Flights of Passage

Disney0721

Earning My Ears
This may be a silly question. But I've read that the flights of Passage ride drops you and slings you around. Is this True? I'm just wondering if you lift into the air like soarin, or if you stay seated and the ground just simulates drops. Can someone clarify for me please

The ride is built exactly like Soarin, but you don't see all the people around you. The concept is the same but FoP is more intense than Soarin. You feel like you are dropping and flying but you are just sitting in your seat. It is a motion simulator, but not as jerky as Star Wars.

It was just simulated and maybe the seat moves a little like Soarin'. The simulated drops are definitely more intense than Soarin's easy-going feel but the seats themselves do not drop you. It's just simulated. And it's pretty awesome.

It does move more than Soarin' but is not as jerky as something like Star Tours. There are no true "drops" but the seats and the entire floor actually move. Soarin' actually barely moves at all, it only very gently swings.

How long is the ride? I get motion sickness relatively easily but I can’t imagine not riding this at least once. Might have to employ the patch!

How long is the ride? I get motion sickness relatively easily but I can’t imagine not riding this at least once. Might have to employ the patch!

I get sick on most motion simulators and it was fine for me. Although, I took the advice I read here and took bonine about an hour before and also put a couple mints in my mouth right before it started. There was one point when I had to focus on a stead object as the sensory overload was too much, but overall I left feeling pretty good considering I've ruined whole days after Star Tours.

I also get motion sickness and didn't have a problem on this ride. There is air blown into you as though you are flying which helped me not get sick.

I get sick on most motion simulators and it was fine for me. Although, I took the advice I read here and took bonine about an hour before and also put a couple mints in my mouth right before it started. There was one point when I had to focus on a stead object as the sensory overload was too much, but overall I left feeling pretty good considering I've ruined whole days after Star Tours.

Haha Man, has anyone ever vomited on any of these rides? Soar, FOP or ST?

Yes. That’s one of the main causes of ride closures at FoP. The complete theater has to be shutdown and the area thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

The ride vehicles are quite detailed and it takes a lot of time for the clean-up. Probably one of the reasons the cards are being handed out.

I don't generally have a problem with simulator type rides (Soarin', Star Tours, the long forgotten Body Wars), but I did find this to be intense. I could feel the drops and turns more on this than other simulator rides. There were a couple of times early in the ride that I closed my eyes briefly and that solves the problem. But definitely a fun and beautiful ride. I am looking forward to riding it again.

Yes. That’s one of the main causes of ride closures at FoP. The complete theater has to be shutdown and the area thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.

The ride vehicles are quite detailed and it takes a lot of time for the clean-up. Probably one of the reasons the cards are being handed out.

LOL. Oh God. I’ve already told my wife we are going to need to bring in all reinforcements because I am riding this. The patch is the best thing I’ve ever used...put it on the night before and no drowsiness.

LOL. Oh God. I’ve already told my wife we are going to need to bring in all reinforcements because I am riding this. The patch is the best thing I’ve ever used...put it on the night before and no drowsiness.

What's the patch? Is it an OTC? I get motion sick on so many of the rides, while my DH (bless his heart) lives in blissful ignorance. I usually take Dramamine but then I have to fight through the drowsiness.

I rode FOP on Sunday and I am prone to motion sickness. I was fine except when it simulated you turning upside down I had to close my eyes (sensory overload). I enjoyed the ride and I’m not a rollercoaster person. My husband who gets on every ride imaginable had some motion issues. So it probably just depends on the person. It’s definitely a more intense ride than something like soarin’. Lots of up and down motion. The floor does move several feet. There are videos of the floor movement from someone leaving a camera in the bin behind them.
Just take precautions and go for it. I was glad I didn’t skip it.

Last edited:
I’ve ridden FOP three times now and I can’t quite figure out how I react to it. I do get motion sickness on intense roller coasters and things like Star Tours. I don’t get sick but I tend to feel ‘off’ the rest of the day.

First time on FOP - no issues. I did look off to the side just to stabilize my field of vision for a few seconds, but otherwise no lingering bad feeling.

Second time on FOP - did get that ‘off’ feeling that lasted for awhile (was sort of bummed actually).

Third time on FOP (which was this past Sunday) - no issues at all... felt awesome during and after the ride.

Go figure?? :confused3

I couldn’t do anything after Soarin same for all simulators that I can think of i’ve thrown up after two in garbage cans. There’s a couple places I can do one of the simulators that actually does not have any simulator in it. For pregnant people and heart attack concerns.

Body wars is where we first found out I couldn’t do simulator rides. Worst ride of my life. Went about 10 AM and stayed in the park till close. I couldn’t do a darn thing all day, I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t ride anything, I just walked to the next place I could sit down that’s all I could do

Do the ride “vehicles” leave the ground? I mean, do they lift up like Soarin where you could be worried that a freaked out child would have a long fall if they wiggled loose? The seats don’t seem to secure you very well.

Do the ride “vehicles” leave the ground? I mean, do they lift up like Soarin where you could be worried that a freaked out child would have a long fall if they wiggled loose? The seats don’t seem to secure you very well.

They more “detach” from the wall behind you than “lift up.” The rows of seats are already on different floors/different sections. Unlike Soarin which loads everyone on the ground, with FOP you load on your level.

The seats - when engaged - are very secure (some may say too secure). You’re not getting out easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter