First Trip to DL - solo (COMPLETE) new link p.43

Brennans is awesome, maybe you should go there the first night! :thumbsup2

I just had the thought I could go there for lunch first thing, but they only serve the coconut cream pie for dinner. I love coconut cream pie!

We love café Orleans, that's an awesome place, if you do one sit down that would be a great one.

I think I'll end up with a few, there's just too many places I want to try.

It's the Soundsational Parade, I don't know how it relates to WDW, I haven't really watched any there.

I'm not the biggest parade fan, ok, not at all. But I'll stop and watch it for a little while.

Napa Rose would be a great first night place too!

popcorn::

You should get your fruit and Mtn Dew, otherwise, the one thing I say about DLR is that there is not enough time to eat at all the great places they have there!

Ive found I never eat enough fruit on vacation, so I'm going to plan on fruit for breakfasts, that way I'll get in my vitamins and not fill up on pastries and things.

I would suggest that you go to the Ralph's on Sepulveda just outside the airport. it's huge and has a great selection. Once you get to Anaheim there aren't nearly as many great grocery stores close to DL.

Thanks, that'll be great. Is it in view or hidden? I'll just plug in Ralph's first and head right there.

I'm in! Great plans Pam! How exciting! Shame they don't do ME at LAX not enough volume I guess. Be more flexible with a car though. Oh wow re seeing Walt's apartment during the tour what a great bit of advice from Alison and how nice you are meeting up with Alison and Fran and others.

It's probably really naff for you guys being American but we really enjoyed The Californian Pizza kitchen. Yum!

Look forward to hearing more!

Paula

Thanks for coming over Paula :)

We have a California Pizza Kitchen here in Maryland, I've never eaten there though.

I can't believe I'll be there in a week, I'm so excited! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks for coming over Paula :)

We have a California Pizza Kitchen here in Maryland, I've never eaten there though.

I can't believe I'll be there in a week, I'm so excited! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I bet re excited! Will you be able to update from your trip?

I bet re excited! Will you be able to update from your trip?

I'll be taking the iPad so should be able to do a recap of the day if I think about it. Just no pictures until I get home to the computer. I never bought something to put the SD card into the iPad.

Oh yes, WoC is an absolute definite. It's showing every night so I'll be able to see it a few times hopefully. I looked into a dinner package but I'm just going to get an FP in the morning.

Awesome! I've never done the dining package and have always had a great viewing spot. I've even shown up a couple minutes late and got a spectacular view from the non-FP part in the back. :thumbsup2 I hope you really love this show:)

I'll be taking the iPad so should be able to do a recap of the day if I think about it. Just no pictures until I get home to the computer. I never bought something to put the SD card into the iPad.

Oh lovely! Updates will be great :-)

Btw I use my iphone to take pics when put then they sync with the cloud with my ipad. Very handy!

Ive found I never eat enough fruit on vacation, so I'm going to plan on fruit for breakfasts, that way I'll get in my vitamins and not fill up on pastries and things.

Thanks, that'll be great. Is it in view or hidden? I'll just plug in Ralph's first and head right there.

You can also request a blender from the front desk to make your smoothies.

Awesome! I've never done the dining package and have always had a great viewing spot. I've even shown up a couple minutes late and got a spectacular view from the non-FP part in the back. :thumbsup2 I hope you really love this show:)

You might even get a view of it from your room!

Oh , and definiteky see the later F! Show. If you are waiting on the sidelines for the first show to end. The best place to watch is from the bridge over pirates. Ill show you Wednesday.

I just looked at where Maryland is in USA on map ( thank goodness for ipad ) gosh that must be quite a long flight to LAX. Not as far from UK lol. It was 12 hours for us I think. How long is it for you?

Even better Pam :thumbsup2

I just looked at where Maryland is in USA on map ( thank goodness for ipad ) gosh that must be quite a long flight to LAX. Not as far from UK lol. It was 12 hours for us I think. How long is it for you?

I'm not Pam (obviously :lmao:) but I fly into Maryland from LAX once a year, or try to. It's about a 5 hour flight to Maryland and about a 5 1/2-6 hour coming back to LAX. Definitely not as long as your flight! Good grief. One year, hopefully, i'll be able to make it to the UK...well the real UK, not the Epcot one:rotfl:

Congratulations on booking A Walk In Walt's Footsteps. I would love to get a peek at Walt's apartment. Is this also the tour that includes a ride on the Lilly Belle? If it is not, I strongly recommend getting to Disneyland for rope drop one morning and heading straight to the Main Street Train Station to check if the Lilly Belle is running that day and if they have any openings. This still remains one of my most magical experiences.

I am not normally as parade person, but I love Mickey's Soundsational Parade.

I love World of Color. I have only seen it in the park once, but I have enjoyed it from the comfort of my balcony on a few occasions. VGC also has an observation deck that has a fantastic view of World of Color.

Corinna

Excellent, glad there's still places in the back with a good view. It looks amazing, I'll be shocked if I don't love it.

You can also request a blender from the front desk to make your smoothies.

Thats a great idea, thank you so much :)

Oh , and definiteky see the later F! Show. If you are waiting on the sidelines for the first show to end. The best place to watch is from the bridge over pirates. Ill show you Wednesday.

I've been silently hoping to get that view. :3dglasses

So it's probably like the second parade at WDW, most people start leaving after the fireworks? I'll plan on the 10:30 show. I'll check on Friday and maybe can see it twice.

Congratulations on booking A Walk In Walt's Footsteps. I would love to get a peek at Walt's apartment. Is this also the tour that includes a ride on the Lilly Belle? If it is not, I strongly recommend getting to Disneyland for rope drop one morning and heading straight to the Main Street Train Station to check if the Lilly Belle is running that day and if they have any openings. This still remains one of my most magical experiences.

I have a reminder about the Lilly Belle in my notes from when I read it in your TR, definitely on my list :) I don't think the tour includes it.

I am not normally as parade person, but I love Mickey's Soundsational Parade.

Ok, I'll give it a try. Some of them are just too cheesy for my liking.

I love World of Color. I have only seen it in the park once, but I have enjoyed it from the comfort of my balcony on a few occasions. VGC also has an observation deck that has a fantastic view of World of Color.

Corinna

Thanks for the info about the observation deck, I didn't know that.

FYI and I know a lot of people like it but we did not like Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. At all. I hope your experience is better. We tried it for the first time last week. :sad2:

FYI and I know a lot of people like it but we did not like Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta. At all. I hope your experience is better. We tried it for the first time last week. :sad2:

I won't waste the calories then. :) thanks for the tip! Lots of other places to try popcorn::

Thanks Pam! Definitely didn't see this! Will read about all the fun next time I sign on. Hopefully today. Gotta work all night tonight, so I go in late. I want to start getting myself together now for my 24 hour shift. :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter