Food question of the day

What's for Lunch?

• Sub Samich?

• Grinder?

• Hero?

• Hoagie?

Results are only viewable after voting.

mmmmm....we had grinders when we were up in Connecticut, and they were so good!!! Much better than the sandwiches they call "grinders" down here. lol

Think God, I live in the Sub/Steak sandwich capitol of the world. We have them everywhere and they put the Subway's and Quizno's to shame and out of business. Everytime I travel to back to NC I have to take a !/2 dozen with me. The other day I was at the outer banks and Ginger at Franks and Fran tackle shop begged me to bring her some from Claymont Steak shop on my next trip.

Okay, excuse me very much if I'm a total ignoramous on this one, but what the heck is the difference in any of them. Isn't it all, you know, meat and stuff on bread??!!

Okay, excuse me very much if I'm a total ignoramous on this one, but what the heck is the difference in any of them. Isn't it all, you know, meat and stuff on bread??!!

Technically, you are 100%, but don't tell the hoagie people from philly, or the sub people from NY, they will differ. The only difference I know of is I always thought Grinders were heated in the oven.

I haven't had lunch yet today. I had sliced turkey wrapped around cherry tomatoes for breakfast.

Hmmm, better go look in the pantry.

I don't know the difference between any of those thingies up there on the poll, though. Can someone enlighten me?

They're just different names for the same thing - grinders is the term used in new england, sub is used a lot of other places etc etc.

They're just different names for the same thing - grinders is the term used in new england, sub is used a lot of other places etc etc.

Ooooooh! Ok, well then I guess I'll have a sub. No, make that a hoagie. That sounds like more fun.

I always thought Grinders were heated in the oven.

No... the flour used in a Grinder roll is made from the bones that giants grind.... hence the term "Grinder"!!:rotfl2:

I had a ho-made ham & swiss sammich with Weber's mustard on NY Rye bread & cheeto's on the side. Big glass of cold diet coke so the calories from the cheeto's are negated!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter