Feb 2020 Thread

I was able to get FP for my family of 5 for SDD, SDMT, and FoP, just not necessarily the times I wanted, so we'll just keep trying to modify. Well, we'll either modify the FP or modify our own schedules. :)

The week of the 23rd is Mardi Gras week where approximately half of the state of Louisiana visits WDW, and there's a big dance competition that week as well. The last week of Feb should be pretty busy, but the weather will be good, and hopefully they extend the park hours a bit. The weekend before is also a marathon weekend, so some folks stay over that Monday and Tuesday. TP has most dates that week as a 7 or 8 crowd wise.
Oh boy, that´s unlucky lol We´ve never been in February, so I was dreading this... well, at least we got FP+ to all the major attractions, so there´s that. :worship:

I just told my wife the crowd expectations all worried and anxious, and she - always the optimistic and cheerful one - told me "it´s okay, it´s gonna be fun anyway, we´ll be in Disney World after all! better than being at work!". I wish I had more of that mindset all the time. :rotfl:

Oh boy, that´s unlucky lol We´ve never been in February, so I was dreading this... well, at least we got FP+ to all the major attractions, so there´s that. :worship:

I just told my wife the crowd expectations all worried and anxious, and she - always the optimistic and cheerful one - told me "it´s okay, it´s gonna be fun anyway, we´ll be in Disney World after all! better than being at work!". I wish I had more of that mindset all the time. :rotfl:

It's always busy the last couple of years. We've tried to game the crowds and it's just not worth it. When it's not crowded now you have shorter hours and reduced ride capacity in the parks which sucks.

We prefer to go when the weather is good, and the hours might be a little longer. With a solid plan you'll have a great time. We've been when it's been a 3 all the way to a 10, and have had a great time. Yes the busiest of busy days can grate on your nerves a bit, and it's hard to move around, but with a solid plan you can still have a great time.

Late Feb/Early March is the best time to visit in my opinion, and our personal favorite.

It's always busy the last couple of years. We've tried to game the crowds and it's just not worth it. When it's not crowded now you have shorter hours and reduced ride capacity in the parks which sucks.

We prefer to go when the weather is good, and the hours might be a little longer. With a solid plan you'll have a great time. We've been when it's been a 3 all the way to a 10, and have had a great time. Yes the busiest of busy days can grate on your nerves a bit, and it's hard to move around, but with a solid plan you can still have a great time.

Late Feb/Early March is the best time to visit in my opinion, and our personal favorite.
Oh, that´s good to hear!
First trip I went in September and last trip we went late April/early May. In both trips crowds were fine (April/May was the best, we pretty much knocked all of MK in one day lol), so I guess I was a little spoiled lol. This time we´re going in Feb ´cause I decided to go back to Uni at 34 years of age and it´s my summer break (we´re in South America), so it´s pretty much the only time that we found doable (we had the option of going in June/July, our winter break, but I think it would be the worst idea, also we have enough heat as it is, I don´t wanna melt in Orlando!).
I haven´t got experience with big busy days, but that´s what DISboards is for! I´ve been reading and planning for the last 8 months, I´m hoping my plans are gonna be solid enough! :laughing:

Hello All!

Late to the game, but I will be among you wonderful February travelers!
Solo trip to Boardwalk Villas Feb 8th - 15th. I’m loveliness refering to this as the 30 “Ears” Trip because that’s the only way I can say it without a grimace. :rotfl:

This will be my first time for the Festival of Arts and I’m doing a tour so I’m very excited!

I don´t know how many of you have the trip spilling into March, but I just got an alert saying that on March 1st they exchanged the morning EMH for night EMH, 8pm to 10pm, on DHS.
Does that mean the boarding pass system for ROTR will remain? Or those things are not linked?

We are doing DHS the first day of our trip in February and I was never able to secure a SDD FP... Until today! Randomly decided to check in the middle of work and was able to modify my TSM to SDD!!! I've been checking multiple times a day since our FP day :rotfl: It's later than I feel like that's easier to fix, and at least I know I have it now... Just wanted to share with people who would understand!!

I don´t know how many of you have the trip spilling into March, but I just got an alert saying that on March 1st they exchanged the morning EMH for night EMH, 8pm to 10pm, on DHS.
Does that mean the boarding pass system for ROTR will remain? Or those things are not linked?

ROTR isn't open during EMH. I would expect the boarding pass system to remain in place for the foreseeable future.

We are doing DHS the first day of our trip in February and I was never able to secure a SDD FP... Until today! Randomly decided to check in the middle of work and was able to modify my TSM to SDD!!! I've been checking multiple times a day since our FP day :rotfl: It's later than I feel like that's easier to fix, and at least I know I have it now... Just wanted to share with people who would understand!!
Yay!!! Lucky for you! :yay:

ROTR isn't open during EMH. I would expect the boarding pass system to remain in place for the foreseeable future.
Oh, yeah, I know that! I was thinking that not having morning EMH meant they were sticking with the boarding pass system, considering there hasn´t been morning EMHs in DHS since ROTR opened.

Oh, yeah, I know that! I was thinking that not having morning EMH meant they were sticking with the boarding pass system, considering there hasn´t been morning EMHs in DHS since ROTR opened.

I know they had planned for people to be waiting in line for ROTR for hours and had built a bathroom pass system into the queue, so I hope they keep the boarding pass system for a while! I would guess they will keep it as long as the lines are going to stay more than a couple of hours long. Having the ability to have an insanely long line is great, but people standing in line for four hours aren't spending money the way they would if they were out and about! Very long lines aren't good for the bottom line.

I know they had planned for people to be waiting in line for ROTR for hours and had built a bathroom pass system into the queue, so I hope they keep the boarding pass system for a while! I would guess they will keep it as long as the lines are going to stay more than a couple of hours long. Having the ability to have an insanely long line is great, but people standing in line for four hours aren't spending money the way they would if they were out and about! Very long lines aren't good for the bottom line.
Totally agree with you. I hope the boarding system stays for a while, I know it’s an inconvenience for lots of people to have to get to the park so early, but it’s so much better than staying hours and hours in line! Also it’s a lot better for them to keep people moving and buying while they wait for their BG number to be called. It’s a win for them and I expect they’ll hold on to it a while longer.

We go to FL twice a year to visit my inlaws. While we are there we typically do a day trip to Disney Springs or to ride transportation, some kind on "don't need a ticket" Disney activity. So the kids think they have been planning on that again this trip. Tonight we went to Hobby Lobby and they each got stuff to make their own Mickey ears. And as we were making them, I realized that there is little to no chance that my kids will actually wear these, whether they made them or not. I had planned to make several pair for each kid so I'm glad I will be saving myself that time and money!

I’m getting so antsy! My trip’s 2/22-3/2, my first in 10 years AND my first time celebrating my birthday at Disney. I had checked Undercover Tourist’s crowd calendar months back as I was planning and it said 2 of our days during the trip would be a 3, literally on the green side meaning “LOW CROWDS GO GO GO!” :rotfl2:, but I guess fate apparently decided to add a cheerleading competition during this lovely time of year, so now instead of a relaxing stroll through all the parks with my mother (who doesn’t like huge crowds so we tried to specifically avoid them), we might be having issues anyway?

I’m trying so hard to stay my usual optimistic self, especially since it’s only about 6 weeks away now, but it’s tough. I just got over the fact that I’m leaving 2 DAYS before MMRR opens (I wish they had the date just a liiiiiittle sooner, darnit), I’ve been researching the ROTR process for weeks now seeing how to work that into our trip, AND still make sure my mom isn’t too overwhelmed and exhausted while we’re there. All this planning for MY birthday trip no less......happy birthday to me I guess lol

At least I was able to get all the FP+ selections I wanted. Only one I wish I could get to change is a 6pm SDD FP. I’d like that to be earlier. Oh well. I had to get up early on Christmas Eve to do it. So Merry Christmas to myself for that as well. :laughing:

I’m getting so antsy! My trip’s 2/22-3/2, my first in 10 years AND my first time celebrating my birthday at Disney. I had checked Undercover Tourist’s crowd calendar months back as I was planning and it said 2 of our days during the trip would be a 3, literally on the green side meaning “LOW CROWDS GO GO GO!” :rotfl2:, but I guess fate apparently decided to add a cheerleading competition during this lovely time of year, so now instead of a relaxing stroll through all the parks with my mother (who doesn’t like huge crowds so we tried to specifically avoid them), we might be having issues anyway?

I’m trying so hard to stay my usual optimistic self, especially since it’s only about 6 weeks away now, but it’s tough. I just got over the fact that I’m leaving 2 DAYS before MMRR opens (I wish they had the date just a liiiiiittle sooner, darnit), I’ve been researching the ROTR process for weeks now seeing how to work that into our trip, AND still make sure my mom isn’t too overwhelmed and exhausted while we’re there. All this planning for MY birthday trip no less......happy birthday to me I guess lol

At least I was able to get all the FP+ selections I wanted. Only one I wish I could get to change is a 6pm SDD FP. I’d like that to be earlier. Oh well. I had to get up early on Christmas Eve to do it. So Merry Christmas to myself for that as well. :laughing:
I feel you 100%. I didn't actually look at crowd calendars until this week because I keep seeing how unreliable they are and now I'm a little disappointed that it is going to be so crowded. But it's still Disney World and it's still going to be whatever we make of it. I'm also hoping that the cheerleaders have competitions every day and don't actually go to the parks, ha ha. Still bummed that MMRR opens after we leave and still hoping for some kind of soft opening but otherwise the good news is that by our next trip all the hype will have died down and the lines won't be huge! I've given up on ROTR. I'm weighing our love for star wars against our need for sanity and that ride too will be going on the list for next time. Still trying for our SDD FP but not giving up hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter