Fools for Exercise! (April 2022 Exercise Challenge)

Mourn with me, y'all - I waited to long to go to the grocery store, and they were all out of discounted Easter Chocolate. *sob*. One of the things I miss about being home is all the Halloween candy - the beauty of going to MNSSHP is having pounds and pounds of free candy around. It's not healthy but it sure is fun.

35 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I had to go into the big city for a few days, so it felt awesome this morning to wake up on my own and go for a run without watching the clock. :)

35 minutes of indoor running
224/350 - 64%

+135, though I probably shouldn’t count the full 60 minutes for Pilates since I was preoccupied trying to get tickets for the World of Color dessert party which are supposed to open today. 😕

1035/1400
I am trying to imagine you doing this, and I have to say, I am not that talented!!!! Pilates is hard enough without this challenge thrown in there.

I am trying to imagine you doing this, and I have to say, I am not that talented!!!! Pilates is hard enough without this challenge thrown in there.

It was ridiculous! Every five minutes I checked my phone. Luckily I could fit most of it in changes between exercises (initial warm-up, check phone, arms, check phone, etc). I was pretty embarrassed, even though there was only one other person in class and we have had the same instructor forever.

It was kind of sad, though, that when I apologized profusely, she said no big deal, people are on their phones all the time in other classes. Some just scrolling and checking Facebook! My mind was blown.

I did get tickets though—more than an hour after I got home.

I'm thinking about switching my running from Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday to every other day. Which meant this morning was my first Saturday run in several years. :0 It felt pretty good actually! No soreness yet, so I might be able to walk around shopping this afternoon too. It's funny how I can walk for (literally) 8 miles a day at Disney, but come home and I doubt my ability to run in the morning and then walk around a grocery store. I guess if the grocery sold Citrus Swirls I'd make it happen... 🤣

45 minutes of indoor running
269/350 - 76%

I'm thinking about switching my running from Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday to every other day. Which meant this morning was my first Saturday run in several years. :0 It felt pretty good actually! No soreness yet, so I might be able to walk around shopping this afternoon too. It's funny how I can walk for (literally) 8 miles a day at Disney, but come home and I doubt my ability to run in the morning and then walk around a grocery store. I guess if the grocery sold Citrus Swirls I'd make it happen... 🤣

45 minutes of indoor running
269/350 - 76%
It seems so counterintuitive but I’ve always found that on the days that I run in the morning and then go do something in the afternoon like grocery shopping or go to a kids birthday party or even walk around a theme park, I actually recover much better than if I come home and fall asleep on the couch. It’s definitely not as much fun though!

I pushed through 65 min of a workout today despite my sinus congestion.

724/1200

80 minutes (5 miles) walking around downtown. Couldn't find a Citrus Swirl, Mickey Bar, or even a single pop corn cart. There were no rides, walk through attractions were minimal. Only shows were three single musicians each looking for tips. 5/10, might recommend, but it's sure as heck not Disney World. :P

Figment1990 is right, I feel better today - after 5 miles + a run then I usually feel after just a run. :confused3

80 minutes
349/350 - 99.7% :P

There are tons of color changes to celebrate!
Figment 1990 has reached Pain and Panic Purple. Twilight Sparkle, sophy1996, and PollyannaMom have become Kronk Pink. Raya also reached Kronk Pink then surged right ahead to Tow Mater Red!
giphy.gif

The Team is also Kronk Pink!
Did you know that Patrick Warburton (the voice of Kronk) improvised when Kronk hummed his own theme song as he was carrying Kuzco (David Spade) in the bag to the waterfall. Disney's legal department had Warburton sign all rights to the humming composition over to them.

Attachments

• 1650861979728.png
    1650861979728.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 1
32 sore-slow-why-do-I-do-this minutes this morning. Apparently DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) is an actual thing. Go figure. I'm going to keep posting my minutes to redeem all those months when I *didn't* make it. :P

Also - Happy Half-way to Halloween Week! Personally, our family usually only celebrates Half-way to Halloween day (May 1) but if Disney wants to make it a week I'm not gonna complain. 188 days to go!

32 minutes
381/350 - 100.09%

Hi alll! Not going to list all my excuses for not posting in - I feel sheepish enough coming back. But - thanks to a lovely birthday getaway gift from my husband, I can post 320 minutes!!!!! We walked and walked and walked some more! It was great. Really just what we needed. I've promised myself that I'll keep it going - but not quite those numbers - lol!
(510/600)

BonnieF came back with a bang, jumping forward to Kronk Pink! I have reached Tow Mater Red with my efforts over the last two days! sophy1996 skipped over Red and went straight to Goofy Green along with Raya! Lots of color changes to celebrate!

To celebrate our successes, let's look at one of Disney's failures: The Emperor's New Groove sequel, Kronk's New Groove. Kronk's New Groove was a 2005 direct to home video release. This movie boasts an impressive 0% on Rotten Tomatoes, with an Audience score of just 44%. Have any of you seen this movie?
1651027441392.png

I was going to share a fun tidbit about Mater as well, but to be honest, I just couldn't find anything worth sharing! I'll admit I'm not the biggest Mater fan, but I do enjoy my husband's rendition of this joke:

I had no idea there *was* a sequel to the Emperor's New Groove! Ended up doing another walk/run this morning which was about 1 minute of running and 25 minutes of walking. So the sequel to yesterday's run was just as good as the sequel to Emperor's New Groove? :P But I really wanted to stick with my pattern, which meant two runs in a row to get me back on track with running on odd numbered days so I'm glad I did it.

26 minutes
407/350 - 116%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter