Festival of the Lion King closing????

hakunamomtata

Disnerd Extraordinaire
Okay - help me out here. I was just checking the refurb list for our dates to make sure our resort pool wasn't added (I get paranoid about that lol) and noticed .... FOTLK is closing in May!? Did I miss something!?

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/refurbishments-closings-walt-disney-world-universal-orlando/

My 2018 resolution was to get rid of all my social media - no facebook or IG for me, so I have been in the dark about alot of things. Was this some kind of big story that I missed???

Your link isn’t working for me. If it’s closing, it is probably just for a refurb. It is way to popular for Disney to actually “close” it. I also find it surprising that it would close since DAK is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year.

They do periodic quick refurbs of the seats, probably refinish the floor in there, etc. I wouldn't worry - there have been no rumors that it's closing down permanently. They just built that whole new theater to make room for Pandora - can't imagine they would shut it down after spending all that money on a new space. Plus, it's still super popular, and a nice place to get out of the sun and cool down! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter