to Aulani, last September!

When we were at Aulani, we caught Ben & Maila at Olelo Room. Maila is native Hawaiian and sang some beautiful songs in Hawaiian. They also did original music, covered popular songs, and also did some Disney songs as well. They have an album and play around Oahu from time to time.

I've already downloaded a few Hawaiian music albums on Spotify in preparation for our upcoming trip but have added a few more thanks to recommendations on this thread - thank you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter