Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I tried to book the 16th at 7 am but it was already showing as Reservation Unavailable. At 7:09 it was open again and able to book but very glitchy. It is still open now so I am not sure what was going on at 7 am.

Same thing happened to me. Got a little worried

FWIW, I've crossed this bridge twice. For each, with trepidation, I cancelled the reservation for one park and immediately rebooked as Both Parks. Good luck!
Thanks to both of you for your advice! It seems so crazy that you have to cancel and then rebook and hope for the best. Is it possible if you have already entered the park on a one park only reservation, but during that day, “both parks” becomes available, that you can change to “both parks” after you have already entered your one park for that day?

I was searching the Flex Pass thread and couldn’t find it...if it’s our first time using our Flex pass tomorrow morning (arriving to our hotel tonight), can you go right to the turnstiles and get a paper ticket first to activate our Flex pass from my phone and enter the park or do we need to do the ticket booth to get actual plastic card before we can enter for the day? I was thinking we could even go to the ticket booth tonight to get our passes to save time in the morning...is that possible even though it’s not the first day we enter? Thanks! Beyond excited for our trip!

I was searching the Flex Pass thread and couldn’t find it...if it’s our first time using our Flex pass tomorrow morning (arriving to our hotel tonight), can you go right to the turnstiles and get a paper ticket first to activate our Flex pass from my phone and enter the park or do we need to do the ticket booth to get actual plastic card before we can enter for the day? I was thinking we could even go to the ticket booth tonight to get our passes to save time in the morning...is that possible even though it’s not the first day we enter? Thanks! Beyond excited for our trip!

Any of the options you have listed are possible (pick up tonight before your visit, enter just using the phone tomorrow and pick up later or pick up physical passes in the morning before you enter). At some point you will probably want to go to the ticket booth and get your physical passes so might as well take care of it this evening, especially if you were already thinking of heading to DTD for dinner or some such and have time. Lines often aren't too bad at the ticket booths in the evening which might be another reason to get it done now. You can do everything with your pass on your phone as far as gate admission but you will need the actual plastic card for discounts (though you can still get the AP dining discount if you mobile order from an account that has an AP associated with it).

Any of the options you have listed are possible (pick up tonight before your visit, enter just using the phone tomorrow and pick up later or pick up physical passes in the morning before you enter). At some point you will probably want to go to the ticket booth and get your physical passes so might as well take care of it this evening, especially if you were already thinking of heading to DTD for dinner or some such and have time. Lines often aren't too bad at the ticket booths in the evening which might be another reason to get it done now. You can do everything with your pass on your phone as far as gate admission but you will need the actual plastic card for discounts (though you can still get the AP dining discount if you mobile order from an account that has an AP associated with it).

Perfect, thank you...that was exactly what I was wondering! I definitely will try it tonight then so we have it since we have dining reservations starting tomorrow too and I want to make sure we get our AP discount. I appreciate the info about ticket booth lines!

I looked through the thread for a while, but with 49 pages, I couldn't cover it all, and didn't see the answer to all my questions. I am getting a one day pass on November 16th, and while I am there I want to upgrade to a Flex Pass. (My first AP!!!) What is the best way to upgrade while there? Do I have to go out to the ticket booths, or can I do it in park? I'm nervous (from some other threads) about re-entry if I go out to the ticket booths, since there will probably not be any reservations left that day (a Saturday). My ticket has MaxPass added. If I don't add Maxpass to my Flex pass (I haven't decided yet) will I lose my MaxPass for the rest of that day? Also, we have a dinner reservation in-park, and of course it would nice to get the AP discount on that dinner. If I upgrade before then (in the app or at the ticket booth?) will I have something to show that I do have an AP at that point? Not necessary, but of course it would be nice to take advantage of that. I am so excited about this, but want to make sure I don't mess it up!

I am sure others will chime in with the best way, but I would just order it now. You will be able to reserve dates immediately. And then that day, go to the gate when you arrive and get the card and you are good to go. They will reset the first day of your flex pass to that first day you use it. The 16th is currently available. We just made flex reservations for that day. Have fun! The flex is our first AP too. So far!!! We love it!

Attachments

• BC043AC4-F31D-4064-8796-14B0A2CB9537.png
    BC043AC4-F31D-4064-8796-14B0A2CB9537.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 4
I am sure others will chime in with the best way, but I would just order it now. You will be able to reserve dates immediately. And then that day, go to the gate when you arrive and get the card and you are good to go. They will reset the first day of your flex pass to that first day you use it. The 16th is currently available. We just made flex reservations for that day. Have fun! The flex is our first AP too. So far!!! We love it!
I already bought the tickets (4 of us are going that day), and just recently decided to upgrade mine to a FlexPass... I'm really excited for this next year though!

I looked through the thread for a while, but with 49 pages, I couldn't cover it all, and didn't see the answer to all my questions. I am getting a one day pass on November 16th, and while I am there I want to upgrade to a Flex Pass. (My first AP!!!) What is the best way to upgrade while there? Do I have to go out to the ticket booths, or can I do it in park? I'm nervous (from some other threads) about re-entry if I go out to the ticket booths, since there will probably not be any reservations left that day (a Saturday). My ticket has MaxPass added. If I don't add Maxpass to my Flex pass (I haven't decided yet) will I lose my MaxPass for the rest of that day? Also, we have a dinner reservation in-park, and of course it would nice to get the AP discount on that dinner. If I upgrade before then (in the app or at the ticket booth?) will I have something to show that I do have an AP at that point? Not necessary, but of course it would be nice to take advantage of that. I am so excited about this, but want to make sure I don't mess it up!

Personally, I wouldn’t take the risk of reservations not being available after you upgrade. I ended up stuck outside the parks with my family inside after I upgraded. There were reservations available, but the reservation system wasn’t working on the website and in the app (this was only a few days after they started selling these passes).

If you’re fine with not getting the dining discount, you can just upgrade at a booth on your way out or you can upgrade in the app and pick up your plastic pass next time you go. You can use the app to get into the parks, you will also receive your AP discount when using mobile order for food, you just won’t be able to use your AP discount at restaurants (without mobile ordering) or for merchandise without the plastic pass.

If you do decide to upgrade while still in the park and don’t add Maxpass to your AP, you should still retain your Maxpass... Perhaps someone else can chime in with that scenario.

Personally, I wouldn’t take the risk of reservations not being available after you upgrade. I ended up stuck outside the parks with my family inside after I upgraded. There were reservations available, but the reservation system wasn’t working on the website and in the app (this was only a few days after they started selling these passes).

If you’re fine with not getting the dining discount, you can just upgrade at a booth on your way out or you can upgrade in the app and pick up your plastic pass next time you go. You can use the app to get into the parks, you will also receive your AP discount when using mobile order for food, you just won’t be able to use your AP discount at restaurants (without mobile ordering) or for merchandise without the plastic pass.

If you do decide to upgrade while still in the park and don’t add Maxpass to your AP, you should still retain your Maxpass... Perhaps someone else can chime in with that scenario.
Thanks. The discount for the meal isn't necessary, obviously, if it would mess up our day. What time do the ticket booths close? We're planning to close down the park :-/ I wish I would have figured this out before I bought my ticket, haha! :) If the ticket booths are closed when we leave, can I still update in the app if it's before midnight? Would that be the safest option, you think? We are out-of-state, and this trip is for my daughter and her best friend (who's never been) and her mom, so I don't want to ruin any part of our day!

Thanks. The discount for the meal isn't necessary, obviously, if it would mess up our day. What time do the ticket booths close? We're planning to close down the park :-/ I wish I would have figured this out before I bought my ticket, haha! :) If the ticket booths are closed when we leave, can I still update in the app if it's before midnight? Would that be the safest option, you think? We are out-of-state, and this trip is for my daughter and her best friend (who's never been) and her mom, so I don't want to ruin any part of our day!

You shouldn’t have any problem upgrading in the app. Just upgrade in the app and, if a ticket booth is open and the line is short, pick up your plastic pass on the way out. If not, you can always pick it up next time you visit.

You shouldn’t have any problem upgrading in the app. Just upgrade in the app and, if a ticket booth is open and the line is short, pick up your plastic pass on the way out. If not, you can always pick it up next time you visit.

I'm not sure if anything's changed but at least when we got our tickets upgraded in September this was not a quick process... we were at the front of the line but still had to wait a long time and we figured out why once it was our turn, it was just a long slow process. For us it was well over a half hour once we got to the window, although we were getting six passes, but it still involved a lot of questions, a lot of writing, a lot of stuff being entered in and printed out and written on and then getting another person to sign off on something and enter things in and the original person coming back and doing more writing and questions and entering stuff in. If I only had one day and was with others I would probably pass and come get the card another time.

I'm happy to pick the pass up another time, if I won't have trouble upgrading in the app. Has anyone done it that way?

I'm not sure if anything's changed but at least when we got our tickets upgraded in September this was not a quick process... we were at the front of the line but still had to wait a long time and we figured out why once it was our turn, it was just a long slow process. For us it was well over a half hour once we got to the window, although we were getting six passes, but it still involved a lot of questions, a lot of writing, a lot of stuff being entered in and printed out and written on and then getting another person to sign off on something and enter things in and the original person coming back and doing more writing and questions and entering stuff in. If I only had one day and was with others I would probably pass and come get the card another time.

I think it’s dependent on how many passes you’re getting, whether or not you’re doing a payment plan, and the CM that is processing the APs. If you are picking up passes under a payment plan, it’s a WAY longer process than just paying for the passes outright. If they have to change the expiration date on the pass, that takes longer. When I upgraded two one-day passes, it only took about 10 minutes at the window to pick them up. But I have definitely heard of it taking way longer.

I think it’s dependent on how many passes you’re getting, whether or not you’re doing a payment plan, and the CM that is processing the APs. If you are picking up passes under a payment plan, it’s a WAY longer process than just paying for the passes outright. If they have to change the expiration date on the pass, that takes longer. When I upgraded two one-day passes, it only took about 10 minutes at the window to pick them up. But I have definitely heard of it taking way longer.

I paid in full, but they did have to adjust the expiration date... I think that always needs to be done if you purchased the tickets previously, no? Even 10 minutes though feels like a long time to me with everyone waiting for just a one day trip, however not too bad when park hopping if the lines are short and can just catch up with others later I suppose... mainly I just wouldn't want anyone thinking it's as quick as say getting a ticket for the first time when you go through the turnstiles. I know I was glad I was prepared for it to take awhile... although it still exceeded my expectations, heh.

How busy do y’all think it will be on November 1? It’s a Green Day for Flex Pass, but I know Dapper Day is Sunday, November 3. When do the crowds start for that? My girls are in private school and we don’t have school that day so I thought about driving up for the day, aiming to arrive at rope drop. But I’m gun shy after our Columbus Day trip. 😂🤪🤦‍♀️

How busy do y’all think it will be on November 1? It’s a Green Day for Flex Pass, but I know Dapper Day is Sunday, November 3. When do the crowds start for that? My girls are in private school and we don’t have school that day so I thought about driving up for the day, aiming to arrive at rope drop. But I’m gun shy after our Columbus Day trip. 😂🤪🤦‍♀️
My daughter is out of school that day, too, and so is a friend’s kid (not public schools), so we’ll be there!

I don’t think it will be super crazy since it’s between holidays - unless public schools scheduled their in-service days that Friday, too?

My daughter is out of school that day, too, and so is a friend’s kid (not public schools), so we’ll be there!

I don’t think it will be super crazy since it’s between holidays - unless public schools scheduled their in-service days that Friday, too?

Our district’s elementary schools have a minimum day that Friday, but the older kids will be in school all day. I’m guessing the following Friday will be more crazy as we’ll have no school due to parent teacher conferences, and the holiday season officially starts at DLR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter