• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Wow, sounds like a rough few days! Glad you got your flights straightened out and saved some money! Cool deal on the Photopass CD. Do you know if that offer applies to pre-orders as well? I'm thinking not, since it's already getting like a $50 discount to pre-order, but that would be cool. Have a nice dinner out!

Wow, sounds like a rough few days! Glad you got your flights straightened out and saved some money! Cool deal on the Photopass CD. Do you know if that offer applies to pre-orders as well? I'm thinking not, since it's already getting like a $50 discount to pre-order, but that would be cool. Have a nice dinner out!

I don't see why not? Here's the link just in case. You have to order it before September 1st though

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/photopass.htm#discount

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you caught the difference with your moms flight, that would have been horrible!

And glad you caught up on your rest, that sounds like a dreadful couple of nights :(

Sounds like some awesome plans for this trip. I really can't deal with how precious your son is and I can't wait to see how he likes everything this trip.

Can't wait to read this!

Ahh! I guess you're good at lacking sleep, having DS and all. I was at a wedding last weekend and got very little sleep on Saturday night and I think I'm still trying to recover! Haha.

Yay for saving a bit on your flights!

I saw that PP deal, and thought it sounded pretty good, but I still think we're skipping PP this trip. I hope we don't regret it though!

Glad you caught your mom was on the wrong flight. That would have been awful and very stressful finding out if it got any closer.

Looking forward to your trip report. I so enjoyed your last trip report. :)

Hi and thank you!

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you caught the difference with your moms flight, that would have been horrible!

And glad you caught up on your rest, that sounds like a dreadful couple of nights :(

I probably would have cried when it finally came to checking in :sad2: What happened was there were two flights both exact same times (11:20am - 3:30 pm) right on top of the other, but one had a layover in Atlanta and the other one in Chicago. Thankfully, that led me to get better ticket prices :cool1:

Sounds like some awesome plans for this trip. I really can't deal with how precious your son is and I can't wait to see how he likes everything this trip.

Can't wait to read this!

:lmao:Thank you! He can be such a cutie...most of the time ;)

Ahh! I guess you're good at lacking sleep, having DS and all. I was at a wedding last weekend and got very little sleep on Saturday night and I think I'm still trying to recover! Haha.

Yay for saving a bit on your flights!

I saw that PP deal, and thought it sounded pretty good, but I still think we're skipping PP this trip. I hope we don't regret it though!

If you can believe it, i'm finally starting to get sleep! :worship: He wakes up once a night now, usually around 5am. I'm so proud of him..and me too!

Glad you caught your mom was on the wrong flight. That would have been awful and very stressful finding out if it got any closer.

Seriously, I probably would have cried checking in for our flights on our phone. Thankfully, because of my stupid error, we got cheaper flights for it!

Joining in for the fun! I did F&W last year so can't wait to hear about your plans and reports!

Ok I just got caught up. Plans look good! I was there the first week of November last year but nearby in Gainesville the last week of October and it was chilly. We wore jeans and sweatshirts a lot. It's so iffy though. I love fall in Florida though, the days are plenty warm :)

I'm glad that you figured out your mom was on the wrong flight! That could have been a disaster!

Also great you were able to save some money. That's always a bonus!

Joining in for the fun! I did F&W last year so can't wait to hear about your plans and reports!

Hi and welcome!

I'm here! I can't wait to hear what you think of F&W! Ok going back to read... :surfweb:

Ok I just got caught up. Plans look good! I was there the first week of November last year but nearby in Gainesville the last week of October and it was chilly. We wore jeans and sweatshirts a lot. It's so iffy though. I love fall in Florida though, the days are plenty warm :)

Steph! Welcome back to the DIS! Haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well with you and glad to have you on board :goodvibes

I'm glad that you figured out your mom was on the wrong flight! That could have been a disaster!

Also great you were able to save some money. That's always a bonus!

I don't know what was wrong with me that day:sad2:

1) Bought the Photopass CD this past week. Unfortunately, I couldn't combine the free prints with the pre-order price. Oh well.

2) Changed our return flights home, for cheaper and a later flight!

11:20am - 4:30pm is now 3:40pm - 8:30pm

Did this for a couple reasons. One, we got even cheaper flights with the later flight. Two, we now get to sleep in this day. I don't think we're sleeping in any day while we're there, so this will be nice to wake up leisurely and pack, instead of having the DME pick us up at 8:20, it will now be 12:40. Three, If we took the earlier flight, we'd get in right during the rush hour traffic of LA, AND on the start of the weekend. We'd be in traffic for a while. This way, once we land, we have a greater chance of not running into much traffic

3) So with the new 'My Disney Experience', you're able to link all your dining reservations, hotel reservations, FP+ and tickets all to one place. I linked my Undercover Tourist tickets last Wednesday to the website and linked them to the appropriate Magic Bands and they were showing up. However, I was unable to bring up my tickets under 'My Reservations' within MDE. I called and there was a problem, so was sent everywhere and finally talked to a lady who said that she would send me an email within a few days to fix the problem so I could start making FP+ options. Still haven't received anything yet and check everyday. If I get nothing by Friday i'm probably going to call.

4) Today is the 31 day mark for my waitlist for AKV instead of SSR and it still hasn't gone through :sad2: It probably won't either. Oh well.

5) Received my DME papers today! :banana: But need to change that as we're probably going to rent a car out of MCO.

6) DS has his first haircut appointment at the Harmony Barbershop on Tuesday, October 8th at 9:30am! :cloud9:

That's all the updates...for now! Been busy planning DS's 1st birthday party, which happens to be a couple days before we leave. "I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through." :rotfl::faint: I was definitely not thinking when planning this trip. So his birthday is officially on a Wednesday, but will probably have his birthday on the Sunday before. And it's a Monsters Inc party! So if you guys have any fun suggestions, please let me know. Been looking at Pinterest the past few weeks and there are some great ideas.

This Saturday, I'm having a small DIS-meet with Pam (pinkcoto) at Downtown Disney so that will be fun!

1) Bought the Photopass CD this past week. Unfortunately, I couldn't combine the free prints with the pre-order price. Oh well.

11:20am - 4:30pm is now 3:40pm - 8:30pm

Did this for a couple reasons. One, we got even cheaper flights with the later flight. Two, we now get to sleep in this day. I don't think we're sleeping in any day while we're there, so this will be nice to wake up leisurely and pack, instead of having the DME pick us up at 8:20, it will now be 12:40. Three, If we took the earlier flight, we'd get in right during the rush hour traffic of LA, AND on the start of the weekend. We'd be in traffic for a while. This way, once we land, we have a greater chance of not running into much traffic

3) So with the new 'My Disney Experience', you're able to link all your dining reservations, hotel reservations, FP+ and tickets all to one place. I linked my Undercover Tourist tickets last Wednesday to the website and linked them to the appropriate Magic Bands and they were showing up. However, I was unable to bring up my tickets under 'My Reservations' within MDE. I called and there was a problem, so was sent everywhere and finally talked to a lady who said that she would send me an email within a few days to fix the problem so I could start making FP+ options. Still haven't received anything yet and check everyday. If I get nothing by Friday i'm probably going to call.

4) Today is the 31 day mark for my waitlist for AKV instead of SSR and it still hasn't gone through :sad2: It probably won't either. Oh well.

5) Received my DME papers today! :banana: But need to change that as we're probably going to rent a car out of MCO.

6) DS has his first haircut appointment at the Harmony Barbershop on Tuesday, October 8th at 9:30am! :cloud9:

That's all the updates...for now! Been busy planning DS's 1st birthday party, which happens to be a couple days before we leave. "I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through." :rotfl::faint: I was definitely not thinking when planning this trip. So his birthday is officially on a Wednesday, but will probably have his birthday on the Sunday before. And it's a Monsters Inc party! So if you guys have any fun suggestions, please let me know. Been looking at Pinterest the past few weeks and there are some great ideas.

This Saturday, I'm having a small DIS-meet with Pam (pinkcoto) at Downtown Disney so that will be fun!

Yay for a later AND cheaper flight. Love it when it works out like that. Sorry your wait list hasn't come through yet, I will keep my fingers crossed.

As for the whole My Disney Experience, let me just say the whole system is causing my coworkers and I much anxiety. It's one giant headache after another ESPECIALLY for first timers! Can you imagine having to make all these decisions on your first trip?? I love the concept of My Magic + but there are some serious kinks that need to be worked out. Ok rant over :)

I love that you are doing a Monsters Inc themed first bday! How cute!

I'm glad you are getting things together. I am resisting the whole Magic Bands FP+ thing. Rides are secondary to us at Disney, we are much more interested in the food, shopping and shows, and we like to go on the rides as we can. Since most of the rides at DL are better (In our opinion) we would just go on most of them there. I don't want to schedule my whole trip minute by minute, it's bad enough doing the ADRs.

OK rant over, this is your trip! Yay! for your plans! I got my DME papers the other day too, so I know how exciting that is! I hope you guys make it over to our little party on the 5th. We should have plenty of food!

I think its so cool that you are going to meet Pam.

Somebody better post pics. :thumbsup2

Let me know how your car search goes. I still feel likes its too early to search for mine.

Sorry your waitlist hasn't gone through, but I will still keep my fingers crossed for some pixie dust for you. Ya never know. Have you stayed SSR before? It's very pretty there. I wish the points were a little lower. If the points were in line with OKW I would probably stay there all the time. :rotfl2: There are some seriously nice pools there. Don't forget to check out the one with the view of DTD. Love that pool.

YAY for cheaper flights. It always nice when you can save some money. I am not looking forward to using My Disney Experience. Hopefully when I go they will get all the kinks out.

I can't believe your son is going to be 1. It goes so fast. I am obsessed with Pinterest. I have a board for everything.

Looks like a win all around. Definitely a good change! :thumbsup2

This is just so typical... I mean Disney is a multi billion dollar company and they can't even get a good IT system in place. The old system was buggy and this new and improved system appears to not be much better yet. And I'm sure next time you call, you'll get someone who knows exactly how to fix it and has all the right answers for you. :headache: :rolleyes1

Today is the 31 day mark for my waitlist for AKV instead of SSR and it still hasn't gone through :sad2: It probably won't either. Oh well.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Don't give up, there's still time!:thumbsup2

Awesome! I wish we had thought to do that with DS on his first trip.

Been busy planning DS's 1st birthday party, which happens to be a couple days before we leave. "I'm not sure how well this plan was thought through." :rotfl::faint:
Who's idea was that anyway? :rolleyes1

I'm sure you'll get through it fine. It will be a busy time, but it will be the good kind of busy with a lot of fun involved. I have no constructive ideas for you, but I think a Monsters Inc. party sounds like a great idea! One of my favorite Pixar films. :thumbsup2

Looks pretty good! My family stayed at SSR when they decided to visit me at WDW for my birthday (it was the only resort they could get when they decided one week out........and my birthday is during 4th of July week :scared1:) and they loved it so much they can't wait to stay there again! My mom still talks about it. Still, I can imagine it is less than ideal to have to switch one night like that.

Hope we see some eventual birthday party pictures!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter