FINISHED!! Thanks for Playing!! ~ Paint Can Partner Swap Disney Theme

Here's my questionnaire:

All Time Favorite Disney Character: Mickey, of course

Favorite Princess: Ariel

Favorite Villiain: Cruella

Favorite Hero: Simba

Favorite Animated Movie: The Lion King

Favorite Non-Animated Movie: Enchanted

Which do you prefer Disneyland or Disneyworld: Since I've never been to Disneyland -- Disney World

How many times have you been to either or both: DL-0; DW - 6

First Disney Memory: Seeing the castle for the first time when I was 9 -- pure magic!!

Favorite Disney Memory: the look on my oldest DD face when Cinderella called her "Princess Madison" during her first WDW trip.

Favorite Ride: Soarin

Kids: 3

Girls/Boys/Ages: DD - 14; DS - 11; DD - 9

List your Disney Carts: Just the Mickey Font -- I use scal more than carts

Disney Cuttlebug Dies/Folders: Mickey and Minnie faces

Disney Carts/Folders wish list: none -- I'd rather use Reddy's files for free ;)

Whats your scrap style: hmmm -- not sure I have one. I guess somewhere between basic and over-the-top. I love cute embellishments, but the focus should be on the pictures.

12x12 or 8x8: 12x12

Rachal - if you need someone to even out your players, I can help you out. If not, that's ok also. I don't want to throw things off at all for you. I'm all good now since I am done with the holiday swap and almost done with my MK swap. That's all for the time being. :thumbsup2

ok...you can go ahead and put me in. I will fill out my info a little later tonight. We are starting this week, right?

Here's my info...

All Time Favorite Disney Character: Goofy or Tink

Favorite Princess: Snow White

Favorite Villiain: Cruella or Queen of Hearts

Favorite Hero: Not sure?? Maybe Mr. Incredible

Favorite Animated Movie: Bug's Life

Favorite Non-Animated Movie: The Goonies

Which do you prefer Disneyland or Disneyworld: World

How many times have you been to either or both: Land - 0, World - 7

First Disney Memory: The character bus in Epcot when I was 11

Favorite Disney Memory: The family magic tour...when Peter Pan held Logan on his lap to watch Philhamagic and Wendy sat with Lexi talking the whole time :love:

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Kids: yep...3

Girls/Boys/Ages: James - 15, Lexi - 12, Logan - 7

List your Disney Carts: All but the Pooh font

Disney Cuttlebug Dies/Folders: Ummm....only the golf accessories I think...

Disney Carts/Folders wish list: anything I don't have I guess

Whats your scrap style: hmmmm....pretty bulky, glittery...love love love ribbon!!

Also, will you be listing all the challenges so we can work ahead if possible or would you rather we just stay on a weekly basis? I'm excited!! Oh, and are we not posting pictures as we work so everything is kept a surprise? Thanks Rachal...really looking forward to it!

ok...you can go ahead and put me in. I will fill out my info a little later tonight. We are starting this week, right?

Awesome!! and Welcome!! And Yes we will be starting on friday.

Ok Ladies, I will get names put in a hat and draw partners. Looks like we will be snowed in tomorrow as well. So maybe I will be ahead of the game here :cool1:

Ugh....snow!! We are to get about 2" tonight then more in Saturday. I actually wouldn't mind a good storm to snow me in and allow me the time to scrap the day away! I'd need a major storm to really KEEP me in though! LOL We are due...haven't had it yet!

Question on the can...I am going to run to AC Moore and check there. Gallon plain can...and we decorate Disney style HOWEVER we want? Or, are there specific decorations...besides the obvious fitting to our partner? Also, we do the handle also? Saw some ribbons on examples. Sorry...just want to get this right since it's a first!

And, not sure if I asked earlier....are we keeping everything a surprise or are we posting pix of challenges?

I bought my can at Lowe's last week, so I'm ready to get started!!!!

Rachal - I will be gone from morning until the night tomorrow. So, I will not be able to check in on the challenge and/or partner situation until late tomorrow night. I just want you to know so you don't think I totally disappeared for the swap on the first day! We are to get snow starting midnight tomorrow through Saturday, so I will be stuck in here to work on these!! Hoping I have stuff here to get started...I'm sure! I will check in early tomorrow before heading out just in case there are any updates.

Ugh....snow!! We are to get about 2" tonight then more in Saturday. I actually wouldn't mind a good storm to snow me in and allow me the time to scrap the day away! I'd need a major storm to really KEEP me in though! LOL We are due...haven't had it yet!

Question on the can...I am going to run to AC Moore and check there. Gallon plain can...and we decorate Disney style HOWEVER we want? Or, are there specific decorations...besides the obvious fitting to our partner? Also, we do the handle also? Saw some ribbons on examples. Sorry...just want to get this right since it's a first!

And, not sure if I asked earlier....are we keeping everything a surprise or are we posting pix of challenges?

However you want to decorate it. But it must be in the style your partner will like. :) It will have to look nice and be something that you are proud to give as a gift. Handle/ribbon will be up to you. if it looks good and goes with your theme then for it. I turned my can into a saving for Disney bank so I didn't do ribbon on the handle.

Great question because I was just going to address that. :) You can take pics of your projects as you go or at the end. But please do not post them on the thread, part of the fun is the surprise that you get at the end. However I would like you to post pics of the can you receive and post them on the thread for us all to admire. :lovestruc

I bought my can at Lowe's last week, so I'm ready to get started!!!!

:thumbsup2 I need to get out to Tacoma to get mine. But seeing as there is too much stuff on the roads not gonna happen any time soon. Will have to get one ASAP though.

Rachal - I will be gone from morning until the night tomorrow. So, I will not be able to check in on the challenge and/or partner situation until late tomorrow night. I just want you to know so you don't think I totally disappeared for the swap on the first day! We are to get snow starting midnight tomorrow through Saturday, so I will be stuck in here to work on these!! Hoping I have stuff here to get started...I'm sure! I will check in early tomorrow before heading out just in case there are any updates.

Thanks for letting me know. DD and I are working on partners right now. and will get it posted soon. Hopefully there will be no more power outages. :sad2:

Oh no!! Sorry you are having power issues...I was wondering because you guys are getting hit pretty hard with the snow, right? I had a cup of coffee (which I generally never drink) so I'm still up...figured I'd hang out for a while and try to set up the rest of my MK swap titles in SCAL. Good luck. I'll stay on for a while and see if you get the partners posted. Will it still be tomorrow for the challenge or will you post that tonight also? I am planning to stop at AC Moore while in the area of the hospital tomorrow. I can grab some supplies then. If not, it'll work out I'm sure! :thumbsup2

Oh no!! Sorry you are having power issues...I was wondering because you guys are getting hit pretty hard with the snow, right? I had a cup of coffee (which I generally never drink) so I'm still up...figured I'd hang out for a while and try to set up the rest of my MK swap titles in SCAL. Good luck. I'll stay on for a while and see if you get the partners posted. Will it still be tomorrow for the challenge or will you post that tonight also? I am planning to stop at AC Moore while in the area of the hospital tomorrow. I can grab some supplies then. If not, it'll work out I'm sure! :thumbsup2

Wacky on the time stamps!!

Yup, snow, ice, snow, more ice not sure when it will end. It does say that its supposed to warm up to the low 40's tomorrow. but not sure if I'll go out even then due to all the crazies that will be out since they have been stuck in the house all week. I havent even been to work, although i was expected too. EVERYTHING is shut down and roads are a mess, no one wants an apartment. :sad2:

Yup just getting ready to post partners and maybe the challenge. If i dont have to break up another kid fight. Too many days in the house....... :headache:

All Time Favorite Disney Character: Tink

Favorite Princess: Tiana

Favorite Villiain: All of them?

Favorite Hero: Does Flynn Ryder count?

Favorite Animated Movie: Toy Story or Finding Nemo

Favorite Non-Animated Movie: Narnia Series

Which do you prefer Disneyland or Disneyworld: Disneyworld, but have done Disneyland way more times

How many times have you been to either or both: WDW 3, DL, 8

First Disney Memory: Riding Pirates the first time I went in 1987

Favorite Disney Memory: Most of our Christmas Trip, cant wait to do it again!

Favorite Ride: Tie between Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Haunted Mansion

Kids: 4

Girls/Boys/Ages: 3 DD's 11,5,4 and 1 baby DS

List your Disney Carts: All of them

Disney Cuttlebug Dies/Folders: I think all that they had

Disney Carts/Folders wish list: Anything new

Whats your scrap style: Simple, not to busy, not too many embellies, sometimes just pattern paper and pictures no mats. :)

Ya!! I am ahead of the game!!!

Partners Posted in Post #2

Challenges will be Posted in Post #2 as well.

I have PM'd out those questionnaires that aren't posted on the thread. Any questions please PM me.

Also if everyone can please PM me their contact info that would be great. This way if you arent on when your partner is ready to send I can get them your info. Thanks Ladies!!!

Challenge #1:

4 Titles
Standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, or altered CD.

Please Embellish with. Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Most cans are only about 9 inches tall but you can do a larger one and place inside the can around the side. Does this make sense?

Thanks Rachal! Planning to get these done in our snow storm tomorrow!! I will send you my info now (if the computer gets moving a little quicker)...otherwise, late tonight when I get back home!

Hi
Are we allowed to ask questions of our partners such as if they are working on something in particular in their books, maybe they are lacking in pieces for Adventureland or a certain resturant?
I know that the surprise is in what they get but are wish lists ok?
I am so excited for who my partner is and hope to do a really nice job!
I think this is going to be fun and challenging!:hippie:

yay, this is going to be fun!

Hi Dacky, excited we are partners!!!

Rachal - can we start our paint cans too, or are we to wait?

and our titles can be anything Disney right? have some ideas already of what I want to make!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter