Food Discounts Question

Chacam

Earning My Ears
Wow are recent annual pass holders. It's been 20 years since we have been to Disney World. I have a question regarding the discounts provided to pass holders. Are any discounts available at the various food kiosks throughout the parks, or are they just available in the main restaurants? Do we have to ask for the discounts, or just show our Magic Bands? How does that work?

And, we have heard that there other ways to carry the gizmo on our magic bands, like necklaces of fobs or something other than bracelets.

Thank you for any help.

Wow are recent annual pass holders. It's been 20 years since we have been to Disney World. I have a question regarding the discounts provided to pass holders. Are any discounts available at the various food kiosks throughout the parks, or are they just available in the main restaurants? Do we have to ask for the discounts, or just show our Magic Bands? How does that work?

And, we have heard that there other ways to carry the gizmo on our magic bands, like necklaces of fobs or something other than bracelets.

Thank you for any help.
For dining discounts, its pretty much just Table Service right now. Here is the full list of where and how much: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/
You have to ask for the discount and show your AP card (the CMs don't typically ask, so you need to remember to tell them you're an AP). The rule is that the AP has to be the person paying too, so if you have a credit card the name needs to match the AP and CC.

For Magicbands, there are Magic Keepers: https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=magickeepers
There is a basic carabiner and a Mickey clip. You can buy them at most stores selling magicbands and the kit comes with the screwdrivers necessary to take out the Magic Band "puck".

Have fun!

You should always ask though as the list changes and sometimes you will get a surprise. I am a DVC, AP & Disney visa holder. I ask about all 3 because may of the discounts are the same but not all of them. So always ask. There are discounts for AP holders for special tours, mini golf and extras at the resorts like the carriage rides sometimes too. So anytime you are paying out of pocket for something, always, always ask if there is a discount.

Maybe I missed it, but does it look like Disney reduced the number of 20% discounts and made them now 10%? I thought the 2017 AP discount had more 20% offerings.

Maybe I missed it, but does it look like Disney reduced the number of 20% discounts and made them now 10%? I thought the 2017 AP discount had more 20% offerings.

They were running a special for WDW’s 45th anniversary where they chose 45 WDW restaurants to offer 20% discounts from 10/1/16 through 12/21/17–I think. The original ending date of the promotion was 9/30/17 but they extended it to not quite the end of the year.

Thank you for any help.
A different visual:

http://allears.net/pl/disc_dining.pdf

They were running a special for WDW’s 45th anniversary where they chose 45 WDW restaurants to offer 20% discounts from 10/1/16 through 12/21/17–I think. The original ending date of the promotion was 9/30/17 but they extended it to not quite the end of the year.

Thanks much. How about a new promotion choosing 46 restaurants celebrating 46 years? :)

And the discount squeeze continues.

Thanks much. How about a new promotion choosing 46 restaurants celebrating 46 years? :)

And the discount squeeze continues.

LOL!

TBH, I thought one of the reasons they offered and then extended those discounts was to fill tables.

As others mentioned, the AP discount is now only 10%. Other discounts, if you have a Chase Disney VISA card that can also be 10% as some restaurants and some CS locations. Some overlap, but some different.
If you are a DVC member or Florida resident, the Tables in Wonderland card may be an option depending on where you plan to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter