Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

Now all of the Saturdays in March are booked up again for "both parks" and all are still able to be booked for DCA.

I am curious, was it a Saturday that you couldn’t reserve?
We primarily go on weekdays now because I’m no longer working full time. However that will change in August when my son starts kindergarten and we will need to go more on weekends (I’ll still go with the baby only during the week though).
Dropping down to Flex (with a parking add-on to my Flex) will save us $850 for the year, no small sum. I don’t buy a ton of merch (maybe $50 a month?). We do eat a good amount of food in the parks but I feel like it’s no where near enough to need to keep Sig for an extra 10% off on merch and and extra 5% on food.

I haven't seen any parking add-on for the deluxe or flex pass. Other than the $25 a day. Is that the add-on you are referring to? Thank you

I haven't seen any parking add-on for the deluxe or flex pass. Other than the $25 a day. Is that the add-on you are referring to? Thank you
The OP has a Signature AP (includes parking), so she has the option to add parking to a Flex AP if she goes down to that pass level. This option only exists for passholders who already have a pass with parking and are downgrading to a different pass that doesn't include parking.

So I tried to search through the thread to see if this has happened to anyone else, but didn’t see it. Forgive me if this is a repeat.

We used our FP for the first time last week. I booked reservations for Saturday and Sunday and they were on the app no problem. When we got to the ticket booth to get our passes, they had to correct the name on my daughter’s pass on my app. This took a long time and involved a supervisor. They got it straightened out and sent us on our way.
the next day I pulled up our tickets in the app and notice it says “no reservations“ for our tickets. It was an open day that day so we went into the parks and I stopped by guest relations later that day to address it. They said I had to go back to the ticket booth and have them fix it. So I did, and she pulled my account up online and said the reservations were there, not to worry about it.
so, the next morning we try to get into the parks and they sad we don’t have reservations! I pulled up my email confirmations and eventually a supervisor approved it and let us in. I talked to the ticket booth people again, and they repeated that the reservations are there, shouldn’t be a problem. As expected, The same thing happened the next day. They eventually let us in Sunday too, but it was a hassle and embarrassing. And my 16yo daughter who didn’t arrive at the same time as us was really given a hard time, having to go to the ticket booth and 5 different gates to finally be let in.
There were other people who had the same problem that day too.

I emailed guest services to let them know and hope it’s not going to be an ongoing problem. But I didn’t see anything like this posted on this thread so I wanted to give you a heads up. Save your confirmation emails!

Planning trip 4/14-4/16. That week days look good to go. So should we upgrade the on the first day of our 3 days? Or, wait till last day?
If first day can take advantage of food and merchandise discounts I would think.

Are you going to use your magic morning on 4/14? If you have used your magic morning or haven't used it but don't care about it, then there is no reason not to upgrade on day 1 if all of your days are good to go. You are correct that you will be able to start taking advantage of the food and merchandise discounts once you have upgraded.

Are you going to use your magic morning on 4/14? If you have used your magic morning or haven't used it but don't care about it, then there is no reason not to upgrade on day 1 if all of your days are good to go. You are correct that you will be able to start taking advantage of the food and merchandise discounts once you have upgraded.
We are staying at GCH. So we'll get the early mornings as in park hotel. Thank you for response!

The OP has a Signature AP (includes parking), so she has the option to add parking to a Flex AP if she goes down to that pass level. This option only exists for passholders who already have a pass with parking and are downgrading to a different pass that doesn't include parking.
Oh ok. Thank you for your reply. I am always hoping there will be an add-on for parking for least deluxe. But I believe unless you already had parking on the deluxe, then it still doesn't exist as an add-on. Personally with my budget, it doesn't take long for $25 a day parking to make me cringe. I wonder if I can pass off my Knott's Berry farm parking permit at one of the Disney lots? Lol :)

Oh ok. Thank you for your reply. I am always hoping there will be an add-on for parking for least deluxe. But I believe unless you already had parking on the deluxe, then it still doesn't exist as an add-on. Personally with my budget, it doesn't take long for $25 a day parking to make me cringe. I wonder if I can pass off my Knott's Berry farm parking permit at one of the Disney lots? Lol :)

What's the difference between deluxe and signature? Maybe upgrade to signature for one year then downgrade to deluxe with parking?

Saturday March 7 is open for DL.
I thought this might happen. Most likely next Saturday will open also, because my DW and I will be canceling our reservations as this sad event keeps ramping up. My suggestion to everyone is to be PROactive than reactive. Stay Healthy everyone!

So I renewed my AP online going from Sig to Flex. My AP has now disappeared entirely from my app. Any ideas?
When I had to call to have the expiration dates corrected on our Flex passes, the CM stated it could take 24 hours for the change to be reflected on the app.

Check your account using the website to see if your Flex APs are listed there.

This is just idle curiosity on my part, but any idea why Sunday April 5 is booked up for DL reservations? It's very unusual for a Sunday to be fully booked up, especially this far out and when the Saturday is still open.

This is just idle curiosity on my part, but any idea why Sunday April 5 is booked up for DL reservations? It's very unusual for a Sunday to be fully booked up, especially this far out and when the Saturday is still open.

Spring break that week for a lot of schools. That is our week and most of So Cal schools. We’re traveling Friday, but for out-of-towners, travel day is likely on Saturday. First park day is Sunday. We reserved Saturday and Sunday and are praying that at least CaAdv is available Mon & Tues. I’m watching this very closely.

Spring break that week for a lot of schools. That is our week and most of So Cal schools. We’re traveling Friday, but for out-of-towners, travel day is likely on Saturday. First park day is Sunday. We reserved Saturday and Sunday and are praying that at least CaAdv is available Mon & Tues. I’m watching this very closely.
Yes, I’m super nervous about getting Friday and Saturday of that week (4/10-11). Will definitely be trying right at 7 am each morning it opens!

Good point. Since this is the first Spring Break where FlexPass has been offered, it will be interesting to see how the weekdays play out in terms of reservation availability, since people will have to make rolling reservations if they want more to visit the parks more than 2 days. I know that was the case for last summer as well, but there the demand was spread out over a larger period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter