Fools for Exercise! (April 2022 Exercise Challenge)

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the April 2022 exercise thread! This month's theme will be April Fools and we'll look at goofy, silly, foolish Disney characters and moments.

Welcome back! If you're new here's how to join us:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Common goals for our 30 days of April:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - LeFou Blue
25% - Tigger Orange
50% - Pain and Panic Purple
75% - Kronk Pink
90% - Tow Mater Red
100% - Goofy Green

Our challenge starts on April 1st, officially, but feel free to join us anytime. Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith 900/800
sophy1996 1580/1400

BonnieF 550/600
Twilight Sparkle 2470/2200
Raya 433/350
PollyannaMom 600/600
Bethislucy 824/750

Figment1990 724/1200

Team: 8,081/7900

Last edited:
Welcome to the month, everyone! I got on the ball today, April 2nd, with 90 minutes of exercise. Running/walking at the park for 40 minutes, riding the exercise bike for 35, and stretching for 15. I was trying to work up a good sweat since I was going to a Gala tonight and I wanted to look thinner. LOL. Anyway, that puts me at LeFou Blue.

A bit of LeFou (from Beauty and the Beast) trivia: He was originally going to be voiced by Woody Allen! The character was going to be based on the comedian, but as the songwriters were brought on to work on the film, his character changed and no longer suited Woody Allen's voice or performance. It's hard to imagine that version of LeFou.
1648960889203.png

Thanks for taking on April, Elizabeth Smith!

I'm in for 2200 this time.

I have 250 minutes already which explains why I was so sore last night! Horses, walking, upper body daily challenge, obe body comp lower body class

250/2200

Reading about LeFou makes me want a LeFou's Brew. : )

Hope you had a nice time at the gala!

Happy April everyone! I'm liking forward to some light-hearted goofiness. ☺️ I'm in for 350 minutes - aiming low and hoping to go beyond my goal. Did a walking tour over the weekend, got to know my new town and got 30 minutes on the board already!

30/350

sophy1996, Twilight Sparkle, and Pollyanna Mom have all turned Le Fou Blue.

To celebrate these color changes, let's take a look at some goofs from the 1991 animated Beauty and the Beast! No film can be perfect and I, for one, love learning about continuity errors and factual issues in them.

Some of my favorites from this list are 1. the tears in the Beasts portrait change position throughout the film and 2. when Gaston stabs the Beast at the end of the film, he stabs him in the leg, but in the next shot, the wound is in his side.
Hope you had a nice time at the gala!
Thank you! We had a great time!
51982381848_d3b12aaa5f_w.jpg

sophy1996, Twilight Sparkle, and Pollyanna Mom have all turned Le Fou Blue.

To celebrate these color changes, let's take a look at some goofs from the 1991 animated Beauty and the Beast! No film can be perfect and I, for one, love learning about continuity errors and factual issues in them.

Some of my favorites from this list are 1. the tears in the Beasts portrait change position throughout the film and 2. when Gaston stabs the Beast at the end of the film, he stabs him in the leg, but in the next shot, the wound is in his side.

Thank you! We had a great time!
51982381848_d3b12aaa5f_w.jpg

Wow! That is a GREAT pic of you guys!!!!!! So glad you had fun!

Bethislucy, Bonnie F, and Raya have all become LeFou Blue! Our team has also changed color! Very exciting!

Since we're all blue in honor of LeFou (whose name literally means "the fool"), we'll cover one more Beauty and the Beast related folly. When the live action remake came out in 2017, they also released new Belle dolls designed to look like Emma Watson.... if Emma Watson was an ugly potato.
1649210008934.png
I think the doll was horribly unflattering! Luckily many talented doll artists were able to revise the face into something that resembled Emma Watson's real, beautiful face! Here is one of my favorite renditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter