Feb 2020 Thread

Got my FP!

7DMT was the only hard one. I got it at 6:40PM. Oh well. At least I got it.

Splash Mountain wasn’t available on the day it’s supposed to open back up, but I figure we’ll just do standby if it’s actually open and the line isn’t bad. Overall, I’m happy.

Do you guys think the FP system is broken? We were there the first week of December and the FP line for Jungle Cruise was 3x the length of the standby line. It was weird. That said, I booked my FP for my speedy girls only trip in February and was able to get FP for FOP on the day I fly in?!? I am planning two afternoons at the park (Wednesday when I fly in at AK and Thursday at MK). I got all the things I was hoping to FP and I'm honestly shocked. I hope the park is that empty!
This happened to us years back, it does happen. Cancel the FP and choose another, then get in standby...

Can I happy dance here about my SDD FP?! No one in RL seems to care or know what a win this was but on our FP day, the earliest available SDD was 60+4 at 5 PM (the last full day of our trip). I took it because better to have one than none but it made it impossible to decide what else to book that day since it was so late and we'll likely go to another park in the morning. Well I just randomly checked and scored a 10:15 AM on the first full day of our trip!!!! Thanks whoever let that one go!

Can I happy dance here about my SDD FP?! No one in RL seems to care or know what a win this was but on our FP day, the earliest available SDD was 60+4 at 5 PM (the last full day of our trip). I took it because better to have one than none but it made it impossible to decide what else to book that day since it was so late and we'll likely go to another park in the morning. Well I just randomly checked and scored a 10:15 AM on the first full day of our trip!!!! Thanks whoever let that one go!
That is awesome! SDD was the only ride I really wanted to get and the only one I didnt get. I wouldn't go later than 60+3 so now I'm hoping for your kind of luck!

It looks like you need one later than mine but I still have my 60+4 (feb 20th) that I'm going to release in the wild, I'd be happy to coordinate with someone here to try to do it at a certain time if someone wants it!

Got an email from touring plans that most parks crowd levels decreased for Feb 1-6. A couple did increase but majority were decreased. I know they aren’t super accurate but it always gives me some hope for a thinner crowd.

Hello February Alum! Looking forward to our trip (February 17th - 23rd) @ Caribbean Beach! Anyone know of any updates to the February crowd calendar? Looks like a lot of early evening closings, especially at MK! Can't wait!

Crowds will light. I have no doubt of that.

with whats been going on with the drop in attendance its pretty much a guarantee.
Now if they seriously dial back capacity and staff....you still going to wait for things....

Anybody doing anything fun to pass the next month or 2? Besides stalking MDE, I'm working on matching tshirts for the kids and gathering little things for a welcome bag for each. Trying to cut down on the time and money spent in gift shops. Next activity will be making mickey ears, assuming I get shirts done early enough. Need to remember to save time for packing!

@la79al , I'll be stalking website to watch for wait time trends / new info on Rise of the Resistance and Hagrid's. I'm still trying to modify one FP, but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with them.

I had our shirts made in August + tutus for my girls, because it was killing me to have something I could easily do on my check list still waiting. :X I'm glad I did because the holidays blew through, like they always seem to do. Good luck on the mouse ears though! I have yet to try my hand at those.

I've been watching weather trends, too, and I'm still no closer to an answer. The weather is all over the place right now, so I'm stuck deciding what to pack for everyone. Another thing left until the last moment, I suppose.

What are you including in your welcome bags? Our Christmas gift to the kids was a coupon book of things to redeem when we're in Orlando. They're already making plans of their own. :)

I’m all set with all of our FP now. 2 weeks ago I moved 7DMT from 2:35 to 12:45 on our first park day. Then last Saturday I was able to move it up to 12:05 which is right around the time I wanted it for. Last Sunday I moved FOP from 3:05 to 9:05. I normally wouldn’t choose a FP for right when the park opens, but I like the idea of rope dropping NRJ and then using the FOP FP.

Now I’m just playing the waiting game. I’m keeping an eye on park hours to see if anything changes. Also following the blogs to see if any changes are made to the procedure for riding ROTR, or if any new snacks pop up that I might be interested in trying.

I’m having an anxiety attack looking at pictures of crowds today and wait times in the 200s at Animal Kingdom. Shouldn’t it be back to “normal” this week?

I’m having an anxiety attack looking at pictures of crowds today and wait times in the 200s at Animal Kingdom. Shouldn’t it be back to “normal” this week?
I don't know but I made the mistake of looking at a crowd calendar yesterday and I'm seeing our week of 8s and 9s and I'm a little nervous.

I’m all set with all of our FP now. 2 weeks ago I moved 7DMT from 2:35 to 12:45 on our first park day. Then last Saturday I was able to move it up to 12:05 which is right around the time I wanted it for. Last Sunday I moved FOP from 3:05 to 9:05. I normally wouldn’t choose a FP for right when the park opens, but I like the idea of rope dropping NRJ and then using the FOP FP.

Now I’m just playing the waiting game. I’m keeping an eye on park hours to see if anything changes. Also following the blogs to see if any changes are made to the procedure for riding ROTR, or if any new snacks pop up that I might be interested in trying.
Wow, that´s so lucky! I´ve been trying to modify our 7DMT, but I don´t think I´m gonna get any luck with that lol

We arrive the 25th.
OMG WHAAAT? We arrive on the 24th! What crowd calendars are you looking at? I checked Undercover Tourist and it was 5 and 6 tops. Kenny the Pirate crowd calendar is a lot less optimistic.

The week of the 23rd is Mardi Gras week where approximately half of the state of Louisiana visits WDW, and there's a big dance competition that week as well. The last week of Feb should be pretty busy, but the weather will be good, and hopefully they extend the park hours a bit. The weekend before is also a marathon weekend, so some folks stay over that Monday and Tuesday. TP has most dates that week as a 7 or 8 crowd wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter