• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Trip to DL - solo (COMPLETE) new link p.43

No TJ's is not like Chipotle. It's a big Mexican restaurant. Although we've never done the outside taqueria, maybe that is more like Chipotle, not sure!

I'll have to check it out for sure. I'll probably do the taqueria, I don't do too many sit downs on my solo trips. Not that I'm against them, just don't like to tip if I don't have to :rotfl: like to save my dollars for souvenirs.

The cake was very dry and the frosting wasn't very good. But it was about 2 years ago so maybe it's better! I'm spoiled, we have the best cupcake shop 10 minutes from my house!!!

��

Hmmm, I don't like dry cake. I know exactly what you mean, it's hard when you've already found the best place.

Too bad you're not planning on coming back within a year, otherwise that AP would be perfect for you.

....or maybe you'll love it so much that you will! :banana:

Believe me, I already thought of that possibility! Problem is I don't think I could get back except in the summer, and I really don't like to deal with summer crowds. This has been just like researching for the cruises, I know I'll love it and I know there'll be another trip. :)

No! Seriously? That's a total bummer. Haven't been on the DL boards in a long time apparently. I remember my dad taking me and my brother to those early in the morning, while my mom took her time getting ready up in the room. That's too bad. Well, if you have a chance to get over there, it would be cool to check out the pool and lobby area. Since it is the first Disney hotel after all :)

I'll definitely go over and check out both the other hotels. The waterfalls did look beautiful, I didn't find out why they took them out. Those sound like very nice memories :)

It would be easier for us to leave him with my mom or his mom, but if they're unable to, we will. And you're so sweet but it would just be easier for us to come to you. Plus, I wouldn't mind walking around DTD!

No worries, just wanted to put that out there :)

I definitely think this is one of the places you should hit up. The seating outside is really nice and shaded, and fun to people watch.

I think it's a definite.

That's right I remember you didn't like the MK parade :lmao: I don't remember which parade they have right now at DL. Soundsational perhaps? Or I could be dating myself:blush:

That Move it Shake it Celebrate it is just too much for me! :rotfl: I like new things though, will try to catch the one at DL. We're both too young to worry about dating ourselves :goodvibes

I don't think they'll ever be a better pretzel than the one at AK :thumbsup2

Would you believe I haven't tried the one? I love that there's always something else on the list.

Great idea. Maybe even day of check-in?

I think that might be a fabulous idea! Pool time, explore the resorts, then have a relaxing dinner. Sounds perfect.

I believe so! Oh another cool place with treats is over in Critter County behind the Winnie the Pooh ride called Pooh's Corner. It's a big gift shop that has a candy counter and they have some great stuff. I always make a stop in here for a tigger tail when we go.

I'll definitely put that on the list right now, thanks!

Haha I know! Are you going to Target for your shopping?

I need an actual grocery because I want to get some fruit. That's really all I need, fruit and diet Mountain Dew. I was just going to stop at the first one I saw.

I couldn't remember if you ate it or not.

I know it's a sad thing. Lobster looks so tasty!

That Move it Shake it Celebrate it is just too much for me! :rotfl: I like new things though, will try to catch the one at DL. We're both too young to worry about dating ourselves :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure it's not at DL anymore:cool1:

Would you believe I haven't tried the one? I love that there's always something else on the list.

Really? I'm shocked considering how much you enjoy a good pretzel.

I think that might be a fabulous idea! Pool time, explore the resorts, then have a relaxing dinner. Sounds perfect.

This sounds like my ideal day!

I need an actual grocery because I want to get some fruit. That's really all I need, fruit and diet Mountain Dew. I was just going to stop at the first one I saw.

Have you already mapped out your route to the GCH? Are you getting a GPS or using your phone?

I'm pretty sure it's not at DL anymore:cool1:

You mean it was at both places? :faint:

Really? I'm shocked considering how much you enjoy a good pretzel.

I've never seen where they're sold. People rave about them I know that much.

This sounds like my ideal day!

The more I think about it you're right, I shouldn't push it too much on the first day. I don't want to be exhausted starting off.

Have you already mapped out your route to the GCH? Are you getting a GPS or using your phone?

I was just going to use the phone. I plugged it in already, looks simple enough.

Man! I didn't even make the first page! :sad2:

I'm here! I hope that we have a fun day together!

I have some very exciting news, I just booked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for next Thursday.:cool1:

So my Thursday now looks like this

9/5 Thursday:

-EMH at DL 9-10 am
-Parks open at 10:00
-Walk in Walt's Footsteps from 2:30-5:30
-DL closes at 7:00
-DCA closes at 8:00

Alison recommended it and the big draw for me is going inside Walt's apartment. I think that will be a surreal moment to say the least. The regular price is $109 but DVC got me a 20% discount making it $87.20. There was also a 9:30 tour but this way I can have a relaxing morning and hopefully get in a few rides. She tried to sell me on the Fantasmic! dessert package but I didn't want to spend another $60. Hopefully I won't regret that.

I have some very exciting news, I just booked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for next Thursday.:cool1:

So my Thursday now looks like this

9/5 Thursday:

-EMH at DL 9-10 am
-Parks open at 10:00
-Walk in Walt's Footsteps from 2:30-5:30
-DL closes at 7:00
-DCA closes at 8:00

Alison recommended it and the big draw for me is going inside Walt's apartment. I think that will be a surreal moment to say the least. The regular price is $109 but DVC got me a 20% discount making it $87.20. There was also a 9:30 tour but this way I can have a relaxing morning and hopefully get in a few rides. She tried to sell me on the Fantasmic! dessert package but I didn't want to spend another $60. Hopefully I won't regret that.

Awesome! I've never taken the tour but have always wanted to, just for the sole purpose of going into his apartment. How exciting and looking forward to hearing all about it.

I've never done the F! dessert package, however, I hear it's worth the money. It gets INSANELY crowded trying to watch F! in that area. Watch, once you get to DL and see Frontierland and how small it is, you may change your mind. The best way to view F! is with the dessert package. You have your own section seated slightly above the rest of the crowd and have some amazing desserts and hot chocolate (not sure if they offer hot chocolate in Summer?) Just get there really early if you want a good spot because you'll be standing behind a lot of tall people and/or people with kids on their shoulders.

Went back and looked at your schedule.

PLEASE tell me you're going to see World of Color at DCA!?! It is my absolute favorite show of all Disney shows. It gives me goosebumps just listening to the music on my iTunes account. :hyper::cloud9:

I've heard amazing things about the monte cristo here. Have only had the one at the Blue Bayou and loved it!

Alison loves this place! I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

The Monte Cristos are the same at the Blue Bayou and Café Orleans, but they don't have the cheese one at Blue Bayou.

Brennans is awesome, maybe you should go there the first night! :thumbsup2

More and more I'm thinking Cafe Orleans is a definite. So many places, so little time.

Yummy! Hopefully it's a better parade than the one at WDW, I don't like that one :rotfl:

I don't think I'll do a full meal, just too pricey, but apps and a dessert sounds delicious.

I don't have enough time. Maybe I shouldn't stop for any groceries :laughing:

We love café Orleans, that's an awesome place, if you do one sit down that would be a great one.

It's the Soundsational Parade, I don't know how it relates to WDW, I haven't really watched any there.

Napa Rose would be a great first night place too!

You should get your fruit and Mtn Dew, otherwise, the one thing I say about DLR is that there is not enough time to eat at all the great places they have there!

I would suggest that you go to the Ralph's on Sepulveda just outside the airport. it's huge and has a great selection. Once you get to Anaheim there aren't nearly as many great grocery stores close to DL.

It's the Soundsational Parade, I don't know how it relates to WDW, I haven't really watched any there.

I would suggest that you go to the Ralph's on Sepulveda just outside the airport. it's huge and has a great selection. Once you get to Anaheim there aren't nearly as many great grocery stores close to DL.

Oops sorry Pam. Thought there was another parade going on. Maybe it's different?

Alison, what about Food 4 Less on Katella right down the street from Disneyland? We went there for water and some snacks and it wasn't bad!

Oops sorry Pam. Thought there was another parade going on. Maybe it's different?

Alison, what about Food 4 Less on Katella right down the street from Disneyland? We went there for water and some snacks and it wasn't bad!

The produce at Ralph's is usually better than Food 4 Less, when Fran's father was draining all our pennies with the caregivers, I used to shop there. It certainly isn't bad, but it's not as good as a full market. The Food 4 Less produce is usually with a lesser "use by" date than Ralph's.

It's totally cool for non perishables and water and stuff. I don't tend to buy much meat there either.

I'm in! Great plans Pam! How exciting! Shame they don't do ME at LAX not enough volume I guess. Be more flexible with a car though. Oh wow re seeing Walt's apartment during the tour what a great bit of advice from Alison and how nice you are meeting up with Alison and Fran and others.

It's probably really naff for you guys being American but we really enjoyed The Californian Pizza kitchen. Yum!

Look forward to hearing more!

Paula

Awesome! I've never taken the tour but have always wanted to, just for the sole purpose of going into his apartment. How exciting and looking forward to hearing all about it.

I agree, everything else on the tour will be extra, so looking forward to seeing his apartment. Sadly they don't let you take photos though :(

I've never done the F! dessert package, however, I hear it's worth the money. It gets INSANELY crowded trying to watch F! in that area. Watch, once you get to DL and see Frontierland and how small it is, you may change your mind. The best way to view F! is with the dessert package. You have your own section seated slightly above the rest of the crowd and have some amazing desserts and hot chocolate (not sure if they offer hot chocolate in Summer?) Just get there really early if you want a good spot because you'll be standing behind a lot of tall people and/or people with kids on their shoulders.

When I was on the phone booking the tour I found out there is a 10:30 showing Saturday as well as the 9:00 one. If its too crazy Friday at the 9:00 I'll wait until the 10:30 on Saturday. Hopefully after the fireworks there will be less people vying for a spot.

Went back and looked at your schedule.

PLEASE tell me you're going to see World of Color at DCA!?! It is my absolute favorite show of all Disney shows. It gives me goosebumps just listening to the music on my iTunes account. :hyper::cloud9:

Oh yes, WoC is an absolute definite. It's showing every night so I'll be able to see it a few times hopefully. I looked into a dinner package but I'm just going to get an FP in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter