Finally getting to see the lights! Nov '11 Anniversary/Holiday/F&W PTR-New 11/4 p50

DisMomAmy

DIS Veteran
Hello! I’m very excited to share this super special trip with all of you!

Who are we?
021c1e6b.jpg

597f4654.jpg

I’m Amy, a 37 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 15th trip to Walt Disney World, which is very appropriate since my DH & I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary at the World!
d7ad24a9.jpg

My DH, Tim, is a 37 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends a lot of time away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World.
100_3867.jpg

These are our boys (yes, they’ll be coming along to help us celebrate):
967286e6.jpg

Alex, 10, is a 4th grader who loves soccer, basketball, swimming & game shows. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS/Autism Spectrum Disorder just after his second birthday. He is an amazing kid who has come so far to overcome many of his challenges.
100_4307.jpg

898_4332.jpg

Zach, 7, is a 1st grader who loves karate and art. He is a very kind and sensitive boy. He was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome when he was six. He is also an amazing kid who works hard to deal with his challenges.
af12bdab.jpg

100_4051.jpg

The Dates:
We’ll be at Disney Tuesday 11/8 – Sunday 11/13. Possibly visiting family in the Tampa area Saturday 11/5 – Tuesday 11/8!

How this trip came to be:
Tim & I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on 11/9/11. We’ve always talked about taking a trip away from the kids… but child care circumstances are preventing that from happening this year. We talked about getting away for maybe just one night in Boston or doing nothing at all. But we stuck the planning for that trip on the back burner as we were just a few weeks away from our annual trip to Florida - we were going to spend three nights with Tim’s brother, Jeff, then 7 nights at the Sheraton Vistana Resort visiting the parks every day.

Sometime in late January or early February I received a pin code from Disney! That got me thinking… the kids have a half week of school around our anniversary due to Veteran’s Day & a teacher in-service day. Of course the pin code was blacked out for the week the kids could be pulled out of school but we own a timeshare and could easily stay off-site again. I threw the idea out to my Tim & he seemed OK about it. He knows how much I’ve always wanted to see the Osborne Lights
Photo snagged from allears:
fa4389fc.jpg

And visit the MK during the holidays
4b5fbc74.jpg

So he told me to go for it – but I wasn’t sure I believed him so I put it on the back burner again…

We spent 2/24 – 3/6 in Florida and the trip was just OK. We had one sick-ish kiddo (not too sick to tour the parks, but sick enough to be irritated by everything) and things started to seem routine after five trips in five years. I had also had two weekend trips with friends during the previous five months so maybe I was Disneyed-out! :scared: Tim had given me the green light to plan a fall anniversary trip so I thought we should upgrade his & the boys’ park hoppers to APs… but by the last day I was so down I wasn’t sure another trip would be a good idea – so we left Disney without upgrading the tickets! :headache:

After reflecting on the trip and thinking about how we would need to change things up the next time around, I got more and more excited about a trip to Disney in November. The week we were looking at is the last week of F&W.
dfb7fee6.jpg

It will also be the first week of MVMCP & hopefully the beginning of the Osborne Lights. A perfect time to visit. :thumbsup2 So the planning has begun! :banana:

Stay tuned... there's a lot going on this month including making ADRs, purchasing airfare. Plus lots more!!

Can't wait to hear your plans! I find it just impossible to not be planning a trip now since I've been back from the first one. I'm already thinking about next year, and this summer is still coming up...:eek:

Can't wait to hear your plans! I find it just impossible to not be planning a trip now since I've been back from the first one. I'm already thinking about next year, and this summer is still coming up...:eek:

:welcome: I think I would go crazy if I weren't planning at least one trip at any given time! :laughing:

I'm going to jump over & check out your report!

I'm in Amy! I have been twice in November and think it's the perfect time to go to Disney. :goodvibes Very happy to be along for the ride again!

I just checked your final thoughts on your TR & now I am here.

DH & I will be there from 10/26-10/29.

:welcome: I think I would go crazy if I weren't planning at least one trip at any given time! :laughing:

I thought that was me...:rotfl:

Happy to join in once again for another fun DisMomAmy and family trip :thumbsup2

we'll have lots in common w/ yours and mine PTR---both 15 yr anni trips...both going during F&W and both going during a Holiday season!

looking forward to all your planning fun it will bring some memories back of our Nov trip last yr!

Jules

Are you sure you want to go that week? I heard a rumor that 3 loud and crazy gals from NH will be there for the weekend! :rotfl2:

I'm here, we always had a great time going during those dates :banana:. You will love all the Christmas stuff. I can't wait to read about your plans!

I'm in Amy! I have been twice in November and think it's the perfect time to go to Disney. :goodvibes Very happy to be along for the ride again!

I'm really excited to try a new time of year. We've been in the fall/October but November with the holidays starting will be a whole new thing for us. :thumbsup2

I just checked your final thoughts on your TR & now I am here.

DH & I will be there from 10/26-10/29.

Hi Doreen!! Too bad our trips don't overlap... but I'm sure I'll see you in April!

I thought that was me...:rotfl:

Happy to join in once again for another fun DisMomAmy and family trip :thumbsup2

we'll have lots in common w/ yours and mine PTR---both 15 yr anni trips...both going during F&W and both going during a Holiday season!

looking forward to all your planning fun it will bring some memories back of our Nov trip last yr!

Jules

:rotfl: You are definitely the best at long-term Disney planning!

Are you sure you want to go that week? I heard a rumor that 3 loud and crazy gals from NH will be there for the weekend! :rotfl2:

Uh oh... I guess I'll have to cancel our trip! :laughing: I hope we get to cross paths but we'll be doing the family thing while you get to do adults-only touring. :thumbsup2

I'm here, we always had a great time going during those dates :banana:. You will love all the Christmas stuff. I can't wait to read about your plans!

I'm so excited - I've always dreamed of visiting Disney during the holidays and now I get to do it!! :dance3:

Am I in time to make Page 1?? Can't wait to get this party started! :cool1:

Sadly....no, but first on page 2 will have to do!

I'm really excited to try a new time of year. We've been in the fall/October but November with the holidays starting will be a whole new thing for us. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited - I've always dreamed of visiting Disney during the holidays and now I get to do it!! :dance3:

You'll love it. The Christmas trees and the window displays are beautiful. I am glad you are getting to experience Disney World during the holidays.

You'll love it. The Christmas trees and the window displays are beautiful. I am glad you are getting to experience Disney World during the holidays.

Hi MeMom!! I'm curious to see how many decorations we'll see... I don't think the resorts, Epcot or AK will be decorated yet. I'm really only expecting to see a Christmasy MK & the Streets of America at DHS to be decorated with lights. I'm not even sure the rest of DHS will be decorated yet.. :confused3 Anything beyond that will be an added bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter