Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

Finally had a chance to watch it...

And sober people are likely to think the new walkers are strung out on something... Remember the face-eating druggie in FL that went viral a while back? Even in a world with zombie fiction that's the place most people's minds would go, not to the actual living dead!

I think it was wonderful how the chaos slowly built in the background without the characters registering it. The missing persons flyers on the wall, the phone in the hospital ringing off the hook, the sirens, the boyfriend not answering texts, all those little things that are such a part of modern life that they don't quite manage to point to a major problem as the zombie epidemic begins. I didn't find the episode slow at all and I'm really looking forward to next week.

I agree with your assessment. Loved the slow build and the background clues.

Depends on what you mean by spoilers. I love guessing and conjecture and even rumors, but if someone has SEEN an episode or something I would rather not know exactly what's gonna happen.

+1

I don't like spoilers. Like if someone has read something about future episodes, and knows a character dies or something, then I consider that a spoiler and would rather not know.

+1

The are filming both in LA & Vancouver so maybe those scenes were in Vancouver.

I usually have a problem with movies set in Boston, not because of location shots. Please stop trying to mimic a Boston accent, most sound ridiculous.

This is so annoying! !! The wife's accent on Ray Donovan is particularly grating. Also on Rissoli and Isles the mom referred to the traffic on I-90. Don't they at least have a Boston consultant? . It's the Pike or the MassPike, in 50 years I've never heard a native call it "the I-90".

Possibly but I got the impression from TWD that this is a global event. Not all countries have easy access for the flu shot. Plus, I wouldn't think someone like Gloria would have gotten a flu shot. Probably not one of her top 10 things on her to do list.

My understanding was that Gloria died because she overdosed on heroin. We already know from The Walking Dead that the virus is in anyone - if you die, you come back as a walker. So Gloria just died, and she turned into a walker because the virus is already in everyone.

The same with Calvin - he died because he was shot, but he came back as a walker because the virus is already in everyone. Everyone who dies from this point on will come back as a walker.

As for the flu shot comments, I think that this is the media's way of "diagnosing" what is going on. People are sick because the flu is going around. No big deal.... right? Because it's flu season and they're expecting people to be sick, society isn't really questioning what is going on. The principal is blaming the decreased school attendance on the flu, but really it's because of this virus (I don't like using that word because I feel like "virus" doesn't really describe what it is) outbreak.

Gas stations signs would not be by the Gallon in Vancouver. We sell/buy Gasoline by the Litre here in Canada. $2.35 a Litre is more than double the current price.

Sadly, $2.35 isn't more than double the current price (paid $1.28 a litre two days ago ;) )

I thought the same thing. Well a young Johnny Depp anyway.

Just something about the way his hair was falling and he was looking so pitiful. I couldn't get it out of my head!

I might be quitting already :( Bad dreams/no sleep last night AND it's the first day of school. I'm sad though, so I might try one more week!

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I loved the slow build of the first week, and now we are rolling with the interesting stuff.
Did Nick fake the seizure to keep his sister from leaving??
Tobias is awesome, do you think we will see more of him? He's a smart kid, the kind that would be handy to keep around!

I really enjoyed the second episode! The build up and watching the confusion as the characters are figuring things out is suspenseful! I thought the daughter was going to leave and go back to the sick guy. (sorry I'm bad at character names. Too early in the show to remember them all.)

Two things I'm thinking so far:

-The "virus" is working and spreading pretty fast. At this rate it's going to be similar to Walking Dead quickly. I hope the show slows the pace a bit or it could get too similar to WD.

-What are the characters going to do now?? They are separated!? No phones. Ugh!!!

And we have to wait 2 weeks for the next show. Yikes.

I really enjoyed the second episode! The build up and watching the confusion as the characters are figuring things out is suspenseful! I thought the daughter was going to leave and go back to the sick guy. (sorry I'm bad at character names. Too early in the show to remember them all.)

Two things I'm thinking so far:

-The "virus" is working and spreading pretty fast. At this rate it's going to be similar to Walking Dead quickly. I hope the show slows the pace a bit or it could get too similar to WD.

-What are the characters going to do now?? They are separated!? No phones. Ugh!!!

And we have to wait 2 weeks for the next show. Yikes.

It was a lot better. This season is only 6 episodes so I don't think they'll get far. I read somewhere (maybe this thread) season 2 will end at the same point Rick was waking up. I don't see this series having the longevity that TWD does. More of a miniseries that will last 3 seasons most, but maybe I'll be surprised and they'll be able to pull it off longer. It will be interesting to see.

I did feel like they escalated the rioting and looting a bit early and I think the mom was not very nice not helping the neighbor. Karma will come back to her on that.

One thing I noted in this series, compared to TWD is there seems to be less blood and gore. When the mom bashed in the head they didn't show anything. If it had been TWD we would have seen the hits and ensuing head smashing and brains all over.

I haven't seen last nights episode yet, but glad to hear that the gore factor is less - and hopefully it stays that way. TWD tends to over do this. Why in the world when they bash their heads in, they continue to swing well after they have accomplished "killing" them.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I loved the slow build of the first week, and now we are rolling with the interesting stuff.
Did Nick fake the seizure to keep his sister from leaving??
Tobias is awesome, do you think we will see more of him? He's a smart kid, the kind that would be handy to keep around!
I think Nick's seizure was real. He was throwing up and convulsing, and if she had not come back in, it looks like he very well could have aspirated on it.

I like Tobias also and was hoping that she was driving him back to her place to join their group. Hope we see more of him.

It picked up a bit this week compared to last week and I'm glad it did.
I did feel like they escalated the rioting and looting a bit early and I think the mom was not very nice not helping the neighbor. Karma will come back to her on that.
I can't blame her. After what she saw, with both the principle and the drug dealer, she knows that this is not something you can just push away and that these "people" are dangerous. Her kids are in the house and she didn't want to risk getting herself hurt or them. I think survival instinct kicks in and people often times take less of a risk because of it. Self preservation.

It was a lot better. This season is only 6 episodes so I don't think they'll get far. I read somewhere (maybe this thread) season 2 will end at the same point Rick was waking up. I don't see this series having the longevity that TWD does. More of a miniseries that will last 3 seasons most, but maybe I'll be surprised and they'll be able to pull it off longer. It will be interesting to see.

I thought I saw the Mom crossing the street to talk to the neighbor as the Dad was driving off to get his Ex and son. Might have to go back and check. I've learned not to delete my recordings right away. :)

We did like the second episode a lot better. The one thing that really bugged me though was that they wouldn't tell the daughter anything. It isn't like she is 5. Tell her why she has to get away from the boyfriend and why she shouldn't go outside (they maybe should wouldn't keep trying it).

We really liked Tobias too. I hope that his character sticks around.

I thought I saw the Mom crossing the street to talk to the neighbor as the Dad was driving off to get his Ex and son. Might have to go back and check. I've learned not to delete my recordings right away. :)

This was at the very end of the episode. The neighbor who was loading his car with supplies and gave a cough foreshadowing his upcoming transformation to a zombie was the one who attacked her.

[QUOTE="Heidict, post: 54340121, member: ]

I can't blame her. After what she saw, with both the principle and the drug dealer, she knows that this is not something you can just push away and that these "people" are dangerous. Her kids are in the house and she didn't want to risk getting herself hurt or them. I think survival instinct kicks in and people often times take less of a risk because of it. Self preservation.[/QUOTE]

I can see that, but I think it gives you an idea of her character. It is what I love about the show seeing who will do right/wrong when there is a breakdown of society. I think that is what was so endearing about Rick in the first couple of seasons of TWD and is now so fascinating is watching him transform so completely.

I loved the seeing the principal attack. When the kid(sorry can't remember his name) tried to stab him through the skull. You get the difference between the beginning when Walkers were fresh & the decayed that are easy to stab through the skull.

I thought this episode was much better, if the keep building like this I will def be all in. I do wish the would do a Talking Dead even if it is just 30 minutes.

Nah, I don't think I'd be going out there. The neighbor could have been already bitten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter