• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite thing to eat?

I have to agree with the man who likes the cornydogs at the end of Main Street, but what about Dole whip, over near Indiana Jones? Mmmmmm!!!! :cool1:

What we have eaten so far:
Hungry Bear Restaurant: Chicken burgers and fries. 7 out of 10
Burrrbank Ice Cream: Steamin Chocolate ice cream sundae 10 out of 10.
Red Rockets Pizza: Cheese pizza, 10 out of 10
Taste Pilots Grill: Burgers and fries 8 out of 10 Popcorn Chicken-10 out of 10
Churros, Cotton Candy, Mickey Ice Cream bars 10 out of 10
Goofys Kitchen: Breakfast buffet 10 out of 10 (though I mostly ate dessert!)
Storytellers: Ribs 10 out of 10

It is all good. The servings are huge, we are always throwing out left over fries!!

(FYI-ate at Seaworld yesterday--wayyyy overpriced, and yucky!)

I love clam chowder and crave it often when wandering around New Orleans Square. The corn dog stand in Main Street is WAY better than the Corndog Castle in DCA. I've now tried both. And before going inside the Tiki Room, gotta get a Dole Whip Float, or the $4.50 one. OH! Something worth trying is at Gippeto's. It's those little apple things with the caramel and powder sugar on top. They're awesome! Also, I often split the Countdown Chicken Fusilli at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. One order, one soda, and one cookie, and that's it! I'm a very cheap date. :)

One of my rituals used to be chili and a vanilla milkshake at the Monorail Cafe. I haven't been over to the Disneyland Hotel in quite a while, but I don't think the Monorail Cafe even exists anymore.

It is ALL about the:

Dole whips at the Dole stand in front of the tiki room
Calm chowder in a bread bowl
pickles
turkey legs
and Churros!!!!!

Yum, now i am hungry! :earboy2:

My gosh, Ive been going to Disneyland for so long and had no idea the variety of food there was!!! Now if only I wasn't on this darn diet...

Dole whips are a must-do!!
I like the cobb salad in the Story-tellers cafe in the Grand Californian :)
A waffle-icecream cone dipped in chocolate with mint chocolate chip ice cream from Brrr-bank in DCA sounds sooo good right now..
The chowder in the breadbowl, or a delicious turkey sandwhich from the bread bakery place (can't think of the name) in DCA..

I am going to try the Dole Whip today..... just to see what all the hype is about!! :flower:

Albertan mom said:
I am going to try the Dole Whip today..... just to see what all the hype is about!! :flower:

My favorite concoction there is the pineapple dole whip Float, it's much better then just the dole whip, IMHO :)

Mary626 said:
I like the cobb salad in the Story-tellers cafe in the Grand Californian :)

A few years ago I had one of the best hamburgers of my life at Storytellers Cafe. It was so good it made me light-headed (in a good way).

Mary626 said:
My favorite concoction there is the pineapple dole whip Float, it's much better then just the dole whip, IMHO :)

I agree. :flower: It's so much better than a regular dole whip. I can't wait to have one on Sunday. YUM! :goodvibes

Didn't have time to try one today. But we did try Bengal BBQ.
Liked the chicken one, didnt care for the beef one.

Tomorrow, I get the dole whip!

-Baked Caramel Apple dessert from the Blue Bayou
-Funnel cake

PS: Eat at the McDonald's on Harbor Blvd and not the one in DCA, it's wicked expensive.... $18 for 2 burgers, 2 drinks and 2 fries!!!! :earseek:

Monte Cristo sandwich at Blue Bayou and Clam Chowder in Bread Bowls, I especially like them at La Brea Bakery Express in Downtown Disney.

WatchinCaptKangaroo said:
ceaser salad at red rockets
KIDS chicken strips at White Water Snacks (huge portion)
cream cheese stuffed pretzels

The cream cheese stuffed pretzels sound good! I've never had them, where can I find them??
Thanks!

I never did get my Dole Whip. We were just never in that area at Snack time!
My new favorite would be the Steamin' Chocolate from BrrrBank Ice Cream.
And those wrapped brownies you can find at all the fast food places are really good too!

Daughters fav: chicken strips at La Brea
My fav: Chicken sandwich at White Water or Greek Chicken salad at La Brea
Sons fav: Hamburgers anywhere
Bread bowl at Pacific Wharf was good, go for the clam chowder. Popcorn and churros! Chocolate toffee at Main Street candy store! And since you're pregnant...a big pickle!

I'll add a few of my favorite treats...
Corn dogs at the cart on the end of Main Steet
Chili Dogs at the Refreshment Corner (end of main street) love to listen to the piano whilst I chow my giant chili dog!
Bengal BBQ skewers and bread sticks
Fresh Cotton Candy from the machine near the castle
Mickey pretzels with cheese
Fritters with dipping sauce at the French Market

I am hungry just writing this list!
Have fun eating for two! ;)

We went yesterday, and while we didn't have the usual favorites, I had the chocolate raspberry Jack cake from the French Market. It was good (it's cake! it has to be good...), but what I really should have tried was the deep fried cheesecake... :teeth: If anyone's had that, please let me know how it is! LOL

Oh, I forgot to add on my previous list, I always get a mint julep when we eat at the French Market...

What exactly are fritters and what is the dipping sauce? Also,what is the mint julep like? I know what the alcoholic ones are but can't imagine what it's like virgin. Surprinsingly I've never tried French Market, I might have to try it!

xmelissax said:
What exactly are fritters and what is the dipping sauce? Also,what is the mint julep like? I know what the alcoholic ones are but can't imagine what it's like virgin. Surprinsingly I've never tried French Market, I might have to try it!

The best way I can describe fritters are fried cream puff dough. The dipping stuff is like an apple custard. I'm sure there is a culinary term for it...I can't recall at the moment (I'm not watching enough food network, I guess)

DH describes the mint julep as being carbonated toothpaste. LOL It's like a minty sprite. It's different, and I don't believe you can get Disneyland mint julep anywhere other than NOS. I like it, anyway. :)

We used to eat at the French Market every Friday and watch Fantasmic for about 3 months straight...needless to say, it's been quite some time since we've eaten there... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter