favorite souviners

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
I think I might have seen this on here before, but I would love to know what everybody's favorite souviner purchases are. Is there something that you just have to buy when you go. I dont buy a lot for myself but the one thing is always a shirt (exciting I know).

Mickey Antenna Ball from Test Track....can't drive like that to work but I love to remember.
(also- It looks really cool with lots of ice on it from the great Canadian winter)

I bought a miniature Mickey Ears Hat and it dangles from my rear view mirror.

Mickey Ears Ice cube tray-----I use it everyday!

We bought tons of fridge magnets----we collect them from everywhere we visit together as a couple.

BUT--------- my favorite souvenir is the great pictures I take and the free park maps.

Can't wait to hear more:)

PIINS,PINS, and more PINS. We also like to get the pennies from the penny press machines.My ds likes to get any thing with Donald Duck on it. And we also like to collect the park maps.

Little porceline Disney characters -- only $5.00 --- kids collect them all

Well we are both about thirty and what we like are stuffed animals, lol. First ever Disney souvenier for me was a stuffed Mickey and some Robin Hood beanie babies, that my BF brought home after his trip without me. :) We also get some pins. One souvenier that I really wanted last trip that I didn't get was the WDW Music CD and the Illuminations CD, and I kept looking for something cool with the 2001 logo on it but couldn't decide what I wanted and so came home with NOTHING with the logo on it, dumb me.

Our favorite souvenirs are the items with that years logo or theme on it.
Every year I get the new keychains with the year on it that you can put a picture in.
We also get the magnet and the photo album with the years on them. Then you can go back and look at your pictures for that year. As our kids get older they love to look at them.
It is also fun to look at our magnets on the fridge with each year and the kids picture in it.
Also a must, the beach towels for the year, the resort if it is a new resort for us, and anything else special. We like our rockin roller coaster one and the animal kingdom ones are always real pretty. We save those beach towels only for disney trips, trips to the beach, and my daughter likes taking them to her cheer or dance camp. ( I only let her take the old ones there) Also make sure you bring a permanent marker to write your name on them. Everybody has them.

I always buy a magnet from every trip we take to use in my classroom. For myself, I bought a MM travel coffee mug on our recent trip. For 2 year old DD, her favorite is her Dumbo pin.

I collect magnets from wherever we go. I must let you all in on something - you can easily demagnatize your disney room key with a magnet! I did this twice last year!!!! Do not put them anywhere near each other!!!!

Love the stuffed animals, have a collection of them!

i agree with ALL of the above souvenirs: the magnets, mugs, photo album, etc.

my favorite purchases from our last trip was a cinderella's castle snowglobe that plays
"when you wish upon a star"... whenever i miss the magic, i just turn the key and give it
a little shake... and i'm there.

also, a pooh and friends frame with my favorite DD's photo with mickey at a garden grill
character meal. makes me smile every day at work.

this year, we'll have to see. definitely another frame for maybe a special family photo
with all of wearing our ears! (if i can convince DH to wear his! LOL)

OH! and more earrings for me! i work with kids so i can get away with wearing my mickey earrings everyday. this pair is 4 years old and my $5.00 purchase was such a great investment. i'm going to get about 4 more this time!!

Mickey crystal earrings for my 5 yr. old.

Ceramic frame of cystal with Tinkerbell flying over. We keep a picture of DD dressed in their Belle and Ariel dresses posing with Prince Charming when we went to CRT for breakfast!

We have a collection of trolls from Norway in Epcot. On our last trip we all rolled our eyes when DH declared his intention of buying another. DH became offended and refused to even look at them! So, this June, we'll be adding another hairy, ugly creature to our mantle. I guess some traditions are just not meant to fade away.

I collect postcards (I have done so for 4-5 years now and have quite a collection), pressed pennies, pens and pins. I also collect the Park Maps, and other small things that have the park logo on them, as well as the year. This is a great thread, by the way.

Originally posted by polcia
So, this June, we'll be adding another hairy, ugly creature to our mantle. I guess some traditions are just not meant to fade away.
LOL!

My kids like to do the pressed pennies/quarters. I like to get things for the house. Some of my favorites are the Mickey shower clock, my Minnie tablecloth (from the store in the Land Pavilion), a mickey icon plate. My all time favorite Disney souvenir is from Disneyland...a black Mickey icon clock hanging on my porch. :)

my most loved souvie.....

the bambi coo-coo (sp?) clock from the Germany pavilion. DH and DS bought it for me on our first family trip as a present for all the hard work i did planning our trip down to the last detail.

lots of others like magnets galore (is there a fridge under there???) the yearly panoramic postcards, anything from Fort Wilderness (love my FW spare tire cover for the camper!!!)

- lori

Our pictures we had taken on The Disney Wonder and on Tower of Terror!!!! :D Although they seema bit pricey, you are so glad you bought them when you get home and can share your wonderful Disney memeories with family and friends!!! And tehy always turn out better than the ones you try to take ;)

My favorite Disney souvenirs are the straws with Mickey, the ones that screw on to twenty ounce bottles. They are sold at most beverage carts, but it is a shame they only offer two styles, sorcerer Mickey and safari/director Mickey.

I love to get a new Christmas ornament with the year on it. Last year I got coffee mugs and a spoon with the Osborne Lights on them and they were so special to me (because I love those lights!!!)

By far my families' fav souviners from our last trip were our Guest Of Honor badges!! We loved them! We also loved how many times people would do a double take when we all wore them at once. Then of course, the "OMG, where did you get those"! We all also got the matching key chains. They are great and you can't beat the price either! I bought a lot of stuff last year, but nothing makes me smile like my badge does when I look at it now! :D

Every visit I buy myself a snow globe...my one splurge "for me". The first time we went, I was too cheap, and regretted it for months afterward. So the next time, DH told me to get 2! Oh okay, if you insist... I also LOVE a "Mom" pin I bought in MK...the jewelry shop across from the Emporium on Main Street (not a shop to bring kids into). It says "Mom" with a Mickey head, and has a bar underneath where you hang Mickey icons with your kids' birthstones. $12 for the pin, $5 for the icons--they had "Grandma" and so forth also. I've received so many compliments on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter