February Challenge

Oops! Maybe I said a bad thing. I have a LO from Christmas that says nothing other than Christmas 2004. Pictures of the tree are self explanatory. I counted that page, because it is complete. I know that the next several pages will be filled with Christmas memories and a ton o' journaling, though. I guess in my mind it balances out.

My interpretation of the ruling was that if you still have to go back and journal more, then it does not really count as done. If it's a cover page or something that really does not need more than a title or captions here and there, it's a complete page. JMO

Extrapolating to the computer-generated with no journaling, that did not seem comparable to me. Again, JMO.

Please don't think I'm a scrapping Nazi!

Any of you that's been here longer than I want to see if I'm anywhere near the right interpretation? In other words, please help before I stick my foot down my throat any further!

I always counted pages that were done. My alphabet book done in November did not have journaling, but I counted those pages. Those were completed pages. I know that people do the pages and later journal, those are not completed pages until they're journaled, IMO.

The CG pages should have it's own challenge, IMO. Not to mention, what good is the prize package to a CGer?

I am up to 15 pages for the month. Not great or close to my goal, but I'm plugging along.

another 4 pagesd one1
woo-hooo
finished the one I started -
and my new Basic Grey paper came in so I HAD to stay up til midnight getting another 2 pages done!
so thats 30!
more than I soped for the month! :cool1:

Well.... I've been a busy little bee! I just counted this morning and I have a total of 34 pages done, including journaling!! Yeah me! And the month isn't over yet!

As far as the journaling goes.... I used to be a bit anal about completing a two page layout at a time. I wouldn't go on to the next layout until the ones I was working on were COMPLETELY DONE, including titles, journaling, etc. But it was slowing me down. Now I do about 6-8 pages (3-4 two page LOs) and then I do the journaling for all of them. Then I move on to the next "batch". It seems to work well for me (but I am still slow!)..........P

I am sad to announce that I never finished any more pages this month :guilty:
We are leaving tomorrow night for Disney :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc
and i have lent all my supplies to a friend so that is it for February. The good news is that I will have another memory card full to scrap from this trip so I should be very busy March and April! :bitelip:

Good Luck to everyone participating! :wizard:

WOOHOO!! I got six more pages done yesterday, so I am up to 40!!! And I have a few more pages "in the works" But I won't get anything done today, as I got called to work. I'm so excited that I got so much done this month. Maybe I will be caught up someday! :rotfl: Okay... maybe not.... but at least I'm making progress................P

I worked on a couple more pages last night but they're not completed so I'm not going to count them yet. Not like I'm anywhere in the top 5 for pages completed anyway! . :flower: Going to a crop night tonight and hoping to get a few pages done. It's going to an instructional class and we're working on Christmas pictures but I guess I can still count them altho right now I'm so focused on the Orlando vacation album from last year! Then the Cruise ship inspection albums.....then maybe I can start back on our family albm....never ends!!
Stayed tuned for a new number!!
Karen

I am so completely confused right now. What I'm gathering is that what is being said, and I may be reading this wrong too so someone please clarify, is that in order for us to count pages done on the challenge they need to be journaled? I don't journal every page because I don't feel I need to. Usually when I am working on a book it's a specific event (right now anyway) and when I have a day of something - for example a day on our cruise when we went to Tulum - I journal either at the beginning of the set of pages or at the end but I don't journal every single page. I just don't like to and don't like the look of that.

So does that mean my pages aren't complete?

Cruise04 said:
I am so completely confused right now. What I'm gathering is that what is being said, and I may be reading this wrong too so someone please clarify, is that in order for us to count pages done on the challenge they need to be journaled? I don't journal every page because I don't feel I need to. Usually when I am working on a book it's a specific event (right now anyway) and when I have a day of something - for example a day on our cruise when we went to Tulum - I journal either at the beginning of the set of pages or at the end but I don't journal every single page. I just don't like to and don't like the look of that.

So does that mean my pages aren't complete?

I'm thinking your pages are done when you are done with everything you are going to put on them. If you are like me and leave the journaling for last, then the pages aren't done until I go back and journal. But if there is nothing more to be added - then they are DONE!

Joan :teacher:

That's what I thought too. I do have a book that I did the pages except for the journaling (have the boxes all ready) but just haven't had a chance to go back and journal and I assumed that was not a completed book because it just doesn't look complete because those boxes are blank.

Thanks for the clarification.

I did 9 more pages - that gets me to 33 - I'm done with this book!

:cool1:

Just need to put the pages in the coverset, the page protectors on, and put it on the bookshelf!

While I won't win for this month, I am so super proud of my accomplishments from last weekends crop. My monthly total is 27!! Since I've not seriously scrapped yet this year, this is a great deal for me. I've got things set up very good right now too so maybe I'll get a few more added on too.
Lisa
Tiger Fan aka The Great Tiger

Well.... I finished 5 pages today! And I have FINALLY (drum roll please) COMPLETELY finished both 2002 WDW albums!! I have had them 99% done since last September, but have had a mental block with the final two pages of my son's album, as well as a title page for them both. Well.... I bit the bullet this week and FINISHED THEM!!! All done, fini, complete, ENDED!! :cool1: I am so excited to be done with them (especially since I want to do our 2004 WDW trip before our DL trip this summer!). I don't love the last two pages of my son's album, but at least I can say they are done. And I made a cute pocket page for all the extra "stuff". And I LOVE how my title pages came out. I did the same one for both albums (DS and DD's). I kind of scraplifted an idea from twopeas and made it my own. It was VERY time consuming today (basically took me 4 hours to do two pages), but I LOVE THEM!! So I am up to 45 for this month! Astonishing!.......P

I did 4 more pages tonight to bring me up to 38 for the month. I also put down 2 pages more but need to journal so I will finish those tomorrow (these are not included in the 38).

I figure I have about 4 more pages and I should be completely down with the ceremony part of the wedding book and that will leave me with just our honeymoon to finish. I won't finish it by the end of the month unless I go scrapping nuts tomorrow and Monday but I will finish it by the end of March like my New Years scrapping goal :):)

Pjlla-
That is so great you finished your Disney trips.

I have 4 trips to scrap and 2 more trips this year I will have to scrap. Won't be happening for a while because darn it if CM won't put out a 12x12 Disney album. I can't use the 7x7 album, not when I took 256 pictures this last trip ;) I may have to get the pages and wait for a coverset. UGH the frustration ;)

well I got another 4 done
all from the BH sketches :goodvibes
I also got two pages almost done in my cj - i just wasnt to tweak them a little before I amil them Monday...
hopefully today!
:)

diznygirl said:
I did 9 more pages - that gets me to 33 - I'm done with this book!

:cool1:

Just need to put the pages in the coverset, the page protectors on, and put it on the bookshelf!

Grrrr! I screwed up - put some photos in the wrong place, missed some pics..... worked all last night to fix the problem. Resulted in 6 more pages in two different books - but the problem is solved. The books are done - and I'm exhausted. :crazy:

39 and that's probably a final.

pjlla - congrats on finishing your books. :wave2:

I'm up to 22 and I think that will be it for the month. If I don't work tomorrow I might get some more in, but not enough to matter.

I did 4 more today so that puts me up to 42 for the month.

Tomorrow is the last day and I hope to kick out 2-4 more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter