favorite souviners

We get at least 2-3 magnets each trip. Also the refill. mugs. But our favorite souviners are the photos that are taken on the different attractions. We have them all over our walls. We love seeing how our dd has grown.

Silhouette me and DH bought when we're on our honeymoon back in 97.
We made a point not to buy one every time we're in WDW. I would like to do one every 10 years instead. That would be really cool when we're 80 years old and have proofs to show how much fatter we grew each decade!

I love Disney Souvies! I collect almost anything with Belle from Beauty and the Beast. The Disney parks are the best place to find stuff with her on it! I love my pins; I always look at them and remember where and when I got them. I also love my princess coloring book and Fab 5 coloring sheets even though I'm 23!!! :D I also had to buy stickers for my scrapbook. There was even a set that had a roll of stickers for each park! I get Christmas ornaments, too. Especially in May 2002, I had to get a graduation Mickey ornament with the year on it because I just graduated from college!:D :earsgirl:

Tee-hee: my next trip is August 22-29, 2002!!!!!!

Just had to add to the long list since didn't see my favorite :)

We get the newest WDW cookbook each time we go, and several years ago got great pastel glass character glasses. It's fun when we get the disney blues or particularly bad weather to schedule a Disney meal, great recipes from the resort, one of the vacation propoganda videos and off we go to relive the great trips we've had!!!

Welcome to the DIS!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

And, CONGRATS on your college graduation! :D

We always head to the Christmas store at DD and pick up a souvenir ornament. Many of them can be personalized. It's so much fun at Christmas time when we trim the tree to remember past trips and dream about future ones.

DD(4) last year spent a good portion of her souvenir alotment on a set of 6 princess ornaments that come in a beautiful box that looks like a large book. She took a great deal of time placing each of her princess ornaments on the tree and then rearranging them.

Kaybird,
What a neat idea! I have never seen a wdw cookbook before. Any ideas on where I could order one :) ?

disneyfan551

Thank you for the salutations! By the way, do you know how to get that count down till my next trip on my posts? Does anyone know how to do that?

Hi, we were just down at wdw, and I am wondering what are the fridge photo magnets, are they with pics of different disney characters? I don't remember even seeing them anywhere?

Deb.

vald1977 - you can get the cookbooks at TDS, or by calling the WDW Merchandising #. They are great! I've got a few, but it doesn't help me alot, since I don't cook! ;)

ilovebelle - I believe you can learn more about the countdown clock on the Technical Support board. If you don't see it there, let me know & I'll try to find my info. about it.

cottontail - I have seen fridge photo magnets at the Gourmet Pantry in DD. They are like a 3-D character, wrapped around "holding" a little frame. I'm not sure if this is the same ones the poster was discussing, but they are cute!

Oh thanks Tiffany, we never even went in that store, darn it all, cause I have some fridge magnets but those would have been nice.

Deb.

vlad1977: I am a Disney Store Cast Member. The store I work at in Plano, Texas doesn't carry cookbooks anymore. We did about five years or so ago, but we don't have them now. Most of the Disney Stores nationwide carry most of the same products, but feel free to check your local Disney Store anyway.

Tiffany, thanks for the information!:earsgirl:
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 22, 2002 9:45:00 AM CDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=darkblue>Time until my third Disney World trip (Aug 22-28, 2002):earsgirl:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var tzo = (c.getTimezoneOffset() - d.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60;";theFunction += "var diff = ((c - d)/1000) + tzo;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Gotta Love Disney World! ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Had me curious, so did some looking, found several of the cookbooks on Amazon.com

used Disney cookbook as the search. Will have to keep my eye out in the parks now, too. (Much of our trips involve eating :)

Regards,
kaybird

I have so many...where to start LOL

When I was 4 or 5 my mom bought me a Tinkerbelle Costume for Halloween :)

My necklace that my best friend gave me for my 16th birthday when we went on our first trip to Disney together (2nd trip in Aug 2003 for High School Graduation!!)

I always buy those pens or pencils with the Mickey silouette at the top :)

I got a "flying" Tinkerbelle Doll when I was 9 (can u tell Tink's my favourite character?)

I agree that pictures and videos are some of the best FREE souvenirs :)

I bought a silver and gold Mickey watch on my last trip

I always get at least one pressed penny

I also always get at least one ride photo :) (my Tower of Terror one is the funniest lol)

There are too many more to name

My Favs would be

Picture of me DD and DH in matching MM shirts and ears with MM.

A pink t-shirt with ALL the characters on it, very tacky but so much fun. DD has a matching one.

A MM hair scrunchy that has his head, arms and legs. It's cool having Mickey peek over the top of my head.

A MM antenna topper for my cell phone. Oh yea and my MM faceplate for for it too.

Millenium Celebration CD...it never fails to make me smile.

Angela

I LOVE my Millenium Celebration CD, I'm surprised it isn't worn out by now ;)

Does anyone know if Disney makes CD's of the instrumental music played in the parks? (Like the stuff you hear on Main Street, Epcot, MGM etc...) I would especially love a CD of all the music and songs played at Typhoon Lagoon. So does anyone know if they exist?

Just got back 24hours ago--everyone in the family has their own most memorable--
I thought carefully, but then found a selection of colored pencil sketches of Disney characters. Our hotel served "Mickey pancakes" each morning and fittingly I found a Mickey sketch serving Mickey pancakes. Their are many ready made character sketches to choose from (look carefully-- the same drawing may be done with various colors.) At certain times during the day the actual artists are there for custom orders. --The place I located was a shop on Sunset Blvd. at MGM studios.
My son and husband enjoyed collecting pressed pennies throughout the trip. So bring plenty of quarters and "shiny pennies"
We also purchased a few of the photos Disney takes of you while entering the parks.

I first discovered the make your own custom keychains using beads in the gift shops for Pirates of the Caribbean, then later in Disney Marketplace Kiosk (who will take time to put together Mickey's body). I couldn't resist creating keychains for fellow workers, family members etc. It became addicting. Very reasonable- $2 for basic keychain (which you culd really buy black nylon rope and keychain rings at craft store before you left) and the beads are .75 cents each for any size. All sorts of characters and letters. My husband finally asked..do you have to stop at each bead place?? I just noticed some carts had different selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter