Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

But as far as Morgan's wife, I was under the impression that she was bitten. He clearly thought, when he first encountered Rick, that the bite was what caused people to come back, and the fever/slow death followed by a return is what we saw in those with less severe bites early in the season. If his wife had died from unrelated illness and then came back as a walker I doubt he'd only have been concerned that Rick's wound wasn't a bite; any potential cause of death would be a threat.
I think they all thought it was either a bite or walker blood transfer that caused you to turn until the CDC. That's where Rick was told that everyone is infected and once you die, you come back unless you have a head shot.

With all the comments about flu shots in this show, are these people just not showing up for work, or are people really feeling ill?
I think they are not showing up because A) they are walkers. B) they SEE walkers and are scared and think they're crazy. C) They have heard rumors (like the kid with the knife) and are choosing to stay home. My money is on A, or a combination of all 3.

[QUOTE="I think they are not showing up because A) they are walkers. B) they SEE walkers and are scared and think they're crazy. C) They have heard rumors (like the kid with the knife) and are choosing to stay home. My money is on A, or a combination of all 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with B and C. I think people are seeing some scary things and just staying home and inside to avoid scary stuff or being in danger. It seems like an inner city area so I wonder if there are more sightings of weird stuff since the population is closer together. I think the oddities aren't making the mainstream news yet or being suppressed like the knife kid said. I don't think too many are dead yet because that would mean that it is spreading pretty quickly. It sounds like the writers and producers want to drag it out a bit more to fill more than 1 season showing the eventual decline of society.

The are filming both in LA & Vancouver so maybe those scenes were in Vancouver.

Gas stations signs would not be by the Gallon in Vancouver. We sell/buy Gasoline by the Litre here in Canada. $2.35 a Litre is more than double the current price.

Did anyone else expect to see Danny and Knickie in Greased Lightning on Thunder Road (aka the flood control area thing at the end of the episode)? I wonder how many times that particular area is used for movies.
I absolutely expected that :) :)

Ok just watched again with my son LOL. Took three viewings of the metal detector scene to realize she put the money in his pocket.
The doctor says "there is too much we don't know"
And I was wrong, there were only 3 other people in the church. Two dead guys and Gloria.
In the previews for the coming episodes someone says people get sick they get violent. Which still makes me wonder of the infection affects some people in that way?

In the previews for the coming episodes someone says people get sick they get violent. Which still makes me wonder of the infection affects some people in that way?
Could be. Isn't that how Rick got shot? Those guys in the car were sure acting crazy and violent, but were not Walkers. I didn't get the change bit either the first time :) I'm sure if I watch it again I'll pick up even more stuff!

I wonder if the sick = violent thing isn't just the fact that a person dies and becomes a violent, biting walker. I think it's not in our nature to think that a thing that is walking around is really a dead, zombie thing. So maybe this is their way of rationalizing things saying that sick people get violent.

I wonder if the sick = violent thing isn't just the fact that a person dies and becomes a violent, biting walker. I think it's not in our nature to think that a thing that is walking around is really a dead, zombie thing. So maybe this is their way of rationalizing things saying that sick people get violent.
That's definitely a possibility. I will be curious to see how it plays out. Seems odd that so many kids stay home from school, the one bus only had 5 kids on it, if there isn't something to feeling ill when you get infected. And her boyfriend, I wonder how he is dead already, seems like an abnormal amount of people will have to be dying in order for so many walkers to appear so quickly. It's not like you are going to get shot or bit by a walker if you are hiding inside your house. And it seems a bit early in the breakout for people to have been staying home already, when the news isn't even talking about it yet.
Just things that go through my head LOL, need to just stop thinking and watch and enjoy.

It's probably something as simple as the chemicals they use on the food supply or GMO products. These 2 would pretty much affect everyone on the planet. I can't think of anything that everyone would have exposure to other than the food supply.

It's probably something as simple as the chemicals they use on the food supply or GMO products. These 2 would pretty much affect everyone on the planet. I can't think of anything that everyone would have exposure to other than the food supply.
Flu shot. Everyone is just about forced to get one nowadays and the mom even says that she has gotten hers. The way she said it to the principal stood out to me, but just now thinking about it, maybe that was one of those clues they are always throwing out there that we don't put together til 2 or 3 seasons down the road!

Flu shot. Everyone is just about forced to get one nowadays and the mom even says that she has gotten hers. The way she said it to the principal stood out to me, but just now thinking about it, maybe that was one of those clues they are always throwing out there that we don't put together til 2 or 3 seasons down the road!

Possibly but I got the impression from TWD that this is a global event. Not all countries have easy access for the flu shot. Plus, I wouldn't think someone like Gloria would have gotten a flu shot. Probably not one of her top 10 things on her to do list.

Add me to the list of people that don't mind spoilers!

I also wonder about the flu shot remark. I wonder if the people who didn't get the flu shot would be immune? Like a very small percent that when they die don't turn? Very interesting.

I liked the first episode but it drove me crazy the step father going to the drug den and just walking about and yelling hello. Then he brings the mom back and they walk around together.
Never mind the zombies but what about people hopped up on drugs. That is dangerous too. I was shouting at the tv haha.

And the drug addict son. At the beginning I said to my DH hey they are showing this girl topless!! It took me a while to figure out that wasn't a girl but a guy. That top didn't help haha.
The drug addict son really hits home as my sis is a recovering drug addict. Will keep watching the series as we bought the season on Amazon. But really none of the characters stood
out to me too much. I didn't really like or dislike anyone just kinda meh on them haha

A bit off topic but with the discussion of the virus/plague cause ... I STRONGLY recommend folks check out Y: The Last Man if you like this kind of stuff. It's a 60 issue graphic novel series dealing with an event that instantly wiped out every mammal with a Y chromosome except for one man (and his capuchin monkey). Very smartly written (and very adult / not for kids) and will most likely be adapted for movies or TV at some point ... and the author does eventually explain what happened.

The comments about the flu shot reminded me of a recent episode of The Last Ship - they thought they could find a way (or they did) to distribute the cure to their disease by way of inoculated persons simply breathing on others. So, in TWD, could the flu shot have made the people who received it carriers of this new disease? If so, would there have been time for the disease to spread around the planet before the issue of walkers hit the news?

Possibly but I got the impression from TWD that this is a global event. Not all countries have easy access for the flu shot. Plus, I wouldn't think someone like Gloria would have gotten a flu shot. Probably not one of her top 10 things on her to do list.
True, but hey don't say if EVERY country had it, we just know for sure the major ones did. I tried to youtube where Jenner was talking about the CDC's in other countries but can't find it. Even if it truly was global, it could be the flu shot was the carrier and once a person was infected, then it became airborne and everyone got it. Who knows. We probably never will know but it's fun to speculate!

I was just thinking the flu shot is just more of a, nope I'm good, because they think everyone else just has the flu, they don't know it's more than that at this point.

I just took the talk about the flu shot to mean that everybody thinks this is the flu going around....but it's not. Didn't really link it to a way of spreading the virus or whatever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter