Final details GS swap

I'm heading to the post office in an hour and sending these priority, which is good because I didn't think I'd even finish them until tonight.

Sorry for any delay I may have caused, was not intended.

Thanks
Chris

Franne,

I received your toppers today. I love the way you incorporated the brown for Brownies, green for juniors and the blue for cadettes.

Great, I'm glad you liked them and picked up on that! I was hoping everyone would get it! Don't forget the Daisy :)
Franne

Items were due today. I have still missing a few. Cruise04, I will probably get yours today. I will pm those I have not heard from.

Sue

Seniors have gone to more of a khaki. Ooops sorry, got this mixed up -that's Cadette's that have gone to a khaki.

Right - Cadettes are khaki and light blue, Seniors khaki and dark blue. Of course trying to get girls that age into the traditional uniform is down right impossible. Mine generally choose jeans and shirts in the proper color along with their sash/vest. Except for my Honor Scouts and then the only time they will get into anything resembling a uniform is when they are at an Honor Scout event - so they wear a traditional green...so pretty in polyester as they say! :rotfl:

Deb

I thought that blue is no longer the color. When I bought my daughter her vest, they said to make sure it would fit for 6 years because they wear the khaki for cadette and senior. She told me that blue isn't the right uniform anymore because too many girls wouldn't wear it. (LOL like they'd wear the khaki??)
Franne

Actually if you want to get technical it's not even Cadettes and Seniors anymore, it's Girls 11-17 and they are all khaki. The Blues are gone as far as vests and sashes go. The difference in the khaki vest for "Cadettes" and "Seniors" is that Seniors have a zipper front and Cadettes don't have a closure on their vest.

The shirts are also a bit more distinct that they wear under their vests/sashes - Cadettes are a light blue and Seniors can be an off white. But there is no more distinction due to the combination now of 11-17.

http://shop.girlscouts.org/frames.asp?cartID=6D5823A6&store=uniformshop&page=

lewdyan1 said:
Thank goodness were still Brownies, we wear...brown :teeth:

ROFL, this is the first I am hearing of this....I wonder why we are so behind. My girls are still cadettes/seniors...or I guess now girls 11-17. :goodvibes You'd think they would have informed us of this. :rolleyes1

My tags will go out tomorrow Priority. I decided that they didn't seem quite enough, so I stamped some additional scouting images on white cardstock so that you could color them in the colors that you really need and make them into additional tags or squares. I'm glad I did after reading about all the color changes. It looks like Juniors have gone khaki too!?! Dd only has one more year in Juniors - I'm not buying a new uniform. She can get a new one when we bridge. Well, maybe one of the new t-shirts (if she will really wear it).

Sorry for mailing it at the last minute.

Jeanne

Just don't try to call my girls "Older girls 11-17". They have told anyone and everyone involved in Girl Scouts that can hear them that they are Seniors (or Cadettes when they still were). That supposed "research" that national is using to support this most ridiculous of program changes they have ever attempted had a bit of a flaw...it didn't include any GIRL SCOUTS! It was done primarily with middle school girls (yea, like we don't already know they don't want anyone to know they are associated with the group) who were NOT in the program. :rolleyes: (How many eyerolls can I actually do with that?)

Right I knew the uniforms were khaki - the blues in the pants, sash, etc left along time ago. It was the shirts I was referring to. The white for Seniors must be another, more recent change. And all of my girls have sashes rather than vests anyway.

Deb

Please don't tell me that THAT is what they are going to be called!?! :guilty: How non-organization is that?

Jeanne

Franne,

Haven't you heard of Studio 2B??? That's what girls 11-17 are in now. It is a way of being in scouts without having to say you are in scouts. I guess for some they do not want to be affiliated with the scouting term as it makes others think they are still doing crafts and "little girl" things. Not sure about your girls (I know how Deb's feel), but mine do not care for the S2B stuff. It's not scouting. I have 8th grade girls they still like camping, scrapping, doing actvities with younger girls, and community service. None of that is in S2B. Not that my girls wouldn't love to sit around and talk about boys and school (They don't because I have a homeschooler), but they just want to be together as a group. None are friends outside of scouts (except DD and one other) so this is there time to connect and have fun.

Back to the swap, I received Cruise04's items - and they are oh, so adorable. The other two are to go out today so I should have them by Friday. I will swap them out this weekend and get in the mail on Monday if all goes according to plan. Deb, I will get you yours next week. Hopefully Monday. I'll let you know.

I would like to know what kind of GS you all have at home. Deb, Franne and I have cadette's/seniors. What about everyone else?

Sorry Sue, didn't mean to highjack the thread. Monday probably isn't good to try and catch me. I have one class ending over the weekend and MUST have final projects graded and final grades in by noon! :guilty: Then a long presentation session with another class and as soon as that group of students is finished I am flying off campus to get the last minute stuff picked up and get over to the sight of Andrew's Court of Honor. By Tuesday I am totally prepared to have a brain that is complete mush! But I will be there then!

Deb

WDWMom said:
Franne,

Haven't you heard of Studio 2B??? That's what girls 11-17 are in now. It is a way of being in scouts without having to say you are in scouts. I guess for some they do not want to be affiliated with the scouting term as it makes others think they are still doing crafts and "little girl" things. Not sure about your girls (I know how Deb's feel), but mine do not care for the S2B stuff. It's not scouting. I have 8th grade girls they still like camping, scrapping, doing actvities with younger girls, and community service. None of that is in S2B. Not that my girls wouldn't love to sit around and talk about boys and school (They don't because I have a homeschooler), but they just want to be together as a group. None are friends outside of scouts (except DD and one other) so this is there time to connect and have fun.

Back to the swap, I received Cruise04's items - and they are oh, so adorable. The other two are to go out today so I should have them by Friday. I will swap them out this weekend and get in the mail on Monday if all goes according to plan. Deb, I will get you yours next week. Hopefully Monday. I'll let you know.

I would like to know what kind of GS you all have at home. Deb, Franne and I have cadette's/seniors. What about everyone else?

I know about Studio 2B but my girls are not in the least interested in that. They think it's too babyish with the charm bracelet and all. I didn't realize with that came a change of name for the levels. We still refer to them as "older girls" or cadettes or seniors. Mine still like the camping and all the community service too :)
Mine are now seniors and cadettes (it's a mixed troop) plus I have another troop of 2nd year juniors who just earned their bronze award!! :cheer2:
Franne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter