Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Question about hotel discounts that are available when you have the Flexpass. Can anyone tell me the approximate discount (%) from the listed room rates? I was just on the official web site and checked on the rates for Disneyland hotel for 9/13/2020 - 9/17/2020. Its an average rate of $498/night. What would it be with annual pass discount? That may factor into the decision to get a pass.

The discount is not offered year round and there is no set discount. Lately, it’s been “up to 25%” plus a FP for all registered guests and a $20 dining voucher. The AP hotel discount will often be offered at the same time as a non-AP promo. The discounted room price is often times the same, there’s just the added FP and dining voucher bonus. I haven’t seen any AP hotel discounts offered outside of a time when a non-AP promo is being offered lately, but I don’t follow the hotel discounts that closely.

Question about hotel discounts that are available when you have the Flexpass. Can anyone tell me the approximate discount (%) from the listed room rates? I was just on the official web site and checked on the rates for Disneyland hotel for 9/13/2020 - 9/17/2020. Its an average rate of $498/night. What would it be with annual pass discount? That may factor into the decision to get a pass.
Agree with @kristensideaoffun, and you probably already know that it is almost always Sun - Thu if they are offering discounts during the days of your stay

I also agree with above. Do NOT use room discounts as part of your justification or calculations when deciding whether or not to buy an AP.

There was a time when AP room discounts were a thing but that time seems to be gone. Now AP hotel “discount” just means some FastPasses and/or a small dining certificate on top of the same promo rates offered to the public (and that’s only when there’s a promo and for days the promo is valid).

I just downgraded our Deluxe AP’s to Flex not a week ago, after carefully stalking the schedule for months. The first date we tried to reserve was gone within seconds, or Disney put a block on it. We always go Veteran’s Day weekend and Saturday was already full the minute it became available. I’ve seen sometimes dates open back up so I’m going to keep checking but man that sucks. :-(
All of Veteran’s weekend is currently open. Reserve away!

Don’t know if it’s a glitch but not showing any blocked days right now everything is available.444529444530

Last edited:
Don’t know if it’s a glitch but not showing any blocked days right now everything is available.
Maybe it is a glitch? Weird thing is when I just checked every Saturday and Sunday all the way into the first two weekends of November are showing blocked (even the Friday’s that are not good to go days). Let’s hope a glitch!

This is how it looks on the app as of 7:39am pacific time. For both parks

Attachments

• 9B60D550-2B72-468F-BED5-FF8A12ECB935.png
    9B60D550-2B72-468F-BED5-FF8A12ECB935.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 63F66070-31F6-4A1D-A0E3-6DFD319E7867.png
    63F66070-31F6-4A1D-A0E3-6DFD319E7867.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 22
Hmmmm ... rather suspicious. I’m betting it breaks free at some point ... returning to the normal ‘fluid’ patterns we’ve seen.

They might just keep them all blocked. It should be very busy for all the time that is blocked and I have heard many complaints from people I talked to face to face about trips last week and never again in October. The places I like to stay (off site) are booked solid Saturday 11/9, which makes since being the start of a 3 day weekend.

They might just keep them all blocked. It should be very busy for all the time that is blocked and I have heard many complaints from people I talked to face to face about trips last week and never again in October. The places I like to stay (off site) are booked solid Saturday 11/9, which makes since being the start of a 3 day weekend.
They’ve been opening up (people booked yesterday).

There aren’t “blockout days” for the Flex except at Christmas. So at least some reservations are going to be open for all other days. As people with those reservations cancel, the dates will open back up, and then close again as the cancellations get booked.

Hmmm this is not inspiring a lot of confidence. I thought we could make this pass work as non-local, taking a couple weekend trips through the year. But if we don't have a reasonable chance of getting dates at the 30-day mark (with flights booked) that is a question mark...

Anyways, watching with interest. Thanks for all the reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter