For the First Time in Forever... DEC 2017 Pre-Trip Report

BriLovesDisney

DIS Veteran
Hello!

This is my first trip pre-trip report/plan and first trip to Disney in 5 years, which is basically forever!!! We are very excited to spend Christmas at Disney World.

Who:
Three Disney Obsessed Generations - me, my mom, and grandmother

When: December 19-27, 2017

We started planning this trip LAST December, but realize our plans have to be somewhat flexible with the holiday crowds!

Things we can't wait to do/see: Candlelight Processional, Holiday Sleigh Ride, seeing Disney Springs for the first time, ALL THE FOOD, seeing Happily Ever After, and, of course, being in Disney for the first time in a very long time!

We've mostly got our ADRs finalized but there are a few things we are thinking about changing.

Our ADRs:

- Chef Art Smith Dinner
- Garden Grill Breakfast (CP package)
- Rose & Crown Pub Dinner
- Chef Mickey Breakfast
- Plaza Lunch
- Cali Grill Late Late Dinner for Fireworks viewing (thinking about dropping this one)
- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
- Garden Grill Dinner (thinking about changing this one)
- Tusker House Breakfast
- Le Cellier Dinner
- Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast
- Crystal Palace Dinner
- Cape May Cafe Breakfast
- Yachtsman Steakhouse Dinner
- Kona Cafe Breakfast
- Be Our Guest Dinner
- Ohana Breakfast

We arranged our FPs a few days ago, which is crazy because that means we are now under 60 days! We are excited to ride some of the new rides like FEA, SDMT, and Navi River Journey. We're debating on FOP but we don't want to get motion sick :)

I hope I'm doing this pre-trip report thing right! Let us know what things we need to add to our itinerary. Should we do a post-trip report? Dining reports?

You will have a wonderful time with so many great things planned. Can't wait for the trip report.

Re: Dinner at Garden Grill - we loved it! It was just me and DH and I definitely want to do it again. We thought the food was very good, the revolving part very unique and Chip n Dale were especially so much fun and there were no children with us. Plan it around Soarin' and Land Fast Passes. So convenient.

Have a fun trip! A LOT has changed in 5 years.

You will have a wonderful time with so many great things planned. Can't wait for the trip report.

Re: Dinner at Garden Grill - we loved it! It was just me and DH and I definitely want to do it again. We thought the food was very good, the revolving part very unique and Chip n Dale were especially so much fun and there were no children with us. Plan it around Soarin' and Land Fast Passes. So convenient.

Have a fun trip! A LOT has changed in 5 years.

Thanks! We are anxiously counting down the days :) Glad to hear Garden Grill dinner is still good, we're planning on eating there before our holiday sleigh ride at Ft. Wilderness.

It's that awful time of trip planning where I've hit the road block of having nothing left to plan!

Waiting to see if Christmas Week hours are extended and hoping that doesn't throw off any of our ADRs.

What do you guys do when you have nothing else left to plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter