February 2020

Ok, what is it about 2/8 - 2/15 that just about all the value resorts are sold out? I've checked the touring calendars and the park levels are pretty low that week

Ok, what is it about 2/8 - 2/15 that just about all the value resorts are sold out? I've checked the touring calendars and the park levels are pretty low that week
We have the same dates! The values seemed to go pretty quick, even at rack rate. The main factor is probably President's Day Weekend starting on the 15th. You might have better luck with a split stay.

I can no longer see the pass holder offer at all. Luckily I was able to apply it earlier this morning to my existing reservation but I wanted to see what other options/resorts were available. The website is definitely having issues.

I did not see discounts on mod standards. I wanted to book a single RO night after my package because we'll book early flights. I have three adults in the room, so prices are a little higher than rack rate, but still the prices seemed really high. Well, closer look showed a pirate room or a water view. If I'm going to shell out 300+ for a room, I'm going deluxe. So, after my BWI stay, I'll got AKL standard (around 400 for 3 people on a Friday night) for one night. I'll request a partial savanna view, and then can change my last day's ADR to Boma or Sanaa.

Had a package for CBR, no plans to move to another resort with the discounts.
Staying 9 nights in early February. Went through MDE to change the reservation and apply the discount to my king room --- got a $340 discount.

I'm happy. I was booked at POFQ, but I know in my heart I'm a Deluxe girl and I was going to complain about poo on the walls and hate it. I managed to switch us to AKL for $150 more, which is still well within my budget. Yay! Had it booked on the webpage, but it kept saying it failed. Called in and while I was holding went to look for my confirmation number. I had a new email confirming the change. Their webpage is soooo glitchy. Just glad it all worked out.

I can no longer see the pass holder offer at all. Luckily I was able to apply it earlier this morning to my existing reservation but I wanted to see what other options/resorts were available. The website is definitely having issues.

What was the passholder offer discount?

Could be that this time of year is when there are cheerleading competitions etc. I've heard that they all stay at the value resorts.

I'm happy. I was booked at POFQ, but I know in my heart I'm a Deluxe girl and I was going to complain about poo on the walls and hate it. I managed to switch us to AKL for $150 more, which is still well within my budget. Yay! Had it booked on the webpage, but it kept saying it failed. Called in and while I was holding went to look for my confirmation number. I had a new email confirming the change. Their webpage is soooo glitchy. Just glad it all worked out.

literal poo?

We have the same dates! The values seemed to go pretty quick, even at rack rate. The main factor is probably President's Day Weekend starting on the 15th. You might have better luck with a split stay.
I actually found that if I change to 2/9 - 2/16 then the Pop opens up. Lots of rooms fully booked on 2/8 because of the Marathon that day.

So I just made a new hotel reservation online, it came back and said it couldn’t be made online and to phone. But when I go into my account the reservation is listed. Do I actually need to phone? I don’t have time to sit on hold for an hour!

literal poo?
Ha! I joined the POFQ thread here after I decided to stay there, and Yes...there was a report of poo on the wall at check in. Vomit! I wasn't sure I could take it. I'm sure house keeping problems happen absolutely everywhere, but the poor guy had quite a time getting it resolved. My oldest is disabled, and I tolerate enough poo on the wall at home that I don't want to do that on my runaway vacation with NO CHILDREN!!!

Ha! I joined the POFQ thread here after I decided to stay there, and Yes...there was a report of poo on the wall at check in. Vomit! I wasn't sure I could take it. I'm sure house keeping problems happen absolutely everywhere, but the poor guy had quite a time getting it resolved. My oldest is disabled, and I tolerate enough poo on the wall at home that I don't want to do that on my runaway vacation with NO CHILDREN!!!

I agree. No children NO POO! Good rule haha

Very glitchy. Use a PC and keep going back directly to the offer page. Don’t expect it to pop up

I was using a PC but still nothing. I even called and couldn’t get a discount for any of the Epcot resorts for the first week of February. It can’t be real can it? Even Christmas still has rooms.

I was using a PC but still nothing. I even called and couldn’t get a discount for any of the Epcot resorts for the first week of February. It can’t be real can it? Even Christmas still has rooms.
The hotel may have rooms, there just might not be any left at the discounted rate. They have a limited amount for each discount.

Well no luck for me so far. At Pop Feb 2-7 (Standard room only). Had trouble even getting on this morning, and when I did, room offer no good for any room type. Rack rate showed Standard rooms still available.

Got on at lunch (not logged in) just to look at my dates and now POP showing no rooms rack rate or discount! Glad I've already got my room!

I'm going to keep looking in case things change.

Is it just me or did they jack up the prices, then apply discounts? I'm not seeing anything worth switching from POFQ for (even with AP discounts).

They did indeed
These discounts suck for anyone at a Value Resort
They jacked up the price and then added a discount - savings on a 9 night stay end up being around $160 - and no dates are available

May look to stay off resort instead

Well no luck for me so far. At Pop Feb 2-7 (Standard room only). Had trouble even getting on this morning, and when I did, room offer no good for any room type. Rack rate showed Standard rooms still available.

Got on at lunch (not logged in) just to look at my dates and now POP showing no rooms rack rate or discount! Glad I've already got my room!

I'm going to keep looking in case things change.

We are at pop 2/1-2/8 and have a preferred room...our TA keeps checking for us...but it's not looking good 😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter