Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hopefully there are a few here that like horror movies lol. Some of my favorites are Nightmare on Elm Street, Final Destination, Resident Evil etc. There are a few out there i wont watch more than once, thats how bad they creep me out. What say you?

The first one that really got me was Night of the Living Dead. It was on tv late one night, and I think I was just too young at the time to be watching that!

Finally!! A horror fan!! I swear I’m always the only one that likes them!

Anyway, it’s been a long time since I’ve watched one. But the most recent ones I absolutely loved. Get Out and A Quiet Place. I absolutely loved both.

Scream
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Gremlins 1 & 2
Tremors
Monster Squad
The newest Halloween. I prefer Michael to Jason. But I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason.
Critters
Jaws

The Ring and The Grudge. While I like them, I can’t watch them. Decrepit black haired girls eff me up.

Nightmare on Elm Street

Halloween 1 and 2 (something about being in a hospital and being murdered by a serial killer just does it for me)

Silent Hill

Exorcist (I was a young 13 when I first saw it, and it terrified me)

The Omen (I was 10ish, and totally freaked out)

and I know some people are meh over it..but the new IT and IT Chapter 2. (1st was better) The guy playing Pennywise was very very good at being creepy. The one eye at the camera all the time (so it seems he is watching YOU) is what does it

ETA: Poltergeist (the original) I had a creepy clown doll like the little girl. I tossed that sucker.

I love the classic Universal Monsters of the ‘30s and ‘40s.

Friday the 13th Parts 1-8

Halloween 1&2

Scream

some of the Hammer horror films of the ‘50s and ‘60s

Psycho and the Birds

OOH! I have found my people!

Absolute faves are probably the Tremors movies, Jaws, the Ritual, and the Descent. I could watch them a million times!

Love any classic stuff even black and white. Nosferatu is still a fave. Subspecies, Dog Soldiers, As Above So Below, Protect the Block, The Halloween movies, Anything with actual scary vampires or monsters! I'm not so big on humans or ghosts. Also love the BAD stuff. So bad it's good stuff like Trolls 2 and Carnosaur.

Omg! I forgot Interview With the Vampire!!! It’s been a favorite since I was 12! I can’t believe I forgot!
@DuskKodesh your post reminded me!! Vampires are my favorite monsters. Idk how I could have forgotten

Last edited:
Omg! I forgot Interview With the Vampire!!! Is Ben a favorite since I was 12! I can’t believe I forgot!
@DuskKodesh your post reminded me!! Vampires are my favorite monsters. Idk how I could have forgotten

Yesssss! I'll watch anything with good vampires in it! I As a kid I'd just cruise blockbuster and rend anything with vamps. Saw some very un-age appropriate stuff that way. So many good popcorn filled nights.

Love a lot......not violent slasher ones though and not ones with no plot to the horror.
I love Tremors.....have them all, but don't consider them horror.
Final Destination movies.....just fun to me
Chucky was a fun group too
the Birds in the day, kind of boring now
Big Alfred Hitchcock fan
And love B sci fi with bugs, bats, snakes, creatures of any kind
Krampus
Gremlins
Exorcist
It..................Bill Skarsgard was great (just finished Castle Rock season 1 with him in it too)

I love all sorts of horror. Nightmare on elm street, haunting of hill house, exorcist, conjuring, Annabelle, etc. One of the newer ones I like is midsommar.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the movie as it is so different from the book. I actually liked the series that came out in the 90s, but I know a lot of people didn't like it.
Yeah, they are very different and I enjoy both. Generally, though, when it comes to horror films, I appreciate creepiness and disturbing ideas more than jump scares. With that in mind, one more for the list: The Vanishing (the original; not the awful US remake)

I used to stay up with my Dad on weekends and watch Hammer horror films on the Late, Late Movie. I haven't seen one in decades, but I chiefly remember all of the blood and that it was bright red instead of real-looking.

I'm not a fan of today's horror movies, really. If I had to pick a favorite scary movie, it would be 1922's Nosferatu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter