Festival of the Lion King to close in January

Oh no! :simba: Relocating it is one thing, but to shut it down completely is just wrong.

Guess I'd better make sure I see it in October, just in case.

I agree...we missed it on our last trip in January, however I am making sure not to miss it on our upcoming trip :goodvibes.

So, when they were looking at the AK map to find a place for Avatarland, did someone accidentally put their coffee cup on top of Dinoland? How else was Dinoland spared?

Oh No! FOTLK is the best show on property! We will miss it so much. As far as Avatar goes, we enjoyed the movie, but are not that excited about the addition to AK. It seems to be Disney's effort to make up for not going with the Harry Potter theme.

Harry Potter wouldn't have made sense in Disney - Avatar has more common ground with Disney than HP .... and thats coming from an HP fan!

Since nobody else has mentioned this...

How do we know this is actually going to happen?

I'm allying myself with skepticism and I'm hoping this isn't true, I really wanted my mom to see this next year.

Who is the official source?

Explains why the show was very weakly performed last week when I went. Wow, let's see I go over to AK in the summer and do EE, the Safari, watch Nemo and LK, and ride Dinosaur because DD wants to. Love the trails, but way too hot in summer to do them. Maybe every 3 years or so when I go in the winter or spring...oh oops stopped going to WDW for every vacation as the expeience is getting less and less. I believe it is going to take more than Avatarland to get me back.
Planned correctly I can be in and out of AK by noon with takeout from Yak n Yeti still hot on plates in my AC'd OKW Villa.

Every time we have gone to see it the place is packed. IMHO FOTLK is a better show than Nemo.

Nooooooooo!

Well, I'm at least glad that I am going next month and will be able to see it one last time...

I always have to wonder when something with this much impact is pending
why there is only one source announcing it.

Ack! I'm glad we're going in December then because I've never seen it and want to. :eek:

I always have to wonder when something with this much impact is pending
why there is only one source announcing it.

You mean sort of how Disney handled the whole Test Track closure/refurb?

It's an awesome show and does draw lot of people to it. Very say to see it go it the rumors are correct. Like so many of our favorites it may be just a memory.

Rumors fly around there boards like a wildfire out of control, most burn themselfs out, but there's alway a few that survive. I'll believe it when the Disney announces it.

This is a very popular show. I can't believe there want a better plan in place to keep this show running.

Makes me wonder if the Avatar plans have been recently overhauled.

I too, will go with just a rumor, until we hear for sure. I will however, be very saddened if it does. We absolutely love the show! And like a previous poster, our needing to go AK will be dimished more. As it is, we are usually done by noon, now with one less thing, we may skip it altogether on some trips.

From Screamscape this morning:

Confirmed - (8/10/12) The latest buzz from the Rhinos is that the Festival of the Lion King show is expected to close in January to make way for Avatar. The long term plan is to move to into a new theater somewhere, but it sounds like the show will close down completely long before this happens.

:sad2: No, say it isn't so :sad:
That is one of our favorite shows in WDW

I had just read this. It does not say forever, it says completely before it likely relocates.

"Confirmed - (8/10/12) The latest buzz from the Rhinos is that the Festival of the Lion King show is expected to close in January to make way for Avatar. The long term plan is to move to into a new theater somewhere, but it sounds like the show will close down complete long before this happens. "

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter