"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

A one-cent drop to $2.49 (regular) at our closest gas station. We are about $1.00 under the price of gas from about two years ago. Based upon on our average mpg per WDW round-trip drive drive, we could be saving about $75 to $80 on our next drive, which is almost the price of an overnight travel stay.

All the best. :thumbsup2

A one-cent drop to $2.49 (regular) at our closest gas station. We are about $1.00 under the price of gas from about two years ago. Based upon on our average mpg per WDW round-trip drive drive, we could be saving about $75 to $80 on our next drive, which is almost the price of an overnight travel stay.

The lowest I saw coming in today was 2.45, but that was a cash only price. Many of the cash/credit stations by me are still stuck at around 2.58, but I did see three that had started lowering prices, two at 2.49, one at 2.50.

Not as good as the 2.30 ericstac from Texas had reported last week. Is that a "proximity to refineries" benefit? Speaking of which are there still any refineries here in NJ?

Hi folks. Haven't checked in for a while, so busy with holidays since we got back from our trip. Quick rundown of our drive down:

Left PA around 11:30 AM on November 19, picked up Lauren from school and hit the road from there. Traffic was wonderful the whole way, didn't hit any major cities at any rush hours, although we were a little worried about hitting Richmond at the beginning of rush hour, but we did fine. We used 95 through the city and crossed our fingers LOL.

Some of you may know that I like stopping at local restaurants rather than chains on the road. So we stopped at a place called White Swan Bar-B-Que in Benson NC. The website looked good, the menu looked good, and it's NC so we should have barbecue, right? So, we got there around 7:30 and there was one other family there. They told us we could sit down and they could come take our order. They brought us a big plate of hush puppies and we ordered dinner. I got chicken and barbecue, hubby got barbecue sandwich, Shawn got shrimp and fries and Lauren got a burger and fries. Kinda greasy, not wonderful. So I said before we leave, we should go to the ladies room. OH MY GOSH!!!! That bathroom had not been cleaned in a month! It was dirty and disgusting, I said let's get out of here.

Fast forward, we stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Santee that night, room was nice, we were tired so we went to bed fairly early. Suddenly I notice that my daughter is sitting up in bed and I ask what's wrong. She says her stomach hurts and she might throw up. So it begain, starting at 3 am, through to 8 am, many trips to the bathroom where she kept vomiting. We blame the burger. The rest of us had some distress, but nothing as bad as she did.

Moral of the story, check the bathrooms first, BEFORE you order any food. If I had seen that bathroom, I would never have let any one sit in the restaurant, or eat or drink anything. I will be putting a Yelp review online about it.

So, what does that mean?? McDonald's is the safest restaurant on the road :rotfl: Mike says it's pb&j from now on, made by us. Luckily, it didn't impact her trip that much, although she didn't want to eat a lot of food for a couple of days and she still hasn't eaten a burger.

Gas prices were great, I think we paid around $2.69 at the lowest. We love driving in the winter because we use about 3/4 of a tank less of gas with no a/c running. We usually use 100 gallons of gas, this time we used about 85-90.

Trip update and ride home :( to come.

Glad you made it there and back safely. Good to hear that the illness didn't impact your daughter's vacation too much. :sick:

Love your tip about checking the bathrooms before eating. When DH and I were looking for a home many years ago that was our rule too. If a homeowner took good care of the bathroom, we felt they would take good care of the rest of the home too.

Not as good as the 2.30 ericstac from Texas had reported last week. Is that a "proximity to refineries" benefit? Speaking of which are there still any refineries here in NJ?

Yes, Bayway refinery, right by the NJTpk is still going strong.

Local Wawa gas price dropped a few days ago from $2.49 to $2.47, but went up a penny today; Delta remains at $2.45.

In any event, it's time that we hit the road soon. There's a place just off I-4 in Florida that looks interesting. ;)

The lowest I saw coming in today was 2.45, but that was a cash only price. Many of the cash/credit stations by me are still stuck at around 2.58, but I did see three that had started lowering prices, two at 2.49, one at 2.50.

I just got back from our WDW road trip. seems like 2.60's was the norm once we got on the road.

Now that we are back, The Citgo that was $2.30 is currently $2.19 :drive:

months ago I joked about getting under $2.00 but I think we just might see it :rolleyes1

I just got back from our WDW road trip. seems like 2.60's was the norm once we got on the road.

Now that we are back, The Citgo that was $2.30 is currently $2.19 :drive:

months ago I joked about getting under $2.00 but I think we just might see it :rolleyes1

You may just get under under 2.00 again. Here I saw a station this morning at 2.29 for cash price. The credit prices have all dropped into the 2.38-2.44 range. And crude oil prices were back in the upper 50's last week!

You may just get under under 2.00 again. Here I saw a station this morning at 2.29 for cash price. The credit prices have all dropped into the 2.38-2.44 range. And crude oil prices were back in the upper 50's last week!

I know its pretty crazy.... after I sent that last message I was heading into town and passed the gas station and it was and still is as of this morning $2.15
:thumbsup2
I fill up at the Bu-cee's a few blocks down and they are a little higher but it is also steadily decreasing.. I think it was $2.23 this morning there.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I know its pretty crazy.... after I sent that last message I was heading into town and passed the gas station and it was and still is as of this morning $2.15
:thumbsup2
I fill up at the Bu-cee's a few blocks down and they are a little higher but it is also steadily decreasing.. I think it was $2.23 this morning there.

Good news for Lone Star State drivers. We're down to $2.45 at our nearest station. The savings will help pay for those I-95 tolls in DE and MD!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Who will be the first 2,000+ mile round-trip driver to be in WDW on Jan. 1, 2015?

Actually two categories apply to the answer:

A) those who will be there on New Year's Eve and the next morning

B) those who will be arriving on or after Jan. 1, 2015

Who will be the first 2,000+ mile round-trip driver to be in WDW on Jan. 1, 2015? Actually two categories apply to the answer: A) those who will be there on New Year's Eve and the next morning B) those who will be arriving on or after Jan. 1, 2015 All the best. :thumbsup2
B. for us we leave Chicago O'hare area jan 2

Who will be the first 2,000+ mile round-trip driver to be in WDW on Jan. 1, 2015?

Actually two categories apply to the answer:

A) those who will be there on New Year's Eve and the next morning

B) those who will be arriving on or after Jan. 1, 2015

If things work out, we'll be in group A.

We drive from chicago on 12/31 and at wdw1/1/2015..

We are B. We arrive at Downtown Disney the evening of 1/1/15, but check into Fort Wilderness early on the 2nd. Can't wait!

It appears that a few 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers will be in WDW on 1/2/15.

[Oil change, tire pressure check and wheel alignment completed today.]

We hit $1.99 yesterday :) it was $2.07 when I drove by around 6am and around 2pm it was $1.99

This is it!! We are leaving today at 3pm from just north of Philadelphia.:banana: We are taking two days to get to the World. It is my DH, myself, and DD(13). Work is going to go so slow today. I am really looking forward to the drive although I'm a little nervous about the rain storm it looks like we will hit in VA and NC.

Any last minute advice about anything? We are going to be heading out on back roads (not really true back roads but not 95 around DC) to Richmond (301 I think) cause of our time leaving this afternoon and then 95 all day Saturday and part of Sunday until we hit I-4 :drive:

So glad gas prices have fallen- that's going to really help our budget.

Best to all... I've really enjoyed reading this thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter